Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Via HighSnobiety
A6AC16B9-82D5-45F5-AF01-EF3D52B61810.jpeg

Used, but no star loss or heel drag. On a Facebook group.

Personally I don’t mess with buying used shoes or paying resale
If they are legit and in decent condition I guess technically it would be a good deal considering what resale is right now
But the way I look at it
The shoes were $160 new and most folks grabbed them for way under retail
I would never pay $150 for a used pair without a box but that’s just me
If you really want the shoes I would just pay the extra for a new pair
Nothing beats lacing up a fresh pair outta the box

Via HighSnobiety
A6AC16B9-82D5-45F5-AF01-EF3D52B61810.jpeg

LMAO it's Michael Jordan's son, what response were we expecting from Nike? :rofl:.
Marcus could legit just sell them for $1,000 retail out of his store without backdooring anything and Nike probably won't do **** about it.
I'm surprised Nike even gave a response at all to be honest.

I mean there's so many different ways to take that Nike response, but one could be that they're saying that they truly believed it to be a fair release. So in essence, all the pairs these resellers are flexing are fake. Personally, I don't buy it since there's been so few confirmation emails anywhere on the net. Way more were seen from the Philippines and Dior release. As much as I'd say let's not take this **** and boycott Nike/JB, we all know that won't happen.

I mean there's so many different ways to take that Nike response, but one could be that they're saying that they truly believed it to be a fair release. So in essence, all the pairs these resellers are flexing are fake. Personally, I don't buy it since there's been so few confirmation emails anywhere on the net. Way more were seen from the Philippines and Dior release. As much as I'd say let's not take this **** and boycott Nike/JB, we all know that won't happen.

Imagine that - the Dior 1 release went better than the Trophy Room 1 release. :smh:

Imagine that - the Dior 1 release went better than the Trophy Room 1 release. :smh:
Crazy right? Plus I mean that's probably not to say that they didn't set aside a couple of their high end clients. I have a friend who hit and she always shops dior with her same person all the time. It might've helped that she's a size 6.5/7 so less competition, but I thought she mentioned her dior sales rep asked her about the shoe. Made it sound like she would be able to secure it and pick up at the Hawaii store vs having to fly out to Cali

Personally I don’t mess with buying used shoes or paying resale
If they are legit and in decent condition I guess technically it would be a good deal considering what resale is right now
But the way I look at it
The shoes were $160 new and most folks grabbed them for way under retail
I would never pay $150 for a used pair without a box but that’s just me
If you really want the shoes I would just pay the extra for a new pair
Nothing beats lacing up a fresh pair outta the box

agree. I have bought used shoes before and mostly it’s been fine but once or twice I regretted it. From my experiences I won’t buy used if I can avoid it, but if I feel confident they’re a strong 9.5/10 then I’m ok if the price is right. Anything less, I prob wouldn’t be tempted even if it was a crazy steal, I’m good.

Nah, people will get over this pretty quick. This is the norm. We're programmed to expect it now.
True, most will. Some people are really walking away from the game. Myself and a few people in my circle are over it. Whenever something worthwhile comes out, you have to fight tooth and nail to get it or you can pay a premium. I'm not trying to do either anymore. Wasn't super pressed on those TR joints but a botched release is a botched release.

True, most will. Some people are really walking away from the game. Myself and a few people in my circle are over it. Whenever something worthwhile comes out, you have to fight tooth and nail to get it or you can pay a premium. I'm not trying to do either anymore. Wasn't super pressed on those TR joints but a botched release is a botched release.
yep, I dont even sweat shoes now. I barely have the opportunity to wear sneakers so I just stick to 2-4 pairs a year, and I just pay the resell or pre-order it. For everyone of us that disappears, 5 new beasts take our place.

yep, I dont even sweat shoes now. I barely have the opportunity to wear sneakers so I just stick to 2-4 pairs a year, and I just pay the resell or pre-order it. For everyone of us that disappears, 5 new beasts take our place.
True, I know me walking away from it won't do anything but I just can't take the BS anymore. Resell to me feels like I'm in line to get a slice of pizza and buddy in front of me gets the last two slices because he knows I'm starving. Then he proceeds to offer me one of the slices at a premium. I can't do it bruh.

How long does it usually take for you to be able to cover that....6-9 months?

Historically, it depends on how big of a GR.. 2016 Space Jam 11s are going for $450-$500 after 4 years and there were over 1 million pairs of those produced 4 years ago. Meanwhile, the What The 4s that came out a little over a year ago could be found on discount a little over a year ago and are going for $300-$400 on the resale market now. OG Jordan 1s (which aren’t really sold in GR #s) are even more significant since Mochas which released last Fall could be bought from StockX for $250-$300 soon after release but now are going for over $400. I bought multiple pairs of Spider-Man 1s after release for around $300 with the intent of moving them a few years down the line to pay for my initial pair I had to pay resale for.. Given what they’re going for now, I think it was a smart idea.

If you have to pay resale for a pair of shoes and want to make up for paying resale costs, I would generally advise to pick up two pairs and move one in a year or two. With hyped OG 1s, you can typically make the initial price you paid for the personal pair you keep at least come down to retail with moving the 2nd pair. I’ve done this over and over when taking Ls on 1s. Obviously this doesn’t work as well with less hyped models and 11s tend to go up slower in value simply because there are so many holiday 11s typically produced.

TR been bad. Even when they had a brick and mortar it was impossible to cop. Had to go all the way to their stupid store to enter a pointless raffle. The only time I got a shoe from there was from a friend of a friend that had a backdoor plug. I stopped supporting that dork shortly thereafter. The game has been rough the last few years for sure.

Back
Top Bottom