Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

^^the air jordan 2 can be seen marketed as a luxury model designer shoe as evidenced by this 1987 eastbay catalog picture...

(i know the print is small) pay careful attention to the air jordan 2 description & contrast it to the air force/air delta force descriptions! - they recommend against using it for basketball & it had premium italian leathers

the 1988 air jordan that was the first in the line to combine both function & style in balanced form
another pc. of info that makes the 3 such a classic!
Your posts are some of my favorites.  Always dropping the knowledge.  Repped.

My guess for the next Nike Heel (total shot in the dark guess).
The Black/Infrared VI makes sense for Nike Air next year.
Two main reasons:
1. JB would replace the crap suede a lot of people hated from the VI pack and the varsity reds with the correct materials for Nike Air.
Making the Black/Infrared VI a correct retro, which hasn't happened since 2000.
2. 2014 will be 23 years since MJ's first championship, obviously he was wearing VI's in 1991, 88 III's were 25th anniv.
Doubt JB would want to wait the extra 2 years with the hype the 88's generated.
How would they be waiting two years? They have all year to retro the IIIs, all next year to retro the IVs, all next year for the Vs etc.
They would all generate the same hype.

Also I am pretty sure 1s with NA is going to be standard practice from now on. I certainly hope so.

Last edited:
How did people get around the 1 pair per customer limit?

They told that limit to get da f*ck out the wheyy and ordered 2 pair.

Some sites didn't enforce it. Just what it boiled down to.

Gonna be lookin out for the UPS dude Monday. Congrats to everyone that got theirs.

^^ Good looks on the memories, Green Rhino (repped)... 1987 was about the time I started taking Eastbay catalog to school on the daily. I can't count the number of times I had my catalog confiscated in class. I ALWAYS had one on me. Even though the catalog is basically irrelevant these days, they still send me 2 of them a month :smokin
I can't imagine how many they've mailed me since '87

Last edited:
^^ Good looks on the memories, Green Rhino (repped)... 1987 was about the time I started taking Eastbay catalog to school on the daily. I can't count the number of times I had my catalog confiscated in class. I ALWAYS had one on me. Even though the catalog is basically irrelevant these days, they still send me 2 of them a month :smokin
I can't imagine how many they've mailed me since '87
o yea back in the day eastbay catalogs were like sneaker bibles. You was mad special if you was a kid and got eastbay mags.Even though they're useless now, I will say that back in the mid 00's, eastbay's clearance pages were ESSENTIAL in me copping so many cheap now coveted retros.

$40 black,blue and red toe questions. $50 red/white air more uptempo's... :D 8) :smokin

Last edited:
My Eastbay order is still "Unshipped - Waiting on Approval"....

Last edited:
^^the air jordan 2 can be seen marketed as a luxury model designer shoe as evidenced by this 1987 eastbay catalog picture...

(i know the print is small) pay careful attention to the air jordan 2 description & contrast it to the air force/air delta force descriptions! - they recommend against using it for basketball & [COLOR=#red]it had premium italian leathers[/COLOR]

the 1988 air jordan that was the first in the line to combine both function & style in balanced form
another pc. of info that makes the 3 such a classic!

:lol: Long gone are the days of those premium Italian leathers...

My Eastbay order is still "Unshipped - Waiting on Approval"....
You might want to call them about that if you want to know exactly what is going on  with your order. I know most people have already gotten their tracking numbers. I believe I remember one NTer saying Eastbay advised them that some orders were going to be delayed since they were waiting on shipment to fulfill some orders. 

got a couple questions.

1. how is the quality on the retro '88's compared to recent jordan releases? Keep in mind I have never owned a pair of j's in my life, these will be my first.

2. were these really THAT limited? it seems like a lot of people were able to get em on the drop, and if they didn't, they got them through a backdoor link that worked for at least a couple hours. theyre also being released next week in houston, and as someone above me mentioned, in the international market. are these really that limited?

The ftl rep called me and said 1 per address. And said my order already shipped tho so she let it go. But next time they gonna cancel it.

got a couple questions.

