Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

I'm in San Diego and not many stores are getting them. Out of two nearby malls (potentially up to 7 stores should get them) only 2 are getting the white/black 2011s and that's it.No all stars (blue) in the area. Only the top two footlockers (downtown and fashion valley) are getting the white/reds.

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

Originally Posted by bctwo1

I'm starting to get upset that I ordered from deadstock instead of sneaker st. They took the money rigthaway (1/28) and their website is down and won't pick up their phone either. I'm just wondering if they got their shipment and if they will at least ship on the 19th. Knowing that a bunch of people are getting their shoes early and maybe cheaper is awful (at least not Canadian retail awful).

Relax, they're legit.  You did save $5 with deadstock and I beleive they said they would be shipped by the 28th, so you still have some time...so don't panic.
wink.gif

Edit:-Their site is back up and 2011 are available.

Thank you for the response (not really meant to question if their legit) I'm just being impatient, I just don't like waiting when something is already available. If they ship out till the 28th I'll be really disappointed (again it's me being impatient). Plus since I'm in CA the shoes were $145 (taxes) still well below retail but potentially waiting 10+ days after they release to get them almost makes it not worth paying for them 30+ days in advanced.

All that said, knowing what I know now I would go sneaker st (instead of deadstock) all the way plain and simple.

Originally Posted by MTMAN

Just got these from my mom and pop.
I like them very much.
Might grab the blk/wht pair of deadstockshoes.

e6436d7d607c1fd306edeb1f9ce0f1b1a593b1fe_r.jpg

These look nice, this is the colorway I like best.

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

hmmm,
I must say the white/blacks are the worst one so far.
The all black with patent actually looks quite hot ^^

the white/blue and silver/red ones are not bad though.
White/black colorway is my favorite so far. Looking to get either of the all-star colorways at the outlet. Big ups to Sneaker.St.....these just came in about an hour ago! Definitely well-executed....shoe, packaging, & marketing!

Awesome pics bro!  Are they really wrapped in a "blanket"?!! 
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Question for anyone that has YOTRs or has seen them in person.  Is the color a metallic gold or is it closer to a brown?  I really can't tell from pics.  I would really rather these be brownish.

Those pics of the blue ASG might have just done it for me! I was gonna pass and try to get the Bin V's, but those are going to be tough to get unless I wanna drop bread. Peeps already campin out for those at the local HOH...its going to have to be gametime desicion tho, if Im not mistaken all cw's of 2011 except for the YOTR are general releases. If thats the case then I might have to wait for discount to cop

Hey everyone,

I've been keeping up with this thread for awhile and contributed here and there but haven't seen anything on this. In the somewhat newer commercial (put a link down below) for the Jordan 2011 at the end of the the vid where Kevin Hart is telling DWade about the different things the insoles do he mentions a "Orange" midsole right at the end but ends up getting cut off.

Anyone have any type of info on that? Not sure wether the insoles that come with the shoes will eventually change with different CWs or change with alternate versions of the shoe like the lebron line with the whole .2's and P.S's he's doing or if eventually they'll just start selling different insoles apart. Can anyone shed some light on that? LINK BELOW

Originally Posted by tlwbballa23

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

hmmm,
I must say the white/blacks are the worst one so far.
The all black with patent actually looks quite hot ^^

the white/blue and silver/red ones are not bad though.
White/black colorway is my favorite so far. Looking to get either of the all-star colorways at the outlet. Big ups to Sneaker.St.....these just came in about an hour ago! Definitely well-executed....shoe, packaging, & marketing!

Awesome pics bro!  Are they really wrapped in a "blanket"?!! 
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Yes..I believe they do. Haven't been to any stores yet to see any of those boxes, but my pair did come wrappe in the "blanket". It's more of a very soft chamois material, which may be what JB recommends for wiping the leather......just my guess. Maybe someone can clear that up?

Can we get some JB size comparison's. Everything is getting bigger in size these days.

I used to wear an 11 in JB lol. Now I am more of a 10.5 in most.

2009 Space Jams - 11 - fit perfect
2011 White Cement 3 - 10.5 fit perfect
CDP 11s - size 11 - fit a little tight
CDP 12s - size 11 - fit big

So any help on how these fit in comparison to any of these.

I will prob try to get a 10.5 but i have heard they run extra big....all help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by bctwo1

Thank you for the response (not really meant to question if their legit) I'm just being impatient, I just don't like waiting when something is already available. If they ship out till the 28th I'll be really disappointed (again it's me being impatient). Plus since I'm in CA the shoes were $145 (taxes) still well below retail but potentially waiting 10+ days after they release to get them almost makes it not worth paying for them 30+ days in advanced.

All that said, knowing what I know now I would go sneaker st (instead of deadstock) all the way plain and simple.
Oh yeah, forgot some people have to pay tax now.  I don't agree with the whole pay now ship later deal either.  I just figure it is because they are a smaller operation and can't afford the risk of someone backing out after they paid their supplier.  You'll really like them and they are worth the wait.  Personally this is the only color I would buy anyway. 

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Hey everyone,

I've been keeping up with this thread for awhile and contributed here and there but haven't seen anything on this. In the somewhat newer commercial (put a link down below) for the Jordan 2011 at the end of the the vid where Kevin Hart is telling DWade about the different things the insoles do he mentions a "Orange" midsole right at the end but ends up getting cut off.

Anyone have any type of info on that? Not sure wether the insoles that come with the shoes will eventually change with different CWs or change with alternate versions of the shoe like the lebron line with the whole .2's and P.S's he's doing or if eventually they'll just start selling different insoles apart. Can anyone shed some light on that? LINK BELOW

yeah definately meant as a joke, hence the traveling part at the end

Originally Posted by teller360

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Hey everyone,

yeah definately meant as a joke, hence the traveling part at the end

So there isn't really an orange sole that makes people fly? Seemed legit to me.
laugh.gif

I think I'm going to try my hands at getting a pair of the YOTRs.. Hopefully NDC will do me right this time. I swore off online releases after the DB3s, but these go pretty hard

Would like to see more detailed pics of the white patent leather ones.
Will be trying my luck tomorrow night for the YOTR's.
Will see if my online luck will change since I've never been successful with these limited online releases.

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

I think I'm going to try my hands at getting a pair of the YOTRs.. Hopefully NDC will do me right this time. I swore off online releases after the DB3s, but these go pretty hard

Same here, if I dont get through then I'll just get the white/black...

man i wish i was there, when u click the link they got some sick headphones and a nice selection of BIN 5's on top of all the 2011's.

From sneakernews.com via F5toRefresh.

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-21.jpg

The Air Jordan 2011 is geared up to make an astounding, star-studded official worldwide debut during the 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend, as the first colorways of the twenty-sixth Air Jordan shoe is set for a wide release. At Footaction in Culver City, Jordan Brand has constructed an impressive display of the Air Jordan 2011, emphasizing the dual nature of the AJ2011 with the ‘Quick’ and ‘Explosive’ interchangeable cushioning system. A number of special items of interest were showcased, like a special Air Jordan 2011 set that includes a limited edition Skullcandy headset, and some new, never-before-seen colorways of the Air Jordan 2011 in White/Varsity Red and White/University Blue. Continue reading for this eye-catching Air Jordan 2011 display and stick with Sneaker News for more updates regarding the Air Jordan flagship of this year. via F5toRefresh.

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-07.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-08.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-09.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-10.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-06.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-02.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-03.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-12.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-11.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-14.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-13.jpg

air-jordan-2011-experience-fa-17.jpg