Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Well technically they were a limited release. You could only buy them online at a designated time and JB has no plans or re-releasing them in the US anytime soon.

Fine by me, I got my pair to rock and another pair to stock for when these become hard to come by.

To the guys with trade issues,

Get that mess outta here. I want this thread to stay open till at least 3/23.

Let's do the math here shall we?

-Original "limited" release ended up being quite a large amount of pairs available on multiple websites...check
-1500 to 1800 pairs available in-store during all star weekend...check
-"Restock" of all sizes on NDC a few weeks back...check
-Large pending overseas release with many online retailers participating...check

While we haven't seen a mass release in the US at most actual brick and mortar stores, all signs point to these being available again in some capacity.

While we haven't seen a mass release in the US at most actual brick and mortar stores, all signs point to these being available again in some capacity.
What signs are those? Or does enough wishful thinking eventually make something become a reality?

-Original "limited" release ended up being quite a large amount of pairs available on multiple websites...check
-Large pending overseas release with many online retailers participating...check

flawed logic that makes no sense whats so ever... check

Nike's Logic Principle: Nike > logic 

I think the Nike Air back on Air Jordan's has just started. It's an easy way to build back hype for recently released retros. If you think this is nuts what's gonna happen if we see Nike Air on a pair of IV's

Or any pair for that matter at this point. NA on anything is going to cause unnecessary pandemonium. I like the Jedi mind trick tho. Sell a product, change it to something slightly different (while slowly increasing the price), create hysterical demand for something originally sold (while still driving up the price). Why couldn't we just get what we originally had and call it a day? Guess it just shuoldn't be that logical and easy huh? It's like a variation of how they did snapback hats :lol:

Nike releases less than 500 pairs of Royals through their own channels, none on their own website. That makes no sense either. Releasing these online-only (and then having them show up in droves down in Houston) makes no sense either.

We should know by the 16 if these are actually going to show up in HOH in the U.S. or not. I still see little reason to limit the NA version if they're charging $200. Seems like the logical move is to sell as many pairs as possible, but as mentioned, Nike doesn't believe in logic.

Or any pair for that matter at this point. NA on anything is going to cause unnecessary pandemonium. I like the Jedi mind trick tho. Sell a product, change it to something slightly different (while slowly increasing the price), create hysterical demand for something originally sold (while still driving up the price). Why couldn't we just get what we originally had and call it a day? Guess it just shuoldn't be that logical and easy huh? It's like a variation of how they did snapback hats :lol:

But cats like you are the ones that help fuel the "pandamonium". These really weren't that tough to get online (and I'm not talking about the backdoor FNL purchases). If they released these in stores you may have even seen stock locates coming up with pairs across the country two weeks after. These sat in stores in parts of the country for a good month in 2011. If anything, I think the online only release was meant to preserve the false idea that an NA branded pair is exclusive and hard to get, in such higher demand. The reality is - and we saw it in this thread - the NA isn't a huge deal for a lot of people, especially those that have multiple pairs of the shoes and bought just 2 years ago.

Release the floodgates on NA and you'll probably see that while in demand, they really aren't much tougher than a regular GR of the non-NA version of the shoe. That's why I think we'll see 1 or 2 more NA pairs this year and probably with a controlled release like this, followed up by 2 or 3 next year. Keep it irregular enough that you can create a false sense of hype.

Last edited:
I would not say this was an easy cop. The perception on here is totally different than the reality offline. Most people on Niketalk copped because of dude dropping that back door link. If he doesn't do that the perception on Niketalk would be totally different. I know a ton of people where I live that struck out.

But cats like you are the ones that help fuel the "pandamonium". These really weren't that tough to get online (and I'm not talking about the backdoor FNL purchases). If they released these in stores you may have even seen stock locates coming up with pairs across the country two weeks after. These sat in stores in parts of the country for a good month in 2011. If anything, I think the online only release was meant to preserve the false idea that an NA branded pair is exclusive and hard to get, in such higher demand. The reality is - and we saw it in this thread - the NA isn't a huge deal for a lot of people, especially those that have multiple pairs of the shoes and bought just 2 years ago.