1. how is the quality on the retro '88's compared to recent jordan releases? Keep in mind I have never owned a pair of j's in my life, these will be my first.

2. were these really THAT limited? it seems like a lot of people were able to get em on the drop, and if they didn't, they got them through a backdoor link that worked for at least a couple hours. theyre also being released next week in houston, and as someone above me mentioned, in the international market. are these really that limited?
I dont think they were that limited. I didnt even get mine through Backdoor. I still dont think they were that limited. Backdoor was posted here when inventory was almost out. They had few sizes left. People overestimate how many people got theirs that way.

Im hearing it is better but these days that dont mean much.

The ftl rep called me and said 1 per address. And said my order already shipped tho so she let it go. But next time they gonna cancel it.
What if you used different credit cards and if there are more than 1 sneakerhead/hypebeast in 1 household?

got a couple questions.

1) quality is better than any retro we have seen since the banned 1s

2) they were, and are limited. the only reason a lot of people got them was due to the one pair limit, and the fact that the backdoor link was only given to people on the forums. tons of people out there who purchase shoes do not belong to forums and struck out hard on these. houston is getting a few pairs since they are hosting the games, and the international market will get limited sizes also. JBs goal was to make the 88 3 = banned 1. let's hope resale values don't match up :x

Last edited:
Backdoor was posted here when inventory was almost out. They had few sizes left. People overestimate how many people got theirs that way.
no it wasnt. when i got in through the alternate way there was a FSR. and it stayed that way for a good 15-20 minutes. i think you got on it late. and yes, 15 minutes IS late.

first sizes sold out were like 8.5, 11.5 and 13 or something. all other sizes remained for another good 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:
How would they be waiting two years? They have all year to retro the IIIs, all next year to retro the IVs, all next year for the Vs etc.
They would all generate the same hype.

Also I am pretty sure 1s with NA is going to be standard practice from now on. I certainly hope so.

JB seems to want to use Nike Air on anniversaries of important events in Jordan's career.
Yes, they could re-retro all the III's with Nike Air,
But the only pair that made sense with the anniversary strategy that they seem to be using was the 25th anniversary of White/Cement III he wore in the Slam Dunk.
As far as I can remember, there were no very important events in Jordan's career in the years he wore the IV's or V's.
Yes, he was still the best player in the game, but no milestones happened in those years, and they'd lose the "specialness"/hype of Nike Air if they just used it on everything.
The next truly important thing in Jordan's career after the 1988 Slam Dunk was his first championship in 1991.
Take into account the anniversary strategy they JB seems to be using, and the idea that they wouldn't want to wait another 2 years for another 25th anniversary of an important milestone.
I'm saying, to my way of thinking, the next Nike Heel that makes the most sense is his to use his uniform number 23 instead of waiting 2 years for the 25th.
23rd anniversary of his first championship makes it the 1991 VI's in 2014.
JB just did the White/Infrared in the right materials, and the Carmines in 2008 in the right materials (granted, both cheap versions of the right materials, but technically the correct materials).
So, the one that makes the most sense to me, is the Black/Infrared VI in the correct materials with Nike Air.

About the 1's, you might be right, I was only speaking of Nike Air Heel, that leaves the 1's out as far as I'm concerned,
To me, at this point JB has bastardized the 1's beyond all repair, I don't think they could do anything to the 1's that would surprise me.

Last edited:
got a couple questions.

* First off, let me say this: You picked the perfect shoe to make your first Air Jordan purchase; IIIs are easily my all-time favorite shoe, namely the BC-III.
* As far as limitation goes, NONE of us know for certain, yet -- When it comes to production numbers, Jordan Brand prides itself on being able to keep that under wraps. But yes, we know these are limited. As far as HOW limited, none of us know, "yet"... The number floating around is 20,000 pairs, though like I said, none of us know how close that is to truth :nerd: Compare that number to the 500K--700K pairs the black/red XI was said to be produced in.

Back
Top Bottom