Official Air Jordan 20 Thread (Black/White - Cool Grey 6/6/2015 $220)

I think the stealth is the best of all the XX colorways I've seen, but I hate the ankle strap...so ridiculously gimmicky, as a performance shoe at the time, what did a velcro strap give the wearer of the shoe? It was literally a piece of material with a velcro underside wrapped around the upper portion of your ankle..where's the stability in that? joint looks like a halo
laugh.gif

Just thought this shoe was a bit gimmicky, but other than that, but I digress...this is one of the best XX color ways.
it was mainly a style aspect of the design. it gives nothing if not connected to the tab. it actually can pinch you and be very bothersome if you don't connect it. when connected it gives a bit of extra support. it is gimmicky but it's not completely useless either. I don't think they were going as much for performance with the strap vs a unique design
The strap was not bs, I'm guessing you didn't know how to strap them on correctly.
For what it's worth...The Gio pic up there makes it look like they made that little Velcro piece that attaches the ankle strap a bit more substantial...

On my OG pair I'd always attach it to the strap only to have it come undone after about five minutes on the hardwood...
This. That little piece of velcro at the top of the midfoot is supposed to go in between the straps. It actually adds more stability to the shoe making it feel like a hi top when you strap it correctly. Without the little flap, it feels clunky. Flip that flap of velcro up, strap it tight and you will feel no irritatation or slippage. It's all uniform. I'm guessing what they had in mind at the time was improved lateral movement support without the bulk. I finally saw how to put these on properly when they showed Ray Allen at the ASG that year and he showed Craig Sager on camera how to strap them up. I followed what he did and felt the improvement of the feel. 

@1C3M4M @rodrigofresh

was talking about the LASERS sorry i didnt clarify.

and same shoe just different colorway if you want to get technical.

been a xx fan dont get me wrong, im talking about the bandwagon fans

Last edited:
Yep...i see alot of people jumping on the hype train if these have a limited tag on em..i remember when they first dropped that they sat for months...only the stealths didnt sit hard(pause), but they were a cake walk to cop at least a couple of weeks after release..and the QS's because of the limited run they had..not alot of shops carried them...will cop the stealths as stated before 4sure..passing on oreos for em

Last edited:

Ahh, memories. I remember those Sneakerhead NL were the first pics to leak. Notice how the samples didn't have the patent leather upper or the crease lines by the toe.

If they add the limited tag, hype will pick up no question.

My question is "will it stay," because on some models it seems to fade closer to release date when other pictures of pairs leak or gain steam themselves.

Sometimes, for some people, it's not about the "next hot release," it's about the "next next hot release." 
laugh.gif

I'm in on Stealths and Lasers.

@phase2 had the suede xx stealth samples couple years back that he sold on ebay to carter the sample collector. wish i had gotten those instead.

so clean still smh at not getting them

I still wear my Midwest XXs at least once per week to the gym. So comfortable. Still wish I never sold my stealths here on NT though :frown:

I wish JB would release the XX's from the 2005 JB classic game. Hands down the best cw I've seen imo. I wish I saved pics at the time. It's basically a stealth XX with red traslucent outsole and it looks similar to the XI. Sucks they were a PE tho. 

I wish JB would release the XX's from the 2005 JB classic game. Hands down the best cw I've seen imo. I wish I saved pics at the time. It's basically a stealth XX with red traslucent outsole and it looks similar to the XI. Sucks they were a PE tho. 

Let me see pics.

Let me see pics.
These are the XXI PE's from the 06 JB Classic. Picture the 20s with this type of color blocking. Replace the grey on the stealths with a red outsole and that's what they look like...

Yeah he's been wearing Jordan's all season. Lasers looked pretty good on feet too, looking for some pics but they're all blurry

Back
Top Bottom