Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

so is kicks crew legit?(to continue with the off-topic sorry...) i m interested in these jams...

Yes, they are legit, but I wonder how the hell they suddenly got a restock of the SJs 3 years later... It feels like SDS all over again...

Some sellers are just flat out unreasonable.  Selling at market value is fine.   I never expect price breaks hunting for older shoes because no one in their right mind will sell them for retail, but $500 is way too much.  That's OG territory.  More pairs will pop up the closer we get to December.  I passed on pairs in the high 4's just to see them sitting on eBay a year later.  Talked a guy down to under $350 shipped which is pretty decent.  From his point of view he's still getting a pretty good return on that initial investment if he purchased them back in 2001.

I'm definitely hoping that comes to be true, and by November/December, the '01's might come down. For now, I'm looking forward to the 2012's.

I believe the biggest reason eBay is so expensive are because of the fees. Everyone knows that eBay rapes sellers when it comes to fees, so sellers jack up the price to cover that, too.
The key is to negotiate with the sellers and get them to do the deal via Paypal.  Use eBay as an advertising medium.  You're still covered by buyer protection, the seller saves on fees, and you get a better price.  Win-win all around.
Some sellers are just flat out unreasonable.  Selling at market value is fine.   I never expect price breaks hunting for older shoes because no one in their right mind will sell them for retail, but $500 is way too much.  That's OG territory.  More pairs will pop up the closer we get to December.  I passed on pairs in the high 4's just to see them sitting on eBay a year later.  Talked a guy down to under $350 shipped which is pretty decent.  From his point of view he's still getting a pretty good return on that initial investment if he purchased them back in 2001.
I'm definitely hoping that comes to be true, and by November/December, the '01's might come down. For now, I'm looking forward to the 2012's.
Understandable.  For now I can take a slight break from early to mid 2000s pairs as I've been lucky enough to nab a few pairs on the list for below market value.  I may go after a few other grails, but as of now I'm more focused on November.

Last edited:
I wonder why they didnt do the box design like the last previous 11 releases? Whats the sense of uping the price and taking away from the product at the same time. SMH

The way JB/Nike sees it, people will buy no matter what! Special Box, No Box it doesnt matter.

Honestly, the only thing that scares me with spending $500+ on a 2001 retro is that, the patent leather might crack after a couple of wears, being that they're aged.
I saw these pics of the 2012's, and I was actually blown away by how great these are looking. I can honestly say, I don't give 2 craps about a special box, as long as the shoe is legit.....

Gotta start game planning now. :smh:

The key is to negotiate with the sellers and get them to do the deal via Paypal.  Use eBay as an advertising medium.  You're still covered by buyer protection, the seller saves on fees, and you get a better price.  Win-win all around.

agreed 1000% :smile:

thats exactly what i do if im cutting some pairs loose..

cant wait for these to drop!

i just hate resellers! theyre on top of every release, gosh darn it!
eyes.gif

Whoever has these can we get someone to compare these to the 01 and the CDP version...i have the CDP i would like to see if this would be any difference

My 2001's finally came in. One DS, one VNDS. I'm still on the fence about the 2012 release as the previous 11's over the past few years haven't done it for me. Either way, I hope that everyone that LEGITIMATELY wants a pair is able to grab one..

With all the craziness from the Concords (6 1/2 hour wait Niketown Chicago), I'm not looking forward to the hassle. These are either cop online or forget it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom