Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

The only time i really argue is when people make a huge deal about why others buy their sneakers. But i will admit i missed your point. So my bad. Peace

As for doing it to be cool people say that to people my afe because that is just what i have noticed oldheads to assume. Whereas people my age dont seem to understand its a hobby except other sneakerheads....

Last edited:
These couldn't come at a better time!! Tax season and a happy Valentines Day to me!!

Last edited:
these look clean. will try to get these
nerd.gif

For those of you who have never stopped buying J's, when did this Hype faze start? I bowed out in 2006 and even then I was on lite-mode for at least 3 years. I started glancing the JB forum again recently, but have heard from friends of mine that buying J's is a lot different now.
I checked Google trends and it looks like December 2010. That is the year on the chart where the line went pretty high and has since stayed consistent.

For those of you who have never stopped buying J's, when did this Hype faze start? I bowed out in 2006 and even then I was on lite-mode for at least 3 years. I started glancing the JB forum again recently, but have heard from friends of mine that buying J's is a lot different now.
I checked Google trends and it looks like December 2010. That is the year on the chart where the line went pretty high and has since stayed consistent.

View media item 198103
It did seem like the hype was going up when the CG 11s were coming out.

2010 sounds accurate. I was getting Jordans near retail on eBay up until that point.

Purchased Aquas for around $180-190 around 2009-2010. Two years after they retroed. Prices were sitting comfortably, mark ups weren't ridiculous unless you were looking for OG Nike Air stuff.

Everything slowly started to change shortly after though.

Reactions: God
Sorry, you guys are off.
It should be pretty obvious that new hype and madness came about with the Concord XI's, December 2011:
View media item 198109http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=air jordans&cmpt=q

Nah the concords just took it to a different level, the hype started around 2010. People didn't realize it until the concords dropped that s hit was now real.

I remember having trouble with a few releases in 2010 and wondering since when did all these people become "sneaker heads".

I hate that word BTW :lol:

What did you have trouble with in 2010?

I'm curious because maybe I passed on shoes that I didn't realize were tough to come by.

What did you have trouble with in 2010?
I'm curious because maybe I passed on shoes that I didn't realize were tough to come by.

Well bad choice of words, I actually had to start camping out for releases. Not as long compared to now days. I missed out on the infrared pack and had trouble with the Motorsport 6s. GRs were a breeze in 2010 for the most part. Sport red 6s white and black sat at my mall for a min.

:lol: AT FAT JOE BEING AN OG IN THE GAME.

MY YOUNGER BROTHER IS MORE OG THAN FAT JOE. PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SEE ON TV.

'99-'03 were the golden years of retros. Quality kicks with a less sporadic calender of releases. You actually looked forward to releases instead of being overwhelmed by them. After that... white laser 4s, OG nubuck 12s, OG altitude 13s, OG DMP were all unusually popular releases. Then when we saw the 11s come every holiday and it has taken things to a new level.
Just my opinion though...

Yup. It went from low key to hype after 04 IMO.

damn man this thread is ntn but niggs fighting over when people started goin crazy for js it got crazy when people figured out they can make a profit off a shoe at my mall when i go its the same people same people who go to auctually buy there shoes to wear and because they love the game the rest are all little kids or retarts who wanna sell them sayin they fit from a 8.5 to a 10.5 SMHHH n its sad people r auctually looking up the offical cribs release date lets get back to talking about the shoes kyds

don't really care for these yall can have em. Have two pairs of 11s and two pairs of 03s, nothing special about these ESPECIALLY since it seems like all these are just 2011s with the nike air and a jordan logo on the bottom sole lol, big deal..have fun sweating over these everyone

@Jdilla....you do know that the pics are of 2011 samples correct?  No one has seen any new pics yet.

Might cop. Might not...

Hopefully this will drop the price on those 2011 pairs so I can cop another.

Back
Top Bottom