Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

It's just the same story every release, sans a few VERY limited releases which this one has quickly turned out not to be. Dudes panic and overpay up front, more pairs drop, the resale value plummets, and then everyone forgets about day 0 - 20 and how many people raped themselves because they had no patience. I'm just not one of the guys who will pay out the butt if I miss or want a second pair unless I know it's a truly limited, hard to come by shoe. People got reamed on XIs, reamed on IVs, you can keep going down the line. Dudes were saying $300-$350 was fair for Thunders. Revisit last year's release threads and you'll find the same pattern.

I advocate not being a chump.
Depends on what you mean being a chump is. I think trying to downplay a shoe so you can get your hands on it is a chump (like what you are doing right now). Just because someone places a higher value on it than you do, doesn't make him a chump. You lose credibility real fast when you start spewing nonsense...

Yeah some people are ******ed. Him included. I paid 225 shipped/taxes. Resellers are garbage.
LOL at anyone who thinks the quality on these is better than most retros. Do people forget the pages of photos of lopsided pairs, bad paint jobs, wrinkled and pre-creased leather? The quality has been one reason the price on these has begun to fall. As the perceived limitedness goes down, and many flawed pairs are moved, there's no way $350-$400 stands on these. It hasn't even been two weeks since the initial drop. Some people just throw reason and history out the window. 3,000 more pairs dropped into the market last weekend. A fair retail is going to be $150 over MSRP, especially if there's a second release and undoubtedly Europe getting their's? Some of you guys crack me up. You have both panicked, ignorant consumers and then resellers trying to act like a "fair" price is 1.5-2x retail. The people who wait will be the winners on this release.

Oh and FYI dude above, no one was paying $250 after taxes and shipping on these unless they chose overnight. This is a max $220-$225 retail purchase if you're in the U.S. cranking up the retail price to fit your reseller agenda doesn't change the facts.
Heck, I'll admit I bought 4 pairs of these and re-sold 3 of them. Just makes the hobby not a hole in the wallet. To the naive person that says resellers are garbage, the game has changed. People didn't have to go online at 5am or wait outline overnight to get shoes back in the day. Things were simple and cheap. Remember when OG Jordans were $140 when they came out? You could walk into a Champs and get a pair a week after release. The whole scene has changed. So, nothing wrong with people taking advantage of this. Some of you act like the sneaker game should be this utopic church hobby. Get your head out of your *****.

You can hate re-sellers but until hype goes down, they will be there.

Last edited:
i get what trappedintime is saying. Theoretically an increase in supply should decrease the demand. But at the same time i can't help but think that the madness is going to start up all over again if these are in fact released on 3/23. Like I said, more people than not will strike out. And that will make the thirst even greater. That's where the resellers come in to play. They know this. They will cater to those who don't want to deal with the masses on RD. To those people, spending 100 dollars extra for a "pre-order" is worth it to guarantee a pair and avoid the chaos and not risk having to pay the BIGGER premium that is sure to follow in the week after.

Last edited:
I find it funny you post that the IIIs aren't great but you were the one that messaged me looking to get a pair. Look, I know what you are trying to do. Try to keep the down low enough so you can sneak a pair. Spoken like a hustler...

I messaged you looking for another pair because inevitably these aren't going to hold up that great. Of course the white cement III is a great shoe, but this retro is far from great quality as you claim. The QC on these was absolutely pathetic and the materials aren't much better than 2011 pairs. Pretty close with a few variations in design (i.e. more visible perforations).

My point goes way above you or you moving pairs. There's two camps right now: resellers in the community looking to maximize profits, and people trying to get pairs at reasonable prices. All of you guys looking to get $350, $380, $400... GO FOR IT! You will find chumps to take it to hard, but the point of this site is to help provide good information. And as a result of participating in so many releases here, especially in the last year, people should WAKE UP. The first 2-3 weeks, especially after a mainly online release are going to Braveheart fools.

Release after release though the evidence shows overwhelmingly that the price a month to six weeks out will be much different than the price during the first three weeks. So what kind of idiot can't wait 3 weeks to get a price closer to the market value moving forward? As I said, you can't name any GR or even slightly limited Jordan from the past year that is going for more than 50-60 above retail max. Dudes paying $150 over retail deserve a kick in the nuts for not having more common sense while dudes like you try to establish the NOW as the FAIR.

