Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do agree about the urban comment when selling jordans. a friend of mine sold the black/red 11s for $350 in the mall on RD, a full $150 profit. 

does anyone know how finish line releases these in-store? raffle? line?
U have to call and find out.. i know where i'm at it's strictly raffles from here on out 

Really? Damn that's crazy.

My FNL is doing FCFS, but we can no longer wait inside the mall (due to past releases getting out of hand) so now we line up outside.

I'm still waiting to see how many pairs they're getting.

same here. raffles from here on out. some shiekh sometimes has fcfs but its raffles from here on out for the majority.
Really? Damn that's crazy.

My FNL is doing FCFS, but we can no longer wait inside the mall (due to past releases getting out of hand) so now we line up outside.

I'm still waiting to see how many pairs they're getting.
Yup this goes for all stores where i'm at .. kind of sucks cause i'm pretty sure the majority of pairs go to friends.. but it is what it is i guess   

Last edited:
I don't think GApe is an elitist in any sense of the word.  Dude is always posting solid info and seems like the type to actually go out of his way to help you.  He's probably just tired of fake newbies trying to artificially drive up prices on shoes, when the real people buying shoes KNOW the ins and outs and supply and demand.  LIke Grape said, these will be just like the "Bred" 13's and they will settle around 200-220.  Sorry resellers, go troll another thread to pump up the price.
I appreciate that BT.  Hopefully we all get them on RD from one of the major retailers and don't even have to worry about resell this time around.

Quote:
They already have their stock, or they know why they are getting in your area?
They are already in the stock rooms at all of the stores near me.  I do think these will be easier to get in person than online, since retro Jordan retailers are going to pull the BS they have been doing online for 2013.  They have X amount of pairs set aside for online sale, then only release like 40% of the total on RD to make them look sold out, popular, and gone...no matter what release it is.  Then over 3 or 4 more surprise "restocks" sell the other 60% so that people who want them think, "Anytime I see this shoe I have got to buy it ASAP (disregarding any current financial situations lol), since I got lucky and saw it in stock, or they will be gone instantly again and I may never have another chance."  Then when you land a pair you are actually thanking NDC/FTL/FNL for restocking and willing to overlook any quality, customer service, or payment issues.  It's genius...

why are ppl comparing this shoe to an XI -- it is not the same .Period

exactly what i was trying to say before i got yukud..these people are clearly clueless.. was shocked someoen who has been registered member for nearly a decade was comparing any shoe to an XI.. the average jordan will get you a measly $40 ($60 max).. some of these newcomers are dumb and desperate and will pay more that first week or so but it all averages out. Plus i'm sure we'lll see some restocks as usual.

Yup this goes for all stores where i'm at .. kind of sucks cause i'm pretty sure the majority of pairs go to friends.. but it is what it is i guess   
like this
357hmk0.png

pic was found by FDH

mean.gif

I doubt it... While there will be a significant amount of quantity demanded, the quantity supplied will be high as well. You may get away with $300 after the first few hours to days after the release. However, these will go for $225 shipped like the charcoals, bred 4, white red 4, and others.

I agree, but I try to get rid of everything in 48 hours. Im not greedy though, 50 profit is fine for no lines and easy flips, especially if you have 5 pair. But I always wish everyone the best and I hope folks get them for retail... or less. Shouts out to managers who let that military discount slie. :smile:

Some of yall just don't get it. Dope boys and young males starving to have "swag" in the hood do not live by your sneakerhead rules. Imagine me selling jd sports af1s 5 years ago for $150 more than I paid. I know dudes who dont know anything about the Internet beyond social networking apps. I barely resell, im just saying, the demographic of this website is not synonymous with those I usually sold shoes to.

Some of yall just don't get it. Dope boys and young males starving to have "swag" in the hood do not live by your sneakerhead rules. Imagine me selling jd sports af1s 5 years ago for $150 more than I paid. I know dudes who dont know anything about the Internet beyond social networking apps. I barely resell, im just saying, the demographic of this website is not synonymous with those I usually sold shoes to.

Yes and no. Actually, most of your real dope boys are indeed sneaker heads. Some of them have been on this **** since elementary school. When I was in school, you had three groups of people on shoes real hard: Well off kids, kids with jobs, and street hustlers. Now, I understand that some flashy, ignorant people in the hood want to be fresh by all means necessary. However, new money is the loudest kind.

Yes and no. Actually, most of your real dope boys are indeed sneaker heads. Some of them have been on this **** since elementary school. When I was in school, you had three groups of people on shoes real hard: Well off kids, kids with jobs, and street hustlers. Now, I understand that some flashy, ignorant people in the hood want to be fresh by all means necessary. However, new money is the loudest kind.

Same way when I went to school.

I can see these selling out quick the bred 13 didn't last long and they weren't even 3m. Some pairs already sellin close to $300 in some sizes, this is mad considering you wouldn't get that for the last retro 13. seems now the value is more the first yr on js after that it needs to be a limited release in order to hold value. What are concord xi going for these days? Prob less than they were the week after Christmas when they first dropped.

I can see these selling out quick the bred 13 didn't last long and they weren't even 3m. Some pairs already sellin close to $300 in some sizes, this is mad considering you wouldn't get that for the last retro 13. seems now the value is more the first yr on js after that it needs to be a limited release in order to hold value. What are concord xi going for these days? Prob less than they were the week after Christmas when they first dropped.
Yea true 11 will always be outrageous prices tho just cause its a 11.

I have my 1997 pair wearable in good condition, may have them painted for that new look. For all those wanting to cop I would relax the shoe bubble has burst 6-10 months after any release you can cop for retail or less, unless it's the XI series and I've been seeing cool grey's going below retail lately.

Last edited:
Can someone do a comparison between this pair and the CDP? I have the CDP DS so I will pass on these. The CDP was actually well done (surprisingly). These look good too, so I'm happy for everyone that wants to get them.

I have my 1997 pair wearable in good condition, may have them painted for that new look. For all those wanting to cop I would relax the shoe bubble has burst 6-10 months after any release you can cop for retail or less, unless it's the XI series and I've been seeing cool grey's going below retail lately.
Where are you shopping??? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom