Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
By the time I got serious about grail shopping I had a lot of shoes I could throw at them. Either by selling or trading (which I’ve done a lot of). I got lucky and got tired of most of my Yeezys before the brand collapsed as well. I also went after trade bait where ever I could. I had doubles of military black 4s, reimagined 3s, lost and founds, and plenty of other shoes that all went towards trades. Youre still spending money just in smaller bites.
I’ve never thought of going after shoes for trade bate.

…most of the time I strike out on shoes that might have any trade value

I’ve never thought of going after shoes for trade bate.

…most of the time I strike out on shoes that might have any trade value

This is where taking advantage of discounts help. Granted the shoe market isn’t want it used to be but the goal isn’t only for a straight trade. Anything you can do to bring that price down to a manageable out of pocket price.

Do any of you have a grail on your list that’s clearly out of your price range, but might be gettable if you buckle down and save for a year or so?

Most of the grails in my list are so expensive that it seems unrealistic that i’ll ever be able to get them.

Or shoes just out of my price range that aren’t really good enough to be grails.
I'd probably have to save for like 3 years, but pigeon dunks, Heineken dunks, and black KAWS 4's

Kaws 4 is one I do regret passing on and not paying the troll toll up front. I don’t think I’ve ever paid over 4 bills on a shoe though. Also hit on stuff like Banned 1’s (2x) for $110, Red Octobers, SBB’s (2x), OW Muslin 5’s, Supreme 5’s, ‘15 Chicagos (3x).

I don’t think there’s any shoe I’d pay thousands for at any point though. Other than Jordan 1’s, dunks, etc there aren’t many shoes that have decades long lifespans and I never got into sneakers due to the aftermarket value. I think it’s more fun hitting on some big ones and keeping it moving if you don’t.

Kaws 4 is one I do regret passing on and not paying the troll toll up front. I don’t think I’ve ever paid over 4 bills on a shoe though. Also hit on stuff like Banned 1’s (2x) for $110, Red Octobers, SBB’s (2x), OW Muslin 5’s, Supreme 5’s, ‘15 Chicagos (3x).

I don’t think there’s any shoe I’d pay thousands for at any point though. Other than Jordan 1’s, dunks, etc there aren’t many shoes that have decades long lifespans and I never got into sneakers due to the aftermarket value. I think it’s more fun hitting on some big ones and keeping it moving if you don’t.
You have the Red Octobers?

…those are 35 grand in my size.

Red October’s can be had in all types of condition from $4000-$12k. One of the people I’ve used to source and buy shoes from (goes by wolfkicks on IG) probably has a pair or 2 for sale every other week. He’s actually for a pair of 11.5s for sale right now
for $5k

I’ll say this though, once you crack a threshold on what your willing to pay for a shoe, even if the intention is just to buy one shoe, it gets harder and harder to put a cap back on what you’re willing to spend on the next grail. Cause it never stops at one.

Aren’t the Pigeons like 30 Gs?
Yeah, but honestly I'd only buy one pair for 5 years to save for them. Just the colorway, story, design, and release history interest me. The price is normally $40,000 so I will probably never spend that unless I become filthy rich.

Yeah, but honestly I'd only buy one pair for 5 years to save for them. Just the colorway, story, design, and release history interest me. The price is normally $40,000 so I will probably never spend that unless I become filthy rich.
1 pair for 5 years?

...come on bro.

Red October’s eventually crumble right? At least with 1’s, they don’t crumble. I would love ow 1 Chi’s but those things yellow bad.

Do any of you have a grail on your list that’s clearly out of your price range, but might be gettable if you buckle down and save for a year or so?

Most of the grails in my list are so expensive that it seems unrealistic that i’ll ever be able to get them.

Or shoes just out of my price range that aren’t really good enough to be grails.
the solar yeezy 2s for me, lil over 10 years ago I had a brand new size 11 in my hand @ a sneaker show w a crispy box receipt etc & managed to talk down the dude to 1.8k, I was $200 short and he was def willing to take a trade on top to offset but I didn't think to bring any trade bait w me @ the time. this is when I had well over 200 pairs & I was kicking myself. ended up copping a couple other things that day & never circled back for them as they kept climbing. still haunts me

Both pairs landed and did the lace swapped.
IMG_0079.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0080.jpeg

the solar yeezy 2s for me, lil over 10 years ago I had a brand new size 11 in my hand @ a sneaker show w a crispy box receipt etc & managed to talk down the dude to 1.8k, I was $200 short and he was def willing to take a trade on top to offset but I didn't think to bring any trade bait w me @ the time. this is when I had well over 200 pairs & I was kicking myself. ended up copping a couple other things that day & never circled back for them as they kept climbing. still haunts me
They're not really my style, but the Solars are my favorite pair of the early models.

...only 6-7 grand if you want to start saving!

I'm going to France soon and want to get some shoes that I can wear all day and can match any outfit. I'm thinking Black Cement or Off-Noir 3s, maybe black canvas 4's, Metallic or Oreo 5's, or Jubillie 11's. Any other thoughts/opinions?

Yeah I'm only doing grails like Dunks and I's that can't fall apart. I saved to get Frags but once I got close to the asking, I couldn't hand it over in right mind for those. I saw someone say save for 3 years.. after all that time, I would feel like the shoe might not even be worth it to fork it over :lol: subjective of course lol.

Back
Top Bottom