Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My $1223 bid for the Chicago 1's got accepted on stockx on 5/5. Today is the third day the status has been "item received at stockx." I've emailed stockx 2 days in a row, no response. Hold your judgement on the price I paid, I'm furious that there's been no communication from Stockx as to what's going on with my order. If it doesn't pass authentication, I'll be looking at having to pay $300-400 more now. I think I'm out at that point.
I think some stockx centers are backed up like jersey and Atlanta, most likely they haven't gotten to verifying it yet. I have a sale sitting in Atlanta for ahwile now while my most recent ones flew thru Detroit in a day. Be patient and hope they do a good job cause fakes on those are good and are more likely to pass thru at times like this

Added a few over the last few weeks
801000C4-D6C9-43CC-8118-21F9CFF84185.jpeg
Do you own any other models of Jordans?

I want royal toes with the frag color block, the blue heel. These 2020 royal toes remind me too much of black/whites and royals. Obviously.
That's exactly what I said the other day. No way would I ever wear these over my black/whites, royals, or if I want a different type of blue, the storm blues. This was just a really weird shoe that could have been made a lot better with a couple easy changes. JB is doing terribly lately in my opinion

That's exactly what I said the other day. No way would I ever wear these over my black/whites, royals, or if I want a different type of blue, the storm blues. This was just a really weird shoe that could have been made a lot better with a couple easy changes. JB is doing terribly lately in my opinion
Didn’t stop the beasts, so they’re doing fine.

Yeah I think right now is a seller's market/dream, I'll wait for prices to drop again like they always inevitably do yo lick anything up of I need too.

a lot of old shoes don’t hold up well (even if they are worn) and we have to constantly take inventory of what we actually plan on wearing or what we’re just holding to as collectors. Polyurethane midsoles, air bubbles, and glue don’t really hold up well on DS sneakers if just left sitting in a closet

This is a big fear of mine for owning a collection. I wear almost all my kicks for the most part, but I don't get to wear them often because my workplace doesn't allow sneakers (even though I don't meet clients :angry: ). So I dread the day the airbubbles yellow and crack or the midsoles separating from the uppers while they still look like they're in great condition :emoji_confounded:

This is a big fear of mine for owning a collection. I wear almost all my kicks for the most part, but I don't get to wear them often because my workplace doesn't allow sneakers (even though I don't meet clients :angry: ). So I dread the day the airbubbles yellow and crack or the midsoles separating from the uppers while they still look like they're in great condition :emoji_confounded:

That's why I wear all my sneakers the same to the most expensive pair to the cheapest pair I enjoy them to have them sitting in my house like a museum is not doing me no favors

Like anyone else my bred 1s have that glitter and Im just cleaning with some water but I never noticed this as you can see how the red in the leather get dark obviously because it’s wet but I never seen that before...they need to retro these ASAP man
44EB2292-53D4-48DF-9629-931E0A4065AB.jpeg

54A2B7E6-4CB9-4FD5-8B78-A7E65B0F39EA.jpeg

They’re sneakers bro. I wear all my kicks too and I can’t wear em to work so I don’t really get to wear em as much as I’d want. Back when I was in college, I had jays on every day. Now it’s way different. I don’t fear or dread anything though. If they break down, yellow, explode, it is what it is, there’s too much other **** in this world to give you worries... this is a hobby I enjoy, I ain’t gonna stress it

That's why I wear all my sneakers the same to the most expensive pair to the cheapest pair I enjoy them to have them sitting in my house like a museum is not doing me no favors

The thing is, ALL sneakers, DS or not, are obviously susceptible to the effects of aging. Even if you just have 10 pairs of sneakers total, eventually some are going to age better than others unless you are constantly selling off old pairs and buying new ones like a lot of sneaker YouTubers do. Basically, you just have to either take steps to prolong the life of the shoes you want to keep, go to StockX/GOAT/eBay and buy an old replacement pair, or, like Nike/JB would want you to do, buy the next retro of that CW. We don’t have many options if we’re attached to specific models and especially cws that aren’t releasing constantly and are readily available (i.e. White AF 1s, Chucks, Stan Smiths, etc. etc.).

Last edited:
Like anyone else my bred 1s have that glitter and Im just cleaning with some water but I never noticed this as you can see how the red in the leather get dark obviously because it’s wet but I never seen that before...they need to retro these ASAP man
44EB2292-53D4-48DF-9629-931E0A4065AB.jpeg

54A2B7E6-4CB9-4FD5-8B78-A7E65B0F39EA.jpeg
Yup happens on the breds when the red portions get wet. Ive worn mine in the rain a bunch so i have seen this happen. Not so much my royals though. Also for the glitter, you dont need water to remove it. Dry towel or brush would be good enough

Back
Top Bottom