Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Wore them to Busch Gardens on Saturday as well and they fit like a glove and will only feel better once really broken in, very nice shoe and will def get the greys on the 28th for sure!

So it was FCFS at my HOH and i was 1st in line and get to the store and they ask what size and i say 11 and then they tell me they had no 11s, iwas like WTF I AM FIRST IN LINE AND YOU DONT HAVE MY SIZE?! serious bull ish going on, got a 10.5 and am happy but still am mad about the shade that happens for releases now days
Translation: Oh that's the employees size who already grabbed that one.
Wow.. and that's a HoH mind you. Don't they have more pairs allocated to them? And they pull that??
mean.gif
I'm not so sure. It depends on the size of the HoH. My local Hoh only got 1 FSR according to what they said, but it wasn't anyone checking for them either.

Long short story....

Had these on my radar since being announced (needed lil bro to go with big bro- Blk/Red low-Blk/Red Hi)

Was moving into my townhouse with the fiance so couldn't get up at my normal 6am time to cop in store

Dashed to perimeter mall around 1:30 Saturday and was able to grabbed a 9.5 (all my Jordan's are 9 or 8.5)

Looked at it said so oh well this will have to do

Woke up yesterday morning call the local HOHs for a smaller size

Was able to find a 8 and 9 at HOH greenbriar

Tried on the 8 and surprisingly was a great fit

If you are in the Atlanta area there is a 9 and 9.5 available as of 5pm yesterday at HOH greenbriar

Hope all that wanted was able to get a pair

Side Note: See you guys in May for the Chicago 1s

You guys got me wanting to go on the hunt for either Bred 1 highs (Nike Air) or hope for Royal Blue lows to complete some type of pack

Similar thing happened to me on release day Saturday. I got to HOH in Thousand oaks around 9:00am and was 3rd in line. There were 2 other guys in front of me. I asked them what size they were and they told me they were a 12 and 11 so my 9.5 was good no problem. They finally open at 10:00am and when the HOH employee starts asking people what shoe they were picking up and what size he tells everyone they only have sizes 8, 8.5 and 10.5,11 in the low 1s. We all looked at each other like whaaaaaat??? I was pissed I didn't even bother complaining because they weren't going to bring those other pairs out that im sure they were holding for employees or other people. There excuse was that they did not get there full shipment in and weren't sure if they would be getting it at all. *****!!!!!!!!!!! I just laughed and was pissed but I drove down to the next nearest HOH which was 15-20 mins away. I walked into HOH and sure enough there was a guy trying on a size 9 and 9.5, he took the 9 and I got my 9.5 thank god!!! tough start to my Saturday morning but it was worth it....

That shady ish still exists at HOH and footlockers man. I thought this was getting cleaned up. All the HOH and FTLs in my area recently fired almost all there employees and went with a new clean slate with new managers but I guess they just as shady as the old employees lol smh....

Last edited:
rcjbbp1313 rcjbbp1313 adt24 adt24 same thing also happened when I picked up my pair saturday morning. I was 4th in line @ HOH and the guy in front of me was the first person to ask for a size 8. They said they didn't have an 8 and to go check champs. After reading your stories it seems likely that the employee was holding that size for someone.

Last edited:
Yeah it sucks and in my area nobody was in line for the 1s, they were all there for the 10s that released, i hope they are this easy for the grey 1s though cuz those look super clean.

rcjbbp1313 rcjbbp1313 adt24 adt24 similar thing happened when I picked up my pair saturday morning. I was 4th in line @ HOH and the guy in front of me was the first person to ask for a size 8. They said they didn't have an 8 and to go check champs. After reading your stories it seems likely that the employee was holding that size for someone.
seems very possible, also the dude behind me was saying he didnt get a ticket for his 10s but all he had to do was show up and someone was going to hook him up. SMH seriously this is so stupid that this stuff goes on and management lets it

That ain't nothing new, that's the reason people have "connects". It sucks but that's just the way it is.

Any sites still have these in a 9.5?

seems very possible, also the dude behind me was saying he didnt get a ticket for his 10s but all he had to do was show up and someone was going to hook him up. SMH seriously this is so stupid that this stuff goes on and management lets it

How do you get them for below retail?

Employee discount.

Military Discount.

VIP Coupons.

Birthday Coupons.

Finishline WC Rewards.

Etc, etc.

It all comes down to store policy. The only one that can't squirm their way around it is FNL. The others can throw the QS/release day b.s.

Last edited:
Quote:
So it was FCFS at my HOH and i was 1st in line and get to the store and they ask what size and i say 11 and then they tell me they had no 11s, iwas like WTF I AM FIRST IN LINE AND YOU DONT HAVE MY SIZE?! serious bull ish going on, got a 10.5 and am happy but still am mad about the shade that happens for releases now days
sorry to hear that man. hate those back door connections 
mean.gif

How do you get them for below retail?

Employee discount.

Military Discount.

VIP Coupons.

Birthday Coupons.

Finishline WC Rewards.

Etc, etc.

It all comes down to store policy. The only one that can't squirm their way around it is FNL. The others can throw the QS/release day b.s.
Appreciate it... Repped! 

I just printed up 3 birthday coupon I found for Champs, FTL and FA...

Couldn't find a FNL coupon! 

I'm going to try to hit up some stores after to work to see if I could get a pair for under retail... 

Birthday coupons and platinum VIP coupons work depends if they know you will usually define if you can use them in purchases
My local FTL does not allow use of VIP coupons on any Jordan launch products and even restocks (as in the case of the Legend Blue 11's). 

My DTLR still has these sittin on the shelves in Men's sizes. Same store had royals and shadows sittin when they released. Love how ppl round my way don't rock 1s. Pretty sure it'd be a different story if I was back home in the west coast lol.

I called around a couple of FA, FTL and Champs around my area (north Houston) and it seems like all 9.5 are sold out.... 

Most if not all the stores had sizes 10+ still sitting... 

Btw, a couple of employees said I could use birthday coupons, while most of them said it wasn't allowed... 

Back
Top Bottom