Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

I think the original Flip IIIs were a Finishline exclusive. I remember for sure that Champs and Footlocker did not get them. Not sure about Nike and Nike.com.

There may be hype on here, but in comparison to well-known, planned out releases (i.e. BRed IV and XI) this one doesn't have the hype with the less informed consumer. A lot of people have dropped a ton of coin in the past month (It's only been 5 weeks since the XI dropped!) with at least 6 different Jordan retros (XI, Thunder IV, Chicago and Knicks I's, BRed XIII, Fire Red V), not to mention that we had the BHM drop last weekend and the ASG + 3 more retros on 2/16. No doubt there's a lot of anticipation for this release, but given the timing and short notice of all of this, the hype will never match a shoe everyone knows is dropping 8-11 months ahead of time.

Well with only 20,000 pairs I'm sure the hype still there. That includes me.

That's still a big shot in the dark. Nike only doing their release online doesn't indicate anything about the numbers. With GS sizes being made, I still think this release is closer to 100K than 20K. It'd be really bizarre for a QS of 20K or less to drop in a FSR. Usually the truly limited releases don't even have GS sizes.

There may be hype on here, but in comparison to well-known, planned out releases (i.e. BRed IV and XI) this one doesn't have the hype with the less informed consumer. A lot of people have dropped a ton of coin in the past month (It's only been 5 weeks since the XI dropped!) with at least 6 different Jordan retros (XI, Thunder IV, Chicago and Knicks I's, BRed XIII, Fire Red V), not to mention that we had the BHM drop last weekend and the ASG + 3 more retros on 2/16. No doubt there's a lot of anticipation for this release, but given the timing and short notice of all of this, the hype will never match a shoe everyone knows is dropping 8-11 months ahead of time.

theres more than 20k pairs

save me all the extra reading. these in any stores at all? im assuming online only, but want to be sure

Last edited:

theres more than 20k pairs

I dont think there are more than 20K pairs of the 3's if that's what your referring too. TLO, no NT, and no RSVP. Definitely seems under 20K.

i dont think it is clowning people for buying what they want as much as it is people getting frustrated because they put out garbage and we the poeple buy them out first day which in tern starts the cycle of worse quality for more money, now if we as an entire group of sneaker lovers refuse to buy these shoes 2 things would happen 1. we would probably get better quality and or a price drop and 2. resellers would be stuck with shoes and the hype would die down. i think thats where most of the hate comes from, not really directed right at the buyers but as a whole towards JBs reign of garbage and the lack of interest to even try to get them to wake up and make the consumer happy.

What does TLO and no NT or RSVP indicate about quantities? They could have still had these in production a few weeks ago and thus distribution could be the main reason they aren't using their store locations. What usually indicates quantities is the size of the run. A FSR with GS through adult sizes is not the mark of a truly limited sneaker (20K or less). No one has provided any solid info one way or another, but can someone name the last truly limited release that featured GS sizes? There seems to be a false sense of panic being created that there are so few pairs.

What does TLO and no NT or RSVP indicate about quantities? They could have still had these in production a few weeks ago and thus distribution could be the main reason they aren't using their store locations. What usually indicates quantities is the size of the run. A FSR with GS through adult sizes is not the mark of a truly limited sneaker (20K or less). No one has provided any solid info one way or another, but can someone name the last truly limited release that featured GS sizes? There seems to be a false sense of panic being created that there are so few pairs.
DB9's?? How many pairs were made of those?? They were NDC/NT only and had GS sizes as well I know those weren't high production shoes right???

Last edited:
I agree, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure with the Zoom Rookie Galaxy release, there weren't any NT's that received them, no RSVP's, online only and it seemed most people who wanted them got them. There are always going to be people that miss, clearly because this is a limited shoe there will be even more, but how limited.....who knows!? Unless you have access to Nike's inventory or production #'s, you really have no clue.

The DB 9's came in GS sizes, a pretty limited shoe, which was avail in NT's and had a RSVP. They weren't avail. at any other stores. There is no clear reason why Nike handles their releases the way they do and there is no clear indicator of how limited a shoe will be other than the Quick Strike tag.

Every thread is 90% the same... Ppl complaining bout the quality... Ppl tellin others how or how not to spend their money.... Who gives a eff.... If the quality isn't up to YOUR standards.. Go out n buy red bottoms then... We don't need your BS opinion like it'll sway our decision to cop or not... And ppl always wanna ASSUME their own money situation is everyone else's... Some can't cop and other can cop multiples... Who cares.... Jus cop if u want em and if not move on....

Every thread is 90% the same... Ppl complaining bout the quality... Ppl tellin others how or how not to spend their money.... Who gives a eff.... If the quality isn't up to YOUR standards.. Go out n buy red bottoms then... We don't need your BS opinion like it'll sway our decision to cop or not... And ppl always wanna ASSUME their own money situation is everyone else's... Some can't cop and other can cop multiples... Who cares.... Jus cop if u want em and if not move on....

unfortunately the sneaker community is just full of majority idiots and idiots kids without a job combined

I also find it disheartening how some try to tell you how to use your money, i understand that resellers do ruin the sneaker world but at the same time for some of us we dont get a chance to cop for retail and have little or no alternative. In my case i would love to get for retail but if i cant i will look at a reseller, i can afford it and see no trouble if the price is right.

Let's start a "Movement" to stop buying cheap jays for top dollars. They can't survive without out US. Let's make JB realize this ain't right at all and somebody gonna fix this or we won't buy your shoes at all #TeamPassUp

Back
Top Bottom