Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Only posted cause of the routine Mids slander. I digress tho.

Jalen-Rose-towel-throw.gif

For some reason I can only get behind the all white or all black pair of mids, good beater shoe, it's high everything else.

It's a been few years since I've let go of any of my shoes but selling my double up pair of DS Chi's is looking extremely tempting!

I would move those soon tbh. I can’t see Nike/JB not establishing a higher AJ 1 OG retail pricepoint with a Chi 1 retro in the next 2-3 years. I would imagine it would be a big release (at least for an OG AJ 1) like 2017 Royals or 2018 Shadows as well. Chis aren’t like Unions or TS 1s which are both unikely to ever retro.

I think some stockx centers are backed up like jersey and Atlanta, most likely they haven't gotten to verifying it yet. I have a sale sitting in Atlanta for ahwile now while my most recent ones flew thru Detroit in a day. Be patient and hope they do a good job cause fakes on those are good and are more likely to pass thru at times like this
Fingers crossed it passes inspection. That ship has sailed if it doesn't because u know they're not gonna find me a replacement at that price now...smh

Screenshot_20200515-122801_StockX.jpg

Yeah, you're way off base here. You can't put everyone in your cookie cutter definition of what it is to be a real collector or fan. It just doesn't work like that because... people are different. They have different likes, dislikes, goals, circumstances, etc.

Say this guy has sunk a lot of money over the years into his collection. Later on, his priorities change. He has a bunch of pairs DS that he knows he'll never get around to wearing, maybe he has a kid or need to move,. He says, "These have appreciated well. I can let a bunch of these go and I would have some nice seed money for a new car or crib. " I've seen folks sell some of their collection off because they were downsizing to a much smaller living arrangement. You never know. Doesn't take away from his love of the kicks or the game.

Hell, with those Chicago's going for 2 bands, you better believe people are selling that may have strong emotional attachments to those shoes. They're doing it because it makes sense. This is a cycle and those shoes will definitely come back around sooner or later.

There are no guidelines to this ish.

You're right, I'm overstepping with my assumptions here, apologies staffsgtdignam staffsgtdignam .

I appreciate your insight but I’ll be going on 20 years of buying Js next year. That said, I’m not sure how long you’ve been buying sneakers but I’ve seen hype come and go MANY times. Hell, I’ve seen Nike SB Dunks grow into immensely hyped sneakers (post-NYP), watched the hype die and seen that same cycle happen twice now haha Same with Foamposites (I live in DC so this market is skewed since they’re culturally significant here). Retros rise and fall in popularity but interest hasn’t died in the 19 years I’ve been collecting.

You’re right that I’ve spent a ton of money on buying shoes over the years but I also actually enjoy collecting and am extremely passionate about it as I’m sure a lot of NTers in general are. I actually talked to Jordy from the Shoezeum a few years ago since we’re both size 11 and he was selling off a lot of his collection. It was interesting getting the perspective of someone who, at that time, was literally running a museum dedicated to Nike/JB (in LV at the time) but it also made me realize that simply managing a large collection is hard work that most of us don’t want to do but kind of have to since a lot of old shoes don’t hold up well (even if they are worn) and we have to constantly take inventory of what we actually plan on wearing or what we’re just holding to as collectors. Polyurethane midsoles, air bubbles, and glue don’t really hold up well on DS sneakers if just left sitting in a closet so I’m just thankful that AJ 1s don’t have this problem, although leather cracking is definitely an issue on the ankle collar.

At some point, I’ll have to move a lot of my collection but, as with anyone who has to dwindle down a large collection, it ends up being a huge hassle, even if you end up making a good amount of money doing so. It’s a lot easier to move stocks vs sneakers, to this point, so sneakers are definitely not a good long term investment but it’s also not nearly as exciting buying stocks as it is buying kicks.

Much respect. This will be 13 years since I started this hobby. My mentality is I buy to keep and selling isn't even an option, but I get tunnel vision and need to realize not everyone thinks this way.

Back
Top Bottom