Heck, I'll admit I bought 4 pairs of these and re-sold 3 of them. Just makes the hobby not a hole in the wallet. To the naive person that says resellers are garbage, the game has changed. People didn't have to go online at 5am or wait outline overnight to get shoes back in the day. Things were simple and cheap. Remember when OG Jordans were $140 when they came out? You could walk into a Champs an get a pair a week after release. The whole scene has changed. So, nothing wrong with people taking advantage of this. Some of you act like the sneaker game should be this utopic church hobby. Get your head out of your *****.

Guys like you think you set the market and that what you say is fair really is. It's not. The $380 you sold a pair for isn't what the market will ultimately dictate. In the micro sense, yes you were able to grab that. As I said, there's always impatient chumps. I'm just trying to be a voice of reason around here because people start to believe something if they hear it enough. Find me a list of retros from the past year that are going more than $60 above retail + taxes now. DB9's and... yeah, exactly. $380 for a $200 shoe produced in these kind of numbers is not the fair market price, it's the inflated, hype-induced price due to schmucks like you picking up four pairs for the purpose of easing the pain that is a "hole in the wallet". No respect for operating like that.

I've been part of numerous communities fighting scalpers, and while it may not be a utopic hobby (let's be real, this is materialism and greed at its finest... er worst), communities like this should be looking out to help one another because by not participating in rape prices, you can - in the long run - root resellers onto more profitable hustles elsewhere. If people didn't pay $500 on day one and had patience, no one would go into it with aspirations of selling 4 pairs for 2K. It's silly and it's artificial.

I messaged you looking for another pair because inevitably these aren't going to hold up that great. Of course the white cement III is a great shoe, but this retro is far from great quality as you claim. The QC on these was absolutely pathetic and the materials aren't much better than 2011 pairs. Pretty close with a few variations in design (i.e. more visible perforations).

My point goes way above you or you moving pairs. There's two camps right now: resellers in the community looking to maximize profits, and people trying to get pairs at reasonable prices. All of you guys looking to get $350, $380, $400... GO FOR IT! You will find chumps to take it to hard, but the point of this site is to help provide good information. And as a result of participating in so many releases here, especially in the last year, people should WAKE UP. The first 2-3 weeks, especially after a mainly online release are going to Braveheart fools.

Release after release though the evidence shows overwhelmingly that the price a month to six weeks out will be much different than the price during the first three weeks. So what kind of idiot can't wait 3 weeks to get a price closer to the market value moving forward? As I said, you can't name any GR or even slightly limited Jordan from the past year that is going for more than 50-60 above retail max. Dudes paying $150 over retail deserve a kick in the nuts for not having more common sense while dudes like you try to establish the NOW as the FAIR.
maybe some people just got paper like that. YOU MAD BRO??

The quality isn't spectacular but why would it be? JB knows they could be made of tissue paper and they were still selling out in minutes

maybe some people just got paper like that. YOU MAD BRO??

Oh look, it's another guy who doesn't get it. Do people really like paying more for stuff than they have to? Are you poor if you value your investments and money? I didn't realize that's what it meant. I mean holy ****e, someone around here trying to give people decent advice based on the historical resale prices in the past year?! I'm not the least bit mad though. I've scored my past 14 shoes the past 3 months for a collective $100 under retail and I haven't had to take to eBay or charge rape prices to do it!

Oh look, it's another guy who doesn't get it. Do people really like paying more for stuff than they have to? Are you poor if you value your investments and money? I didn't realize that's what it meant. I mean holy ****e, someone around here trying to give people decent advice based on the historical resale prices in the past year?! I'm not the least bit mad though. I've scored my past 14 shoes the past 3 months for a collective $100 under retail and I haven't had to take to eBay or charge rape prices to do it!
but sketchers never sell out and always go on sale. nothing special about that..

Personally, I find this quality better than 2011. My opinion. I don't have an issue with the shoe. Doesn't matter as I sold my last pair and I still think the shoe is solid. No reason to lie here. A lot of others will agree here (and some may not). But, I have been happy with them. But, I'll be the 1st to say when the quality sucks. I have some Cements IV I just sold, and I told the buyer the quality was not as good, and that buyer didn't care and still paid because he wanted it.

You're not providing information. You're providing an opinion. Big difference. You have an issue who those guys dropping stupid money on shoes. That's your opinion (which I respect), but that is not useful information here. That "idiot" who wants to drop $100 more and can't wait 3 weeks has money to spend... doesn't see an issue. That "idiot" that can wait 3 weeks and doesn't have $100 to drop sees an issue. It's not a common sense or idiocy issue. It's an issue of value..and everyone has different value on shoes.  It doesn't make them an idiot or lack common sense. $100 for some people is $10 for others. Why do you think places like Fight Club charge an arm and a leg? Just because they're a shop, they can ask that much and people will pay it? There is a market and prices and demand will dictate that market..we're just small players in the market.

