Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

There are some hot colorways for the 2011 I just am having a hard time coughing up 170 for these. I am sure they are worth it quality wise but when expendable income is limited i have to be picky where to spend it.

Those black/orion 2011's are seriously fire...I'm surprised how much these have grown on me.  Better stop visiting this thread or else I'm gonna drop $190 after tax on some 2011s sooner than I expected to.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by DRO3000

You caved huh?!?!?!  Congrats on the pick up, I love my rabbits and all my 2011's

yeah i gave in 
laugh.gif

I know youve said repeatedly that theyre great but maybe not worth the $170 price tag but Im guessing that youre opinion on that is changing too?!?!?!  I mean its a killer sneaker, maybe not at first glance but when you have em on your feet or even in your hands, its a different story than looking at pics...........IMO the Jordan 2011 is the most underrated sneaker released this year, by that I mean, while the Lebron and Kobe line are doing really well, JB gave us Jordanheads the best sig since the XX3 (or even earlier for me), and it may not receive the "hype" that the other lines received, but it stands up to the comp very well......I love the Jordan XI (my fave after the VI's) and I cant deny how much the 2011 resembles a new version of a classic.   Blk/white OG CW is gonna go down as a classic, especially if that Patina leather ages as well as I think it will.  Everyones pair of Blk/White look different thanks to the custom looking finish on the Patina, and the YOTR's are just a work of art.......2011 YOTR>>>>>>Jordan VII YOTR hands down!!!

nah i still think the shoe should be no more then $150.00 tops
but i wanted the YOTR 2011 and since i cant go back in time if i wanted the shoe i had to pay reseller prices 

I've seen the blackouts for $120 and the white/blacks for $110 at my local Shieks. I might just have to scoop up another pair...

i customized my orions, b/c i hate the birght blue mesh tongue. you can see the results below. due to the mesh being multi-layered, i couldn't completely black out the tongue mesh which actually gave it a nice black surface with a tiny hint of blue still coming through in the light.

^ those look great. JB shoulda went that route. Don't like the mismatch colors, but probably my favorite 2011 so far.

Originally Posted by si3n4

I've seen the blackouts for $120 and the white/blacks for $110 at my local Shieks. I might just have to scoop up another pair...

are you in the bay area?

my comets came in from eastbay and i un'dsed them immediately. no lie, i got 4 or 5 compliments on them why i was at the mall and out to eat. so far i only hvae the yotr's and the comets but im def copping more colorways as they drop. i really regret passing on the blue all star colorway for retail, guess im going to have to break down and pay $220 for a pair.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Originally Posted by OneSole

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

airjordan2011techgreybl.jpg
airjordan2011jordanbran.jpg

Both of these pics are from the JB website and you can tell the same lighting was used for both.  I could be wrong, but there looks to be a difference.

I think some of you guys might be a little confused.  There are two different 2011's that have Orion Blue in them.  That bottom shoe is the Orion from the Jordan Brand Classic pack that was released on 4/14.  The top shoe is the one that will release on 5/21.

No one is confused....if you followed the conversation we were comparing the white v/s grey midsole and the lighting used. I'm pretty sure nobody has stated that these shoes are the same, only the lighting and source are similar.

Oops...My bad.Edit: Justice4all's customs look great!!

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

nice custom job justice4all2028. what did you use on those? dye, paint or sharpie?
Nice job indeed. Yes, what did you use to color the tongue. I did something similar years ago to some uptempos and used a sharpie. It worked pretty well at the time - the color didn't fade much and I don't remember it bleeding onto my socks. The shoes smelled a little funky for a while, but I guess basketball shoes end up smelling funky anyway.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom