Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by bwc1139

Originally Posted by Wongtouski

Can someone tell me what the wavy crap on the shoe is supposed to mean? It looks like a defect.

Maybe its to disguise the creasing on the cheap JB leather ha??  But I do like this shoe and don't mind the pattern.
I like em too overall, they've grown on me a great deal for the past week. I just want to get a sense of what it means, because with every bloody Jordan shoe theres's a 'meaning' behind a design. Would agree with another guy here that said its a fingerprint though.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

what is retail on these? and how hard will they be to get?

$170
the yotr will be limited but the others will be everywhere in great quantities.

Originally Posted by AnotherBoringUsername

The red on these.. 
pimp.gif

air-jordan-2011-sn-04.jpg

can somebody PS the entire upper white part into black (and leave midsole white)? 

This is the first new Air Jordan to use premium leather...according to designer Tom Luedecke

Air Jordan 2011 with the introduction of a new material that has never before been featured on a performance basketball shoe – handcrafted Patina leather. Each shoe is finished with a hand burnishing process, ensuring that no two shoes are exactly alike.

The patterns are inspired by MJ's warrior like aggression!

Product knowledge gee wiz!

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by El Bro

DMoney82 wrote:

This shoe is bad @@@. I'm Sold. No it's not the XX3 but it's better than the 09' and 10'. That white and red joint sold me. 

Im sorry, but the XX3 was a horrible shoe IMO.  Performance wise, they sucked for me.  The Traction was subpar, the upper literally felt like cardboard which hurt my ankles anytime I put stress to the left or right.  Not to mention I got blisters on both my small toes.  This shoe already looks like its gonna perform good, but time will tell.  I love the interchangeable system.  I loved it in the XX1, which was an awesome performance shoe.  The Comfort on the XX1 was amazing, and the last really comfortable shoe in the Line.  The 2011 looks like it will bring back that comfort and fit.  Crosses fingers.

I think he's talking about the looks of the sneaker.

Do you have the 2K10?

But yeah I agree about the XXI
Yea I meant the looks. I agree about the performance of the XX3, EVERYBODY'S Pinky toe was shot!!! SMH. The XXI was one of my favs, looks and performance. I never copped the 2k10 though I heard it was pretty good. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so many CW possibilities. These are crazy good. A black/red pair is a must.
that all black is sick!
they look AWESOME on court. seems like Wade really like these shoes. HEAT CWs FTW!

can anybody tell me what are the numbers on the yotr?

how limited are they going to be?.......................................................................................................................peace23

Originally Posted by Heshua

Mannn did they have to make the all black ones with patent leather? Im so sick of jordans using patent leather. It's played out.

I'll probably get them, but I agree with this. JB sorts of overdoes the clear sole and patent. It's not special anymore. I wouldn't mind a grey sole like on the XX's and XXIII's

Originally Posted by eltouha

$170

You planning on getting a pair of these E ?I might wait until they hit the Nike factory for $180 and go for them in November when they have their 40% off sale.2009's and 2010's were about $110 during the sale.If I do grab a pair, will probably go for the white/blue CW, just so they are different to the rest of my collection.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by Heshua

Mannn did they have to make the all black ones with patent leather? Im so sick of jordans using patent leather. It's played out.
I'll probably get them, but I agree with this. JB sorts of overdoes the clear sole and patent. It's not special anymore. I wouldn't mind a grey sole like on the XX's and XXIII's
Yeah JB has been going OD lately with the Patent leather on everything, but it looks just right with these all black 2011's. It would look too plain if it was just all black with the regular leather IMO. The 2010 Black/Uni Blue were the only 2010 to have a patent toebox, but I wished they used it on more 2010's. In the same sense, I think the Black Patent leather is a welcome addition to the 2011. Man I can't wait for these to drop.
pimp.gif

I havent liked any jb release since the XXIIIs...but i think blackout 2011s will be copped
pimp.gif

when they hit outlts for under $80 of course
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Those Black 2011's are nice. Like NWT said earlier, some hints of red would have really made these pop even more. I think these might be the first signature Jordan that I will purchase since the XX3's....

Originally Posted by Vuey

Originally Posted by eltouha

$170

You planning on getting a pair of these E ?
I might wait until they hit the Nike factory for $180 and go for them in November when they have their 40% off sale.2009's and 2010's were about $110 during the sale.

If I do grab a pair, will probably go for the white/blue CW, just so they are different to the rest of my collection.

probably, mate. but sure as hell not from aus. let's see what the american discount is like when you go over there. if it aint good enough, i'll wait till around xmas. i prefer the red, but i aint too fussed. as long as the price is right.

first time in years i've seen an AJ Sig i wouldn't mind coppin the first day let alone all the tastefully done colorways ....these look wayy different than the prototypes i saw over the summer might have to jump on those Wabbits right away

Originally Posted by MR23MJ

YOTR are up on kick-crews.com for pre-order...starting at $250
I hope that is a sign that these won't be too limited. That price point still falls under the "resale" price of the Bins, so hopefully the people willing to put in a little work can get their hands on a pair.

Patent leather has been used too much lately, and not just by JB. I have to say though, I don't mind when the shoe looks good like the black 2011s. Those look good from an initial perspective, especially since the soles aren't clear. I still dream about a black cat version of XIs with patent leather and black soles. The 2011s may not be the best but they are growing on me. I'm also liking the royal pair. I just don't like the clear soles. I may actually buy a pair or two of these when they go on sale.

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Those Black 2011's are nice. Like NWT said earlier, some hints of red would have really made these pop even more. I think these might be the first signature Jordan that I will purchase since the XX3's....

yeah i havent got a new jordan since the xx3's.  liking the all black and yotr's.  hopefully ndc gets the yotr next week, if not i may go with the black/whites or wait for the all blacks

Originally Posted by MR23MJ

YOTR are up on kick-crews.com for pre-order...starting at $250
i hate how they increase the prices on the larger sizes.  with shipping it is $300 bucks for me.  easy pass at that price.

Back
Top Bottom