Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
They’re black toes. In blue. Color me unimpressed.

The resale price makes people overhype them. People act like they’re amazing when they’re good but ordinary. Same with SBBs.

The colorblocking is what bothers me more than the color or even material (except for patent/satin. They can ***** with those). I love my Mauves and Palaminos and really liked the cement prints because they followed classic colorblocking (UNC/Kentucky for Mauves, Bred for Palamino, and Chicago for cement prints).

What I don't like is when they mix up the colorblocking, like with all the ...insert-color-here...-toe (SBB, Taxi, Bred-Toe, Green, Blue, Purple, etc.). That color in the toe panel is just too much and never looks right to me.

If it's a Black toe with a color swapped out for the Red, I'm all in. Classic color-blocking and decent leather or maybe some suede/nubuck and I'm at least interested in a OG/85 1 High or Low.
I feel this way about colored laces :rofl: I understand but those you named are fire lol

Taxis and marinas are some of the more versatile non og cw 1s.

Both get hate as if they are trash, only reasoning is they didn’t resell for 5 bills.

But they are both real nice colors
Quality on the Marinas was terrible though so I get why people don’t like them. I did a side-by-side with 2017 Royals awhile back and there was no competition in terms of quality.

If they do they'd still charge retail for them. Outlets have ****ing SUCKED for like the last 5 yrs. Easier to just get stuff for less than retail on SX :smh:
This makes me wonder if Nike/JB stopped allocating a lot of retros to outlets in order to push even worse trash at them. Much easier to offload retros at flagship stores but Frankenstein fusions/Air Jordan Nothings, team Js, etc. etc. all gotta go to the outlet to rot and massive discounts to move lol

This makes me wonder if Nike/JB stopped allocating a lot of retros to outlets in order to push even worse trash at them. Much easier to offload retros at flagship stores but Frankenstein fusions/Air Jordan Nothings, team Js, etc. etc. all gotta go to the outlet to rot and massive discounts to move lol
Yep, exactly. Store employee at the Daytona Beach outlet I talked to a few weeks ago said the problem has been Nike has oversaturated the market in terms of the stores they own. He said he's worked at the outlets for years across North/Central FL and Nike now has 6 locations of assorted stores in Orlando alone, so none of the other regional outlets get *anything* decent, let alone for below MSRP. We were reminiscing about the golden days where you never knew what you'd find each week and what kind of deals you'd find. Fact is, if you have international tourists, middle-aged men and soccer moms as your main customers, who all think they're getting a great deal finding basic-*** runners and Team Js for 20% off retail, why would you bother shipping retro Js, AM1s, Dunks, etc to those stores when you can just hold them in a Memphis warehouse and sell them all on NDC during a 15% off sale?

And if they do get anything marginally desirable at ANY discount, resellers are there at opening clearing the shelves. So, unless you happen upon a return in your size that hasn't gone out on the back wall yet, it is dryer than a Popeye's biscuit in the Mojave desert. I've literally considered a couple of things recently and then bailed because they were on Nike.com for less than I could have bought them for in the "outlet", and the outlets are Final Sale now.

And if they do get anything marginally desirable at ANY discount, resellers are there at opening clearing the shelves. So, unless you happen upon a return in your size that hasn't gone out on the back wall yet, it is dryer than a Popeye's biscuit in the Mojave desert. I've literally considered a couple of things recently and then bailed because they were on Nike.com for less than I could have bought them for in the "outlet", and the outlets are Final Sale now.
Outlets are final sale ? Wow, I didn’t know that. That’s ridiculous

Also, thought it was crazy the outlets can’t price match Nike app. I learned that trying to scoop a few packs of crew socks for the fam for Christmas where the app had em on sale and outlet was full price. You’d think it would be the other way lol. And they couldn’t price match

If I recall part of what made the frags special was the shape (I believe Frags were the first remastered 1).

The novelty of that shape has kinda run it's course so I can see how some people no longer look at Frags the same. They are still dope but let's be honest they are just a pair of royal blue black toes.

The royals have also been knocked down a couple pegs over the last decade. From 2010-15 or so you would've thought royals were damn near as beloved as the Breds or Chi's.

Doing a Royal Black toe was a bigger deal than people make it seem now.

SBBs introduced a new colorblocking that has worked extremely well for the AJ1. The 'Toe' pairs aren't my favorite colorblocking but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a bunch of em.

I like these better than Muaves, Brotherhood, than the other burgundy pair with the silver swoosh... I tend to find more clothing in stores in this shade of burgundy vs the burgundy they use on the A Ma Maniere line... They definitely look really good...

Screenshot_20240314_102606_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_102651_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240314_102644_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240314_102658_Gallery.jpg

Thank you Nike for the fast shipping!! Love these. Need another pair bc I’m wearing these out before May.

Dont mind the tiffanies. I added those so you guys can see the color reference.
Thanks for the comparison pic. I had a friend call these the Tiffany 1s and I was like :smh: . Tiffanys are more blue and these are more green, which should be obvious given the name.

Back
Top Bottom