Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Alphas used to be one of my favorite pair, and it's the only reason I would even consider getting those new hyper royals, because they remind me of them.

1.jpg

Wore these my 1st day of High School with a Jordan UNC jersey :lol:

Craziest comeup I’ve had was the ‘09 Shadows for $13. Yes, $13

I worked at FootAction at the time and won a $50 ‘Heroes’ certificate from a great secret shopper review.

The Shadows were on sale (imagine that), stacked with my discount, $13.

Also, random but we had 8-9 1/22 CDP packages, sitting at $100 for the pack. Some guy from another FTL came in and cleaned house, $70/each per pack

Real talk those patent leather mids will be thru the roof in a year. The blue super nice, wish it was a high.

If the whole shoe was PL they'd be in my closet.
The thing that sucks about mids that I don't see anyone else complain about is the rolled edges on the leather panels. Terrible detail that should not exist on 1s. 2011 banned breds are like that, too, right? Wack

Bred 1 Mids
1613350748292.png
It's a cleaner look. I don't hate it.

Alphas used to be one of my favorite pair, and it's the only reason I would even consider getting those new hyper royals, because they remind me of them.

1.jpg
Summer 06 or 07 I saw these in NY a lot. Lowkey up until 2013 Remaster 1's were better much mids. I had the Old Loves & Dave White & those would be mids had they came out today.

Only mids I ever got caught with were the Carolina patent leathers in 03 and I was in elementary at the time ahaha. I’d say only mids that matter are the 01 Metallic and navy’s, 03 patent leather pack, and the bmp pack. Anything else is rendered a slap in the face to sustainability :lol:

Mids aren’t at the top of my list in 2021 and haven’t been for a long time but I def don’t share the hate that some of y’all do. The bulk of 1s that released in the 2000’s were mids. Back in middle school and high school, everyone’s filler shoe between retros (back when we had 5-6 releases a year) were air forces and I never wanted to be like everyone else so I got into jordan 1 mids instead. Back then though there was practically something special about every release it was never just basic leather.

I don't hate mids but I don't own any either.

If they released something I liked though I wouldn't not buy it just because it's a mid. This past year they've had some good releases colorway wise. The ones that are clones of the coveted high colorways immediately come to mind. Someone with basic painting skills can easily fix that one panel and make something that is close enough and good enough to fill that void without breaking the bank.

I don't hate mids but I don't own any either.

If they released something I liked though I wouldn't not buy it just because it's a mid. This past year they've had some good releases colorway wise. The ones that are clones of the coveted high colorways immediately come to mind. Someone with basic painting skills can easily fix that one panel and make something that is close enough and good enough to fill that void without breaking the bank.
The thing that hurts the mids more than anything is the construction and materials. They are a dumbed down high.

Back
Top Bottom