Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Historically, it depends on how big of a GR.. 2016 Space Jam 11s are going for $450-$500 after 4 years and there were over 1 million pairs of those produced 4 years ago. Meanwhile, the What The 4s that came out a little over a year ago could be found on discount a little over a year ago and are going for $300-$400 on the resale market now. OG Jordan 1s (which aren’t really sold in GR #s) are even more significant since Mochas which released last Fall could be bought from StockX for $250-$300 soon after release but now are going for over $400. I bought multiple pairs of Spider-Man 1s after release for around $300 with the intent of moving them a few years down the line to pay for my initial pair I had to pay resale for.. Given what they’re going for now, I think it was a smart idea.

If you have to pay resale for a pair of shoes and want to make up for paying resale costs, I would generally advise to pick up two pairs and move one in a year or two. With hyped OG 1s, you can typically make the initial price you paid for the personal pair you keep at least come down to retail with moving the 2nd pair. I’ve done this over and over when taking Ls on 1s. Obviously this doesn’t work as well with less hyped models and 11s tend to go up slower in value simply because there are so many holiday 11s typically produced.

when do you plan on buying your ng 1s?

Historically, it depends on how big of a GR.. 2016 Space Jam 11s are going for $450-$500 after 4 years and there were over 1 million pairs of those produced 4 years ago. Meanwhile, the What The 4s that came out a little over a year ago could be found on discount a little over a year ago and are going for $300-$400 on the resale market now. OG Jordan 1s (which aren’t really sold in GR #s) are even more significant since Mochas which released last Fall could be bought from StockX for $250-$300 soon after release but now are going for over $400. I bought multiple pairs of Spider-Man 1s after release for around $300 with the intent of moving them a few years down the line to pay for my initial pair I had to pay resale for.. Given what they’re going for now, I think it was a smart idea.

If you have to pay resale for a pair of shoes and want to make up for paying resale costs, I would generally advise to pick up two pairs and move one in a year or two. With hyped OG 1s, you can typically make the initial price you paid for the personal pair you keep at least come down to retail with moving the 2nd pair. I’ve done this over and over when taking Ls on 1s. Obviously this doesn’t work as well with less hyped models and 11s tend to go up slower in value simply because there are so many holiday 11s typically produced.

🤣 so the second pair will pay for the first pair two years from now? That just sounds dumb. Who’s trying to spend let’s say $500 more now, to make up the $500 on the first pair 2 years later!? Yeah maybe you can POTENTIALLY make more but it has to be a much larger gain Maybe 2-3 x minimum on the $500 to make sense in such a slow recovery. Come on man.

🤣 so the second pair will pay for the first pair two years from now? That just sounds dumb. Who’s trying to spend let’s say $500 more now, to make up the $500 on the first pair 2 years later!? Yeah maybe you can POTENTIALLY make more but it has to be a much larger gain Maybe 2-3 x minimum on the $500 to make sense in such a slow recovery. Come on man.
You’re forgetting one important thing bro...
The Instagram clout you get by having multiples

Like how does one even put a value on that

yep, I dont even sweat shoes now. I barely have the opportunity to wear sneakers so I just stick to 2-4 pairs a year, and I just pay the resell or pre-order it. For everyone of us that disappears, 5 new beasts take our place.

Where do you guys pre order your shoes, I NEED THAT in my life!

CD958C4C-B66C-477C-955B-BBB8830D20CC.jpeg
Watching Smackdown, the Universal Champion with the Smoke Greys clean 😎

so what’s the point of now having retro “85’s” and regular Jordan 1 highs?

because if 85’s are supposed to be the more accurate shape then all these regular highs they keep cranking out might as well be no better than mids

first all we got was mids for years until they came with limited highs. Then when those got tired they they finally gave us “remastered” highs with Nike air. Now that those have reached over saturation they’re giving us “85’s” which seem to be closer to originals than anything

I used to think it was damn near impossible to remake a shoe 35 years later exactly how it first came out but it’s amazing how JB knows what we want and still spoon feeds us like the addicts we are

Spidermans were miles better than Trophy Rooms.

At least they had a legit reason to look the way they did. Not a manufactured one.
“Miles” better? I see what you did there. Haha.
But seriously, that’s been my exact thought since the unveiling of the TRs. The textures on both the red and black parts on the the Spideys are both really subtle IMO. Also, I like icy outsoles, so I think it’s a good twist on them, and the blue tongue tag is dope Spider-Man not too. The Chi 1 is my favorite Jordan, and IMO the Spideys make subtler changes to an already perfect shoe.

Yeah maybe you can POTENTIALLY make more but it has to be a much larger gain Maybe 2-3 x minimum on the $500 to make sense in such a slow recovery. Come on man.

If I bought 2 pairs of Spider-Man 1s for $300/each and sold one of them for ~$500 two years later, how is this a bad decision? I’ve been buying Js since 2002 and have YET to lose money on a DS pair of kicks I intended to sell down the road, including what I’ve bought at resale and resold after. Smart people doubled or tripled up on Chis when they were going for ~$300, for example.

If I bought 2 pairs of Spider-Man 1s for $300/each and sold one of them for ~$500 two years later, how is this a bad decision? I’ve been buying Js since 2002 and have YET to lose money on a DS pair of kicks I intended to sell down the road, including what I’ve bought at resale and resold after. Smart people doubled or tripled up on Chis when they were going for ~$300, for example.
He’s saying that you can make money faster rather than take your what, let’s call it a 300 dollar gain. Toss that 300 on some risky OTM weeklies in the stock market lol

Back
Top Bottom