Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

could of had more details....but yo this woman is GORGEOUS. 
Didnt tell us anything we dont know. But damn I want that michelle forbes chick
Just showing everyone the video that I happened to see! 
eyes.gif

back in 01 everything sat, hell i remember even the infrared 6 sat for a lil, you could just walk in and buy them .

AGREED!!! I worked for FNL and Olive 9's and CG 9's went on sale before we sold em all. VII's and VIII's you could come in at 5pm on release day and you could get these. Funny how 7 years have changed everything. Hypebeasts suck

AGREED!!! I worked for FNL and Olive 9's and CG 9's went on sale before we sold em all. VII's and VIII's you could come in at 5pm on release day and you could get these. Funny how 7 years have changed everything. Hypebeasts suck
very true, i remember that i over slept when the Flints came out, i whent to FNL at 5pm and they still have an 8 left which is a popular size times have sure changed.....

has the price for these been announced yet??

For those of you who have never stopped buying J's, when did this Hype faze start? I bowed out in 2006 and even then I was on lite-mode for at least 3 years. I started glancing the JB forum again recently, but have heard from friends of mine that buying J's is a lot different now.

^^^ nike can retro the XVI, XVII with pretty good success IMO.
seems like they just playing it safe and hitting the rewind button.

I honestly don't have a problem with that. I've always contended that shoes should be released in a regular cycle. If you miss it, then you know when it's coming back around. If you're truly into shoes, it wouldn't bother you, if you want it, you want it. Some don't like this because they feel it devalues the shoe, but as we see it's not harming it that much. It's only a matter of time before both of those get retroed tho.

For those of you who have never stopped buying J's, when did this Hype faze start? I bowed out in 2006 and even then I was on lite-mode for at least 3 years. I started glancing the JB forum again recently, but have heard from friends of mine that buying J's is a lot different now.
When the Concords came out. :smh: I've been buying J's since the '06 Fire Red 5 came out.

Robert,the cat that learned how to forgive himself

Last edited:

I really can't pinpoint it. Some releases were crazy sporadically, but within the last few years it has ballooned. I have a theory that Nike is placing product on young stars (rappers in particular) to create hype in a shoe. I don't remember Drake, Lil' Wayne, Rick Ross, Bun B (although some have disputed me on this), T.I, Fat Joe, or any other rapper being into shoes like they claim now. I just find it strangely odd that they are mentioning this more. It's well know that hip hop and basketball/basketball kicks pretty much go hand in hand historically. None of the aforementioned come to mind. Even if they have to love kicks like they claim, it just seem so much more contrived now than before. Now you see dudes wear stuff prior to release (often times months prior to release) just to create hype for a shoe. It's sad as a shoe fan because the hype plus the new ways you have to obtain shoes pushes out the people who truly like the shoe and doesn't want to re-sell them.

When the Concords came out. :smh: I've been buying J's since the '06 Fire Red 5 came out.

Started before that

where are you located?

Last edited:

Started before that
It feel like that to me for some reason.

I really can't pinpoint it. Some releases were crazy sporadically, but within the last few years it has ballooned. I have a theory that Nike is placing product on young stars (rappers in particular) to create hype in a shoe. I don't remember Drake, Lil' Wayne, Rick Ross, Bun B (although some have disputed me on this), T.I, Fat Joe, or any other rapper being into shoes like they claim now. I just find it strangely odd that they are mentioning this more. It's well know that hip hop and basketball/basketball kicks pretty much go hand in hand historically. None of the aforementioned come to mind. Even if they have to love kicks like they claim, it just seem so much more contrived now than before. Now you see dudes wear stuff prior to release (often times months prior to release) just to create hype for a shoe. It's sad as a shoe fan because the hype plus the new ways you have to obtain shoes pushes out the people who truly like the shoe and doesn't want to re-sell them.
FAT JOE BEEN COLLECTING BRO! im not from the east coast... but fat joe been having heat...

FAT JOE BEEN COLLECTING BRO! im not from the east coast... but fat joe been having heat...
His Cribs episode happened before the hype too. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom