Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

hes mad because he cant afford this lifestyle. #ITCOSTTOBEABOSS. NOW PAY!

I can't huh? Interesting that a couple recent joins think they know others and what they can afford. My collection of Jordans is about 70 pairs deep and I'm struggling? :rofl: Last night I had random people on here oogling my collection because it's so deep. I just want to see people who care about the shoes, their history and their meaning get them to wear at retail or a fair secondary market price, not take it in the butt from hustlers who amount this line of shoes with watches to flip for a buck.

I can't huh? Interesting that a couple recent joins think they know others and what they can afford. My collection of Jordans is about 70 pairs deep and I'm struggling?
roll.gif
Last night I had random people on here oogling my collection because it's so deep. I just want to see people who care about the shoes, their history and their meaning get them to wear at retail or a fair secondary market price, not take it in the butt from hustlers who amount this line of shoes with watches to flip for a buck.
Really man you can't pay attention to these guys on here with million dollar dreams. Trying to pimp the shoes and the history. They will all be reselling at cost in the next couple of months. I'm the point now where i just wait a couple months after Release Day and I can pretty much get retail or below in most cases because these guys are on to the next pipe dream. I laugh at these guys with 4 pairs of one release or claiming to be the next great collector but can't pull out one shoe that hasn't been release in the last 12-24 months.

Really man you can't pay attention to these guys on here with million dollar dreams. Trying to pimp the shoes and the history. They will all be reselling at cost in the next couple of months. I'm the point now where i just wait a couple months after Release Day and I can pretty much get retail or below in most cases because these guys are on to the next pipe dream. I laugh at these guys with 4 pairs of one release or claiming to be the next great collector but can't pull out one shoe that hasn't been release in the last 12-24 months.
I've been a member for 8 years in NT, and during this whole migration to a new NT site, I lost my id and had to get a new log in. I had been collecting Jordans back when I was 9. 1st pair were the 3s. And last OG pair I bought were the FLint 13s. I've bought retros here and there, but I am hardly part of the game because it has changed. Since I don't lurk on the boards much anymore and I know the same happened to Forward. I've done deals with him as he has always been fair. He's been around the block.

I can't speak for him, but a small percentage of you have this romantic nostalgia that things should be the same as it was back in 1989. It doesn't work that way and it hasn't worked that wa in a long time.  I am no longer a shoe collector, but 2-3x a year, I'll spring for a few pairs.  I'll admit I dropped $250 on the AFM 2013 Rayguns. I liked the shoes and paid more than retail. I dropped $320 on the 88 Cements. I do well for myself, and if I want to buy a pair of shoes I will buy a pair if I find it reasonable. I don't have time to wait in line or buy at 5am (i"m on west coast).  Doesn't make me stupid or an idiot. An extra $50 isn't a big deal for me.  Especially, when you see people dropping $2K for a pair of Yeezy's, I understand perspective.

I am not choosing sides, but I take exception when so called shoe hobbyists start calling people names because they aren't doing it the "right way."  There is no right way. The culture has evolved and people need to evolve or be bitter. I am an old guy (35) and I just don't have time to make this a hobby.

The Air Jordan Retro 3 '88 Basketball Shoes feature the classic silhouette of the Air Jordan 3 combined with old school branding on the heel in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Jordan's win in the 1988 Slam Dunk Contest. The Air Jordan 3 was a groundbreaking shoe for various features used in the Nike Air Jordan line up. This was the first Jordan designed by the legendary Tinker Hatfield, who would begin his series of Jordan designs III-XV. First, the Air Jordan 3 featured the "Jumpman" on the tongue of the shoe. This figure of Jordan was to celebrate and commemorate his Slam Dunk Contest win the previous year. Every Jordan since then has featured this Jumpman as a crucial part of the sneaker. Michael Jordan won the Slam Dunk contest, All Star MVP, All-Defensive First Team and Defensive Player of the Year, again and through all this success, he was wearing the Air Jordan 3. Adding "elephant print" on the toe box and heel was crucial setting Jordan's away from any sneaker competition.

Nike's marketing strategy was straightforward, put Michael and Spike Lee in commercials. After watching these groundbreaking yet humorous commercials, the sneaker would never be the same; setting the stage for Nike being able to produce purposeful yet fashionable statements through basketball shoes. The Retro 3 features an outsole consisting of rubber amid a modified circular pattern for traction, a rich full grain floater upper with nu-buck and synthetic leather elephant print. A TPR heel counter offers support and a changeable lacing system for a custom fit. The sculpted PU model employs a visible Max Air unit and Air is encapsulated in the forefoot.

Hey guys trying to help out a friend...he's looking for these in a 7.5 and we can't find them anywhere...not here, eBay, kixify. It's as if they don't even exist. Any ideas?
They did not make 7.5 in these shoes from my understanding. Mens started at a size 8. I am usually a 7.5 but since they did not make 7.5s, I took a chance and purchased a size 8 which was too large. So now I am on the hunt for a 7 in boys.....hopefully I will be able to fit that size comfortably.

Last edited:
According to Sneaker News these belong to DJ Clark Kent and were likely lasered with 50 at the ASG. Maybe a 50 pair run lasered with 50?

MJ could have turned 100, I actually couldn't care less. Nobody will ruin my shoes with some others dudes age on them. That is just plan homo if you ask me. 

