Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

lol you guys werent lying about the smell. Got my pair from FNL in today and damn that smell hit me right in the face as i opened the box. :x

lol you guys werent lying about the smell. Got my pair from FNL in today and damn that smell hit me right in the face as i opened the box. :x

haha same here. I opened the box from FNL and then the Jordan box and in my mind it went like this:

Shoes CHECK
Hangtag CHECK
Insert CHECK
Tissue Paper CHECK
strong glue smell CHECK

Got my '88's in today and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. Besides the extremely strong glue smell, my pair was on point. I have both '11 and '13 Cement 3's and these are definitely better, quality wise, in my opinion. Kudos to JB for a change. Congrats to those that got a pair. I hope they re-release on a wider basis in the coming month for those that originally missed out last week.

Just decided gonna put mine on eBay and cop concords and keep my breds since my cdp pair are beaters now

Ya'll dudes complain about everything. No shoe is perfect, and creasing? I mean, you're going to wear the shoes anyway (i hope)

I'm just happy that the shade of the elephant print on both shoes is consistent and matches for the most part, with that said though I really do like the lighter shade of elephant print compared to the darker thicker lined print.  Just my opinion

Got mine in today... obvi glue smell stands out... not much else... seem pretty goot to me...

One pic...

(shot with a D90, Nikkor 35mm, SB-600 speedlight, on white poster board, edited slightly with Lightroom 3)

Ya'll killing me with these 'quality' comments... :smh:

How do you determine the quality of a shoe just by holding/looking at them!? Besides the cosmetic appearance, the quality-point is deeper than that.

:lol: I mean, I remember when hooping was the way we determined how the quality was, if your knees/ankles aint shatter in 'em - than you they were good bread.

I mean just casual trying on/wearing could help determine too, but just by holding/and looking at them? Can only respect those opinions to an extent.

Last edited:
I think the discussion of quality comes down to materials and defects, not performance of the materials used.

I noticed a few things when comparing my pair (which is pretty spot on). Overall I'm very satisfied, and think they're slightly better than the 2011 version of this shoe. Besides the Nike Air I feel a few things are better overall.

1. The perforations on the 2013 are noticeably larger. You can see them from a few feet away where as the 2011 you can't. It's almos as if it's not perforated from a distance.
2. The elephant print is fuzzier than on the 2011 version. Feel the two and you'll find a softer, deeper texture to the 2013's.
3. The tongue on the 2013 is stiffer and more durable than the 2011.
4. The padding is certainly greater in the 2011's. Though that was the case compared to the 2003 pair as well I believe.
5. The sizing of this mold is different than the 2011 version. See below. The 2011 pair is an 11.5. The 2013 is an 11. Side by side there's virtually no difference in the length of the shoe, not a true .5 size difference. This corresponds to my general experience with Jordans made in the past year. Going down a half size is usually truer to size.
6. The one flaw on my pair, which doesn't bother me much but is a little bit noticable, is the creasing on the left shoe. I think this may be due to the hangtag and how the shoe was placed in the box, but the leather is definitely creased near the ankle.
7. (Not pictured) I feel like the 2013 toebox is actually a few mm shorter as far as elephant print goes, meaning more white above it on the toebox.

View media item 267190View media item 267192View media item 267194View media item 267196View media item 267197

I wanted to clarify something, might sound noobish. If a girl wears a size 7.5 in women are they a size 6 in GS?

Been trying to keep up with the thread, but its pretty deep at this point. Is the 3/23 date confirmed for stores or is that still just Europe? Thanks in advance.

Congrats to everyone who copped. I was on some "F**k JB charging an extra $40" and didn't try to cop. I'm disappointed now. Especially bc I don't have a 2011 pair :frown:

Last edited:
6. The one flaw on my pair, which doesn't bother me much but is a little bit noticable, is the creasing on the left shoe. I think this may be due to the hangtag and how the shoe was placed in the box, but the leather is definitely creased near the ankle.
Just a little bit noticable!!!! 

It looks worse in that pic than it really is. Once I tried them on and my foot was in the shoe, it wasn't concave like that. I think if I leave them out for awhile it will go away some. Clearly the hangtag was pressed up in that spot of the leather in the box.

I wanted to clarify something, might sound noobish. If a girl wears a size 7.5 in women are they a size 6 in GS?

Yes, approximately. GS sizes are basically a continuation (on the smaller end) of men's sizes. It may not be a perfect size translation, but it still should be:

Women's to men's size = subtract 1 or 1.5 from the women's size to get the men's/GS size

The glue smell everyone is commenting on will dissipate in time. I look at it as "new car" smell for sneakers. Those of you who have ever been in a brand new car can possibly relate.

The glue smell everyone is commenting on will dissipate in time. I look at it as "new car" smell for sneakers. Those of you who have ever been in a brand new car can possibly relate.
Lol damn coming out of the dark corner... I too have smelled the glue and it's pretty strong, but nah. It is not like a new car/new sneaker smell. That smell can be related to a new pair of recent retros and basically any other brand or payless even.

This is a chemical stench to it and airing it out will be the best option. Chem or fragrant spray and heat from your feet will make the smell get twisted and just turn skunky. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom