Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Neither of us is driving and he found us the ride so I gotta sit tight like
776FDD41-BBF5-411C-B712-34CC276055A7.gif

Yooooo Girbaud back in style or what?

fam, those girbaud shuttle jeans had a crippler crossface chokehold on my wallet in high school. had a pair in almost every strap colorway possible

the baggier the better too.. i'm 5'6" and im sure those joints had a 38" inseam. thank gawd camera phones didn't exist in the early 2000s

I can’t believe these sold out like this. People definitely not keeping the same energy as before. All I remember is people calling em trash.
I feel most liked the lows over the highs in this colorway. Also, Jordan 1 og lows seem more of the trend now over the highs since we don't get many pairs each year.

Last edited:

Yooooo Girbaud back in style or what?

fam, those girbaud shuttle jeans had a crippler crossface chokehold on my wallet in high school. had a pair in almost every strap colorway possible

the baggier the better too.. i'm 5'6" and im sure those joints had a 38" inseam. thank gawd camera phones didn't exist in the early 2000s

These mentions of Girbaud has triggered my memories of that brand. I can actually remember the full name of that brand, Marithe Francois Girbaud.

I'll always remember its popularity was cyclical. I'm going to say that brand's popularity peaked the most in the early '90s. Then it fizzled out for the rest of the '90s because peeps stopped wearing it. I remember seeing Allen Iverson wearing a t-shirt of that brand in 2000 during its early 2000s resurgence. Then the same thing happened with it becoming irrelevant again after the early 2000s.

I remember I got all three of my Girbaud denim shorts and two navy blue graphic t-shirts to match with the navy blue shorts from Burlington Coat Factory in Del Amo Mall in 2006. I got the shorts in navy blue, black and a discolored/aged light blue. I can't recall if I got all those articles simultaneously or at separate times. None of those pieces are wearable now. Those two t-shirts were never ideally wearable because I stupidly got them in like 3XL. I can't wear the shorts anymore because I gained weight. Otherwise, I would still be wearing those shorts with my authentic NBA jerseys, throwback or contemporary, if I could still fit them.

You ain't alone moe200069 moe200069 because peeps who were teens and older during the 2000s followed suit with wearing our clothes too damn stupidly big. I'm definitely guilty of that. I was really dumb with jerseys because I wore them in 3XL to the point they went to my knees. What's worse is that I wore throwback baseball jerseys in a 4XL! I was 6 feet and around the 160-something range and had no business wearing that sizing.

The clowns over at Atmos cancelled my order today, 4 days after I placed it. They really do suck over there.

Luckily WishATL still had my size in stock and was able to use a 10% off code so got em for even cheaper. The universe has a way of fixing itself :lol:
Clowns is a nice way of putting it. You’re such a gentleman. All the bad things Atmos has done is catching up with them. Just like Footaction, Champs, Footlocker, and Finishline. Only a matter of time. Sorry that happened but glad you got a pair.

“Atmos very unprofessional, no one is impressed” -Jeremy Zimmer (DJ Khaled Agent)

“Two Most corrupt retailers are Atmos and Footlocker.” -SoleFly employee

“How Atmos and Champs survives blows my mind “ -Oneness Boutique Asst Manager

Back
Top Bottom