Done with this conversation.

Last edited:
You're not providing information. You're providing an opinion. Big difference. You have an issue who those guys dropping stupid money on shoes. That's your opinion (which I respect), but that is not useful information here. That "idiot" who wants to drop $100 more and can't wait 3 weeks has money to spend... doesn't see an issue. That "idiot" that can wait 3 weeks and doesn't have $100 to drop sees an issue. It's not a common sense or idiocy issue. It's an issue of value..and everyone has different value on shoes.  It doesn't make them an idiot or lack common sense. $100 for some people is $10 for others. Why do you think places like Fight Club charge an arm and a leg? Just because they're a shop, they can ask that much and people will pay it? There is a market and prices and demand will dictate that market..we're just small players in the market.

It's not an opinion that after releases cool down and the panic button is eased off the resale prices go down. Those are facts you don't even try to refute. Some of you act like if others believe having some patience is the best method they're poor or something. I'm using facts here bro. Find me a release from last year that's more than $50-$60 over retail a month to three months out. The smart people are those who have the patience, save their $100 and still get their pair while having $100 to invest in something else in their lives. Chumps waste money they didn't have to spend, whether they have it to waste or not. I'm not a chump.

Last edited:
Um..I don't think you get it. Good for you on saving yourself money. Please pat your back..

It's not an opinion that after releases cool down and the panic button is eased off the resale prices go down. Those are facts you don't even try to refute. Some of you act like if others believe having some patience is the best method they're poor or something. I'm using facts here bro. Find me a release from last year that's more than $50-$60 over retail a month to three months out. The smart people are those who have the patience, save their $100 and still get their pair while having $100 to invest in something else in their lives. Chumps waste money they didn't have to spend, whether they have it to waste or not. I'm not a chump.
maybe this game isnt for you. go buy a nintendo.

It's not even worth discussing with someone as ignorant as you. There are dudes that have the money to pay moronic rape prices after release. These are the guys keeping resellers in business. If you think that's a good thing (which you do because you can yourself be cheap and fund your purchases by gouging others), you're not a net positive on the COMMUNITY. You don't even know what community means.

Smart people will be patient and find what they want at reasonable market prices rather than the hyped prices guys like you want others to think are legitimate prices to pay. If they were they'd hold up for more than a few weeks. Chumps, people who waste money, throw it to greedy jokers needlessly. That's all there is to it.

laugh.gif

It's not a GAME. That's what some of you kiddies can't figure out. There's no winning or losing. Having one more pair of shoes doesn't net you anything other than one more pair of shoes. You're not a winner. There wouldn't even be a sneaker CULTURE if it weren't for people like me and countless others here who have been buying sneakers year after year for 20-30 years now, back when it wasn't about buying as many pairs as you could get your hands on. Hell, back then it was rare for real enthusiasts to even have multiple colorways of a given model during a season. It wasn't about greed. It wasn't a "game" then and it's only a game to guys on the hustle now.

Guys like you think you set the market and that what you say is fair really is. It's not. The $380 you sold a pair for isn't what the market will ultimately dictate. In the micro sense, yes you were able to grab that. As I said, there's always impatient chumps. I'm just trying to be a voice of reason around here because people start to believe something if they hear it enough. Find me a list of retros from the past year that are going more than $60 above retail + taxes now. DB9's and... yeah, exactly. $380 for a $200 shoe produced in these kind of numbers is not the fair market price, it's the inflated, hype-induced price due to schmucks like you picking up four pairs for the purpose of easing the pain that is a "hole in the wallet". No respect for operating like that.

