Official Air Jordan 13 Retro Thread

Devonte' Graham
1649059089141.png

I finally wore them for the first time yesterday. I'm actually glad that these weren't popular, so I'll never have to worry about other MFs wearing them as well shortly after they were released.

I had to wear it with the 1998 NBA All-Star Game Kobe Bryant jersey. I'm also glad I got to maintain my F Adidas stance going with these XIII because I sure as hell ain't going to look for any Adidas 💩 tied to Kobe despite him being signed with them earlier in his career. 😎
IMG_6106.JPG

I also think the XIII is a better substitute for that Adidas 💩 that Kobe wore because they were based in the 1997-98 NBA season. And Michael Jordan wore them in that All-Star Game.

Here's a closeup of them on my feet.
IMG_6108.JPG

The crazy thing about this is that I wore them only a few months after they were released this past January because I normally wait a year or longer to wear new releases. I normally avoid wearing new stuff immediately because I hate potentially coinciding with other MFs who also decided to wear them too. I prefer to stand out being the only MF with a fresh pair a year or longer after they were released.

Damn, that part where he says they're unwearable....I can't imagine buying an old pair of shoes just to look at on a shelf. I get that it's a grail, but I guess the grail shoes I want, if I can't actually put them on my feet, no way I'm spending hundreds of dollars + shipping to just look at them on the shelf or in the box once a month. It's cool that him and his wife now both have that pair, so maybe the memories and nostalgia of matching her pair (which became unwearable in the video), and the story about how they (her pair) predated their marriage, is what made them his grails in the first place. In which case, I get it.

Damn, that part where he says they're unwearable....I can't imagine buying an old pair of shoes just to look at on a shelf. I get that it's a grail, but I guess the grail shoes I want, if I can't actually put them on my feet, no way I'm spending hundreds of dollars + shipping to just look at them on the shelf or in the box once a month. It's cool that him and his wife now both have that pair, so maybe the memories and nostalgia of matching her pair (which became unwearable in the video), and the story about how they (her pair) predated their marriage, is what made them his grails in the first place. In which case, I get it.
The midsole would separate, thats what happened to mine.. he could get the midsole reglued. But to drop that $ just to look at them. Like they are a Rembrandt is crazy. But to his/her own

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom