Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Dude it's safe. They're shoes. Regular sub $200 retail price sneakers. They aren't some bespoke Italian dress shoes that will outlast your natural life. Spray and go.

I always grab leather kicks when it's raining.
I'm super meticulous about treating my shoes (everything suede/nubuck gets sprayed with Liquiproof 2-3x) but even I never treated my shadows. It's black leather–like battlegrounds55 battlegrounds55 said, they're tanks. Also my go-to when it's raining and after three years they look pretty damn good.

Where do yall work that they give a damn about your shoes? I understand top/bottom uniform or if like steel toes are required but other than that?

Mine is a safety thing. Not required for my job/title but better safe than sorry. I have rocked my Shadows, Royals & a few others on occasion but that depends on my schedule for the day.

It’s no so much that someone’s gonna “give a damn” what I got on my feet, it’s more-so along the lines of me not wanting to be the corny guy rocking foams wit a suit.

Some 1’s and Dunks I can get away with without feeling like a clown.

I'm super meticulous about treating my shoes (everything suede/nubuck gets sprayed with Liquiproof 2-3x) but even I never treated my shadows. It's black leather–like battlegrounds55 battlegrounds55 said, they're tanks. Also my go-to when it's raining and after three years they look pretty damn good.

Do you have a specific brand that you prefer to use?

I have a bottle of the Champs spray.

...I've been told that's a good one.

Just curious; what industry requires you to wear a suit? I'm fortunate that I don't have to. In fact, if I wear slacks and a golf shirt people look at me funny like I'm overdressed. The reality is that I wouldn't work at a company that required a suit personally, and fortunate I have that choice. In the past I think I've worn black Jordan Futures with a suit, and might get away with wearing space jams or playoff 11s, but agree that could be hard to pull off unless it's a coordinated thing for the groomsman at a wedding or something of the like.

My problem now in terms of days to wear my collection is that I mostly work from home and only go to the office once every few weeks. Hopefully that'll change over time. Need to get some wear in on the collection; hate thinking of them rotting away in the closet!

I refuse to wear dress shoes.

Yeah...they suck. I have a pair of cole haans with lunarlon, which are bearable at least. They come out every few years for a wedding or funeral when a suit is mandatory. Though in CA you can often get away with black jeans or slacks and Jordans for a funeral...heh.

Do you have a specific brand that you prefer to use?

I have a bottle of the Champs spray.

...I've been told that's a good one.

Champs brand all day. This is after one spray down, 5 years ago and it still protects like this after I ran it under the faucet...

Screenshot_20211014-202018_Photos.jpg

Just curious; what industry requires you to wear a suit? I'm fortunate that I don't have to. In fact, if I wear slacks and a golf shirt people look at me funny like I'm overdressed. The reality is that I wouldn't work at a company that required a suit personally, and fortunate I have that choice. In the past I think I've worn black Jordan Futures with a suit, and might get away with wearing space jams or playoff 11s, but agree that could be hard to pull off unless it's a coordinated thing for the groomsman at a wedding or something of the like.

My problem now in terms of days to wear my collection is that I mostly work from home and only go to the office once every few weeks. Hopefully that'll change over time. Need to get some wear in on the collection; hate thinking of them rotting away in the closet!

I work in jewelry sales and wear a suit and dress shoes at least 5 days a week.

I work in jewelry sales and wear a suit and dress shoes at least 5 days a week.
From my view....as a potential customer....I get a better view of you as a person and your style based on you rocking sneakers than I do some boring *** black/brown loafers. But that's just me. I can look at your sneakers and get a vibe for your tastes and monetary value than the loafers.

I work in Healthcare. I wear scrubs and sneakers every day. It's fantastic.

Whew I work in engineering I’m mostly In boots or flip flops when I arrive to put on said boots. My shoes get worn on weekends.

I will say my pairs look so near DS it’s sad. I want to wear more.

Back
Top Bottom