Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

All this is going to do is make employees and managers shadier and greedier.  Also I bet these guys were arrested because of their sloppiness....  You best believe Loss prevention or ethics are all open ears at this time of season.  If you are taking care of your connect and he's taking care of you there is no reason to snitch.  But if someone who paid for a ticket tells someone else who couldn't get a ticket and in turn gets jealous or snitches that's the issue.  And having these guys arrested is the Pot calling the kettle black.  Footlocker just took the employee discount away because of their own Corporate greed, to keep the revenue made off these shoes when purchased from an employee discount for themselves.  They know this is the number one reason to work for footlocker.  Oh well a lot off people will be quitting after they get the Bred's...

employees got greedy. many times ive seen ebay auctions with pictures straight from inside a footlocker with a 200% markup on the shoe. footlocker knows it can sell these shoes out regardless so why make less money when they can make more. if the shoe store employees dont like it i suggest they use their paycheck on an education and not shoes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruh Roh.. Mercer may be going live here folks, Brace yourselves.
nerd.gif

im having the same issue with NikeDC. i actually missed out on the retweet of the stealth foams because my phone never got the notification.

have you tried clicking it off and then back on? I had the same issues with my sms twitter notification and that fixed it

damn

now twitter is screwing up like nike is with this twitter crap to buy some damn shoes

i consider people staying in the streets for days NOT HOURS who killed this hobby and what its become

Last edited:
for about $300 you can "reserve" a pair at your local mom and pop if they didnt sell out already

Anyone know where I can find the Jordan 11's that are set to be released 12/21/12 online? maybe even able to reserve a pair?

Too late. Better look for a different gift. If you didn't reserve a pair already, you should have been in line days ago camping out.

Anyone know where I can find the Jordan 11's that are set to be released 12/21/12 online? maybe even able to reserve a pair?

you sure they come out this friday? holy crap! guys did you know about this?!

Good for them! This is how it should be....weeding out the corny footlocker resellers....its 2 easy for them to use their discounts and buy a few pairs to resell now with the regular price they wont be making nothing as far as profit goes..... making it almost not even worth it.....
Or maybe the company should have certain rules for employees on getting multiples. Its not fair to the employees but I dont care

They cant stop them from taking pairs....what they can do is disable discounts which would put a nice huge dent on the reselling.

if you think employees are an issue, you worried about the wrong stuff.

employees were only allowed to use their discount on 20% of the inventory or 1 pair (which ever comes first) for the 1st week then another pair a week later. if you didnt realize it, a lot of employees are shoe heads or hook up family or friends with their disc on hot releases. add the 1 pair thing to the $500 savings/month limit with all of these releases these days and you have a formula for a very small fraction of reselling from those employees.

also they gonna get their pairs regardless whether its for discount or not. your theory that it will put a dent in the reselling is off-base by far.

They can use someone elses # and use their discount on the sneakers. The point is them making more profit when using their discount and im sure there are plenty ways around the $500 limit....if your not reselling then you wont care about this if you are a lame reseller you will be up in arms about it cause you are losing some of your profit.

Yeah it wont stop them but at least they are doing something about it and it shows the public they are working towards employees not breaking the rules for their own benefit.

Nike Chicago is getting 900 pairs...
Confirmed from a friend of mine who works in the SnR department...
That sounds decent to get a tweet in after a minute. But having a popular size could screw you over.

Your source know when they'll be tweeting the rsvp?

I don't know how many went toe Moe's sneaker shop across NYC but the set up in astoria/queens was a straight zoo. people fighting, breaking apart lines, attempting to tear up the list of people who were camping out since 4 pm yesterday. police showed up and shut down the whole release. i'll never camp out again. **** was nuts! 
Dam , not cool. Would love to see vids of this

No text messages at all from NTNYC or 21Mercer
I'm having this same problem where I'm not receiving my instant notifications. I only get some. Then I just turn them ''off'' and turn them ''on'' again just to see if it fixes the problem. And I think it does. I believe it's the whole twitter system which is messed up because I'm always on my laptop and have to keep different browser windows open just because whenever I get a "New tweet:" from them, it doesn't update automatically. Sometimes it updates on 1 browser/1 tab and not the others.

The whole twitter system is not consistently instant and is flawed.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Good for them! This is how it should be....weeding out the corny footlocker resellers....its 2 easy for them to use their discounts and buy a few pairs to resell now with the regular price they wont be making nothing as far as profit goes..... making it almost not even worth it.....
Maybe it's just me but seems you guys are hard on some of these poor guys and not seeing the BIG PICTURE.  That employee discount was an incentive/perk of working there.  Yes there were some abusers and resellers but in the end that was a perk of the job.  Also most if not all managers know the deal on reselling very few employees can get multiple pairs on discount to resell as all these purchases are tracked by corporate which likely sparked this action.   We all know the ways around this but numbers speak for themselves. Footlocker as a Corporation could care less about consumers buying shoes to flip.... it's employees which cost them revenue dollars.  I can more than promise you they looked at the employee purchase of retros and jordans and foams on discount from last year to this year and saw how much money they were losing to employee purchases.  Of course this is due the state of the shoe game...but it is all black and white numbers on paper.  This sparked these actions.  Raffles, tickets options are at the sole discretion of each stores management... and if it is not causing a loss for the company they could care less if you or me get our shoes......

And by the way those guys who got arrested did so because in some states it's ILLEGAL to sell raffle tickets..and It is in NJ...

Juaninzze - im not sure if you are really thinking about what you are saying... i mean if you arent a reseller, you wont care about the new policy? what the heck kind of sense does that even make? a lot of people, including me, have put time in a shoe store just to have a discount. that 30% makes ever bit of a difference on a $220 foamposite or a $185 jordan. reseller or not, its HUGE savings over time.

Back
Top Bottom