Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Seeing these always makes me remember how back in 1990/91, my local Dunham's (metro Detroit) sporting goods store STILL had the OGs for sale on the shoe wall. No idea how many pairs it had in the back, or if it was just the display pair. Never even asked, because obviously back then, we would always laugh whenever we went into that store and saw them--like, who the hell in their right mind would want these shoes here in 1990? I remember the year because I first saw them sitting there when I went to buy the first pair of fire red Vs. This was obviously still a decade before the idea of wearing old models really caught on, and these Air Jordan 1 lows looked like the most ancient, boring relics surrounded by all the modern shoes.

Years later, boy oh boy did I regret not buying those OGs, especially when I saw the price they commanded at a certain point :rofl:

I got a similar story. I somehow talked my mom into letting me get the AJ3's (pretty sure neither of us had any idea how much they were). We went to our local (RIP Fleet Feet) and I was in some weird in-between size that they didn't have like a 6.5 or something. They suggested we go next door to Shoe Carnival because "they have some Air Jordans over there." We walked in to find a literal 6 foot tall pyramid of the black/royal AJ1 highs for like $30. I turned right back around and walked out the door.

I got a similar story. I somehow talked my mom into letting me get the AJ3's (pretty sure neither of us had any idea how much they were). We went to our local (RIP Fleet Feet) and I was in some weird in-between size that they didn't have like a 6.5 or something. They suggested we go next door to Shoe Carnival because "they have some Air Jordans over there." We walked in to find a literal 6 foot tall pyramid of the black/royal AJ1 highs for like $30. I turned right back around and walked out the door.
Ha yeah. The year before my story about the white/blue lows, my friend and his older brother came home one day after their mom took them shopping with black/red 1s from some local mom and pop clearance. (The IVs were out by then.) They proceeded to skate the hell out of them immediately. I was probably rocking some Airwalks or Chucks at that point. I didn’t even think anything of those Jordans other than they seemed like some old shoes no one wanted in spring 1989 🤣

SKU DC0774-001
COLOR ANTHRACITE/JADE SMOKE-SAIL-LEGEND SAND
RETAIL $130
1705808379350.jpeg

1705808342324.jpeg

1705808415301.jpeg

1705808481595.jpeg

1705808524982.jpeg

1705808566238.jpeg

1705808598636.jpeg

1705808631232.jpeg

House of Heat

Colorway looks similar to the new york huf dunks.. not bad

Ha yeah. The year before my story about the white/blue lows, my friend and his older brother came home one day after their mom took them shopping with black/red 1s from some local mom and pop clearance. (The IVs were out by then.) They proceeded to skate the hell out of them immediately. I was probably rocking some Airwalks or Chucks at that point. I didn’t even think anything of those Jordans other than they seemed like some old shoes no one wanted in spring 1989 🤣
I remember back during that era, no wanted "old" Jordans. Everyone wanted the newest version. I remember dudes clowning dudes, because they got their Jays when they went on sale

I rarely buy another school's merch (especially another HBCU, since I'm an HBCU grad myself) but I'd be in on almost all those University PEs if they drop.

If I recall the Marquette pair was a favorite of mine so hopefully those drop. At least then I'm repping a local school.

I didn't eem go to college and I'm going to try and cop all of them.

I didn't eem go to college and I'm going to try and cop all of them.
🔥🔥🔥 U can rep whatever.

My Aggies be looking at me crazy when I rep other HBCUs.

There's also nothing worse than being somewhere remote or with a low alumni population and thinking you are running into another alum only to find out they just liked the merch and have no connection to the school (this has happened to me on more than one occasion). Ive run into people who don't even know what school they are repping.

Are you reppin if you just like the colors/design?

I used to rock baseball jerseys and couldn’t tell u about anything other than a home run lol
I love baseball jerseys be and I think it's different for me just because I have a school I'm proud of that I can rep. I ain't play no baseball so it is what it is with those.

I think diehard sports fans are fairly loyal to their teams though. As a packer fan you probably won't ever catch me in another teams jersey. I was born in Michigan and although I'm really happy for lions I don't see me copping any lions gear.

Back
Top Bottom