Last edited:
MJ could have turned 100, I could actually care less. Nobody will ruin my shoes with some others dudes age on them. That is just plan homo if you ask me. 
Saying you could actually care less, technically means you actually care more.

It's actually "I couldn't care less.".

I was going to stop as this was wasting my time. But, I just have to say one more thing. What you fail to get it is people like you are a small..very small percentage of the sneaker culture. I buy and trade watches. I flip them and make money. It's the same thing. These hobbies are all a game. The hunt is sometimes the best part of the game....

The sneaker culture is a game. You think having these 5am/8am releases, RSVP tweets, midnight releases, lottery system releases are NOT game? Are you kidding? You're naive and ignorant. More importantly, you're a bitter person that knows they have to wait 3 weeks for the shoe they want when people don't care for a second to drop an extra $50 or $100 or whatever to get the shoes they want now. You call people stupid, idiot and chumps for doing that. Are you kidding? Look yourself in the mirror and grow a pair. Don't insult people for buying something they want. You fail to get people don't think like you. And that really pisses you off. You're pissed that people do what they want to do, not what you do. Get a life man....

Now I am done. Thank god today was a holiday as I would have wasted hours discussing and educating.
In reality, they are idiots. And you concur with that. You're just not going to articulate that in these fora because you're capitalizing on their naivete and their impetuousness. You need them to be that way to subsidize what has become a nice little cottage industry.

An "idiot," partly, is "a foolish person." "Foolish," by definition, is "lacking in sense, judgment or discretion."

Take a glance at the Royal I thread. Arguably any individual who would pay $350 to a reseller to wear an article of clothing that sold at retail for less than half that amount, and/or compulsively refresh every online international purchasing corridor known to man, to buy something that was manufactured for $2.80, is "lacking in sense, judgment or discretion."

But maybe that applies to me too because I paid $140.00 for them. Right? Hmmmm....

Anyway, I don't have any issues with resellers. This country is built on that type of enterprising spirit. I just feel for the people who submit to the will of the reseller. It's sad really.

I have the kind of shoe collection that people salivate over and I've NEVER paid more than retail for a single pair. I've just been in the game for a while and I've built contacts. And I have enough discipline to wait on what I didn't get, triple-up on what I can get, and endeavor to trade at appraised value instead of putting out actual cash for something.

Speaking of watches, I wear an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (9300 Calibre with the delightful Co-Axial Escapement). As you know, being a bit of a horologist yourself, people whose business it is to be impetuous, and who absent-mindedly waste money, tend not to wear that type of time piece. 

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze21

Is it a fair trade for 9/10 infra red 6s 00" for my 88 straight trade. What do u guys think

yes thats a good deal. but make sure the infrareds look good and not creased up

Thank you for the feedback

They did not make 7.5 in these shoes from my understanding. Mens started at a size 8. I am usually a 7.5 but since they did not make 7.5s, I took a chance and purchased a size 8 which was too large. So now I am on the hunt for a 7 in boys.....hopefully I will be able to fit that size comfortably.

Are you sure they didn't release them in a 7.5?

View media item 275788

I was going to stop as this was wasting my time. But, I just have to say one more thing. What you fail to get it is people like you are a small..very small percentage of the sneaker culture. I buy and trade watches. I flip them and make money. It's the same thing. These hobbies are all a game. The hunt is sometimes the best part of the game....

The sneaker culture is a game. You think having these 5am/8am releases, RSVP tweets, midnight releases, lottery system releases are NOT game? Are you kidding? You're naive and ignorant. More importantly, you're a bitter person that knows they have to wait 3 weeks for the shoe they want when people don't care for a second to drop an extra $50 or $100 or whatever to get the shoes they want now. You call people stupid, idiot and chumps for doing that. Are you kidding? Look yourself in the mirror and grow a pair. Don't insult people for buying something they want. You fail to get people don't think like you. And that really pisses you off. You're pissed that people do what they want to do, not what you do. Get a life man....

Now I am done. Thank god today was a holiday as I would have wasted hours discussing and educating.

In reality, they are idiots. And you concur with that. You're just not going to articulate that in these fora because you're capitalizing on their naivete and their impetuousness. You need them to be that way to subsidize what has become a nice little cottage industry.

An "idiot," partly, is "a foolish person." "Foolish," by definition, is "lacking in sense, judgment or discretion."

Take a glance at the Royal I thread. Arguably any individual who would pay $350 to a reseller to wear an article of clothing that sold at retail for less than half that amount, and/or compulsively refresh every online international purchasing corridor known to man, to buy something that was manufactured for $2.80, is "lacking in sense, judgment or discretion."

But maybe that applies to me too because I paid $140.00 for them. Right? Hmmmm....

Anyway, I don't have any issues with resellers. This country is built on that type of enterprising spirit. I just feel for the people who submit to the will of the reseller. It's sad really.

I have the kind of shoe collection that people salivate over and I've NEVER paid more than retail for a single pair. I've just been in the game for a while and I've built contacts. And I have enough discipline to wait on what I didn't get, triple-up on what I can get, and endeavor to trade at appraised value instead of putting out actual cash for something.

Speaking of watches, I wear a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (9300 Calibre with the delightful Co-Axial Escapement). As you know, being a bit of a horologist yourself, people whose business it is to be impetuous, and who absent-mindedly waste money, tend not to wear that type of timepiece.

Googled that watch. Beautiful time piece!

Back
Top Bottom