• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMG_0644.gif

Some of them bought the limited edition version in 2016 for retail or resale, and now 7 years later we are bringing the satin 1s back as a gr. :lol:

-Nike/JB

Some people that can fit into the womens version of the satin 1s feel like, why pay the resale for the 2016, when i can hopefully get the 2023 one.

My point is, people feel special if they got the numbered satins with the special insoles in 2016, and other people will not care as long as they get a satin black/red 1 in 2023.

Nike/JB retroing these makes the status of certain sneakers being limited sound less special.

Resale for those 2016s was always ridiculous.

I get that there are some who paid big bucks for the exclusivity but they had that for roughly 7 years (depending on when they purchased).

I'm glad that the masses get a shot at this shoe. I've always wanted this one.

Only made the price go up on the OG numbered joints
There's probably a much smaller buying pool now.

I can only speak from personal experience but as a person that's always wanted the shoe, if I were to have hit a windfall I mightve dropped the bag on the numbered pair.

Now it's not even a consideration. Give me the poor (wo)man's version all day. This sentiment will probably be magnified by collectors who had intentions of wearing.

Price will be what it sells for.
A small special group of collectors or consumers with more money might pay for the 2016 one.
But if they think they can rock the 2023 version in their size, they can save a lot.

Now I wonder if Nike will release satin 1 black reds as a Mens gr one day. They could but they don’t have to.

Tried for Satin's on the shock drop and got denied.. no way they don't hand me the fade on wednesday. Was never willing to pay the ticket on the 2016 joints.

I have an extra W12/M10.5 in the satin breds if anyone wants them before I return them to Nike. Just asking what I paid plus shipping to you. DM if interested.
Tempting cause I have some satin dunks that I really like. The wings logo just never looks good to me on these satin 1’s. To my eyes it looks cheap in comparison to a nice sharp wings logo on leather. But I do love Breds and the shape on these ain’t bad 🤔

Back
Top Bottom