I've been part of numerous communities fighting scalpers, and while it may not be a utopic hobby (let's be real, this is materialism and greed at its finest... er worst), communities like this should be looking out to help one another because by not participating in rape prices, you can - in the long run - root resellers onto more profitable hustles elsewhere. If people didn't pay $500 on day one and had patience, no one would go into it with aspirations of selling 4 pairs for 2K. It's silly and it's artificial.
IV White Cement

IX Olive

IX Motorboats Jones

IX Crawfish/ Bentley Ellis

I   Chicagos

I   Royals

I   Knicks

III White Cement '88

IV Thunder

XI Breds

XX8 Stealth

XX8 Black Camou

XII Playoffs

It's not a GAME. That's what some of you kiddies can't figure out. There's no winning or losing. Having one more pair of shoes doesn't net you anything other than one more pair of shoes. You're not a winner. There wouldn't even be a sneaker CULTURE if it weren't for people like me and countless others here who have been buying sneakers year after year for 20-30 years now, back when it wasn't about buying as many pairs as you could get your hands on. Hell, back then it was rare for real enthusiasts to even have multiple colorways of a given model during a season. It wasn't about greed. It wasn't a "game" then and it's only a game to guys on the hustle now.
I was going to stop as this was wasting my time. But, I just have to say one more thing. What you fail to get it is people like you are a small..very small percentage of the sneaker culture. I buy and trade watches. I flip them and make money. It's the same thing. These hobbies are all a game. The hunt is sometimes the best part of the game....

The sneaker culture is a game. You think having these 5am/8am releases, RSVP tweets, midnight releases, lottery system releases are NOT game? Are you kidding? You're naive and ignorant. More importantly, you're a bitter person that knows they have to wait 3 weeks for the shoe they want when people don't care for a second to drop an extra $50 or $100 or whatever to get the shoes they want now. You call people stupid, idiot and chumps for doing that. Are you kidding? Look yourself in the mirror and grow a pair. Don't insult people for buying something they want. You fail to get people don't think like you. And that really pisses you off. You're pissed that people do what they want to do, not what you do. Get a life man....

Now I am done. Thank god today was a holiday as I would have wasted hours discussing and educating.

Last edited:
IV White Cement
IX Olive
IX Motorboats Jones
IX Crawfish/ Bentley Ellis
I   Chicagos
I   Royals
I   Knicks
III White Cement '88
IV Thunder
XI Breds
XX8 Stealth
XX8 Black Camou
XII Playoffs

Based on what I've seen over in the BS and on CL in just the past two weeks:

Cements - you can find them for $230-$240 ($55-$65 over)
Olives - $240 ($65 over)
Motorboats - good one, that is truly limited and going for upwards of $300.
Crawfish - $225-$240
Chicagos - $140-$160 ($20-$40 over retail)
Knicks - $160-$180 ($20-$40 over retail)
Thunders - $220 - $230 ($45-$55 over retail)
Royals - New release, don't even group it into this
BRed XI - $260-$275 -- This is an XI christmas release and you can find a pair for $75 over retail. The XI is the barometer for resale value
Playoff XII - $240 - consistently $240 on the B/S.

XX8 - really, you're going to bring another new release in here? These probably drop down to $310-$335, which after taxes is again, you guessed it $35 - $60 over retail. Plus we don't even know the strategy on that. Many people expect them to restock these over and over again, but they wanted to get a sense of demand on the initial weekend and stir up hype by making them sell out.

Seriously guys, get a clue, other than Motorboat and DB IX, nothing from last year is consistently going for $100 over retail, let alone $150-$175!

I was going to stop as this was wasting my time. But, I just have to say one more thing. What you fail to get it is people like you are a small..very small percentage of the sneaker culture. I buy and trade watches. I flip them and make money. It's the same thing. These hobbies are all a game. The hunt is sometimes the best part of the game....

The sneaker culture is a game. You think having these 5am/8am releases, RSVP tweets, midnight releases, lottery system releases are NOT game? Are you kidding? You're naive and ignorant. More importantly, you're a bitter person that knows they have to wait 3 weeks for the shoe they want when people don't care for a second to drop an extra $50 or $100 or whatever to get the shoes they want now. You call people stupid, idiot and chumps for doing that. Are you kidding? Look yourself in the mirror and grow a pair. Don't insult people for buying something they want. You fail to get people don't think like you. And that really pisses you off. You're pissed that people do what they want to do, not what you do. Get a life man....

Now I am done. Thank god today was a holiday as I would have wasted hours discussing and educating.
hes mad because he cant afford this lifestyle. #ITCOSTTOBEABOSS. NOW PAY!

I'm bitter because I have to wait for three weeks (yet already have two pairs that aren't being sold or traded)? How does that make any sense? I don't even rock my purchases most of the time until months after they come out.

I'll continue insulting people who make it tougher on the rest of us to pay retail or TRUE market prices. I'll continue to piss on anyone who is out there stopping people from getting products they'll use and wear. It's not about having the extra money, it's having some principles, which hustlin CHUMPS just don't seem to care about.

Back
Top Bottom