Release the floodgates on NA and you'll probably see that while in demand, they really aren't much tougher than a regular GR of the non-NA version of the shoe. That's why I think we'll see 1 or 2 more NA pairs this year and probably with a controlled release like this, followed up by 2 or 3 next year. Keep it irregular enough that you can create a false sense of hype.

Cats like me huh? People around here assume too much. How do you even know me to make such an assumption of who I am? First of all we need to stop pointing fingers at each other like you just did. No need for that. I made a statement from an observation. I've seen it first hand. I am not a part of any pandemonium, I laugh at it actually. At some point it just becomes silly. From the campouts to assinine complaints about details, to saltiness of striking out. I had no horse in this race. I'm perfectly content with my '03's and '11s. NA doesn't send me crazy like most on here. So exactly how do "cats like me" fuel the pandemonium. I just outlined how Nike/JB is selling you game and I see right through it. That **** don't fool me like it does y'all. Does it mean I won't like upcoming releases? No. I'll always love kicks, been here before the masses hopped on, will be here when they go away. But, please don't think I'm dumb enough to go along with Nike and their "strategic marketing games".

To UncleRuckus' point, yeah easy for NT people who were in the know w links, bots, etc. Like I said, I wouldn't know how easy/hard it was to cop because I didn't try at all. I just watched it all. Peace.

An online only release is always tough to get but factor in the circumstances of  Wednesday and 4:51 pm EST it made the release not only tough but also unusual. I got my pair thanks to the FNL backdoor link. It felt like they made most people jump through hoops to get a pair of these. The hype did seem artificial though probably because it is the same pair that was release 2 years ago minus the NA branding. I think in the future they will do in store releases for retros with the NA but it probably won't be shoes that retro'd only 2 years ago. 

Cats like me huh? People around here assume too much. How do you even know me to make such an assumption of who I am? First of all we need to stop pointing fingers at each other like you just did. No need for that. I made a statement from an observation. I've seen it first hand. I am not a part of any pandemonium, I laugh at it actually. At some point it just becomes silly. From the campouts to assinine complaints about details, to saltiness of striking out. I had no horse in this race. I'm perfectly content with my '03's and '11s. NA doesn't send me crazy like most on here. So exactly how do "cats like me" fuel the pandemonium. I just outlined how Nike/JB is selling you game and I see right through it. That **** don't fool me like it does y'all. Does it mean I won't like upcoming releases? No. I'll always love kicks, been here before the masses hopped on, will be here when they go away. But, please don't think I'm dumb enough to go along with Nike and their "strategic marketing games".

To UncleRuckus' point, yeah easy for NT people who were in the know w links, bots, etc. Like I said, I wouldn't know how easy/hard it was to cop because I didn't try at all. I just watched it all. Peace.

You're fueling false hype by claiming "NA on anything is going to cause unnecessary pandemonium." That is what happens on here all the time. People start believing a shoe is going to be so much tougher than it is or should be because they read it enough times.

You didn't even participate in the launch and you're making comments about how NA = unnecessary pandemonium. Unnecessary noise for sure, but the outcome of this release was that most people didn't get shut out. It wasn't that tough, and if you knew anyone in Houston willing to help you probably got a pair or two from there as well. This turned out to be one of the most anti-climactic releases in recent memory in terms of how tough it was vs how tough it was perceived to be.

You're fueling false hype by claiming "NA on anything is going to cause unnecessary pandemonium." That is what happens on here all the time. People start believing a shoe is going to be so much tougher than it is or should be because they read it enough times.

You didn't even participate in the launch and you're making comments about how NA = unnecessary pandemonium. Unnecessary noise for sure, but the outcome of this release was that most people didn't get shut out. It wasn't that tough, and if you knew anyone in Houston willing to help you probably got a pair or two from there as well. This turned out to be one of the most anti-climactic releases in recent memory in terms of how tough it was vs how tough it was perceived to be.

Ok granted I didn't try for these, but I can't make a conclusion about it? You saw the reaction when news hit about these. You're not new to this, so don't act like that "noise" doesn't account for anything. I've read on here countless times "if they put NA on ______ it would be crazy". Come on, dudes been crying for NA on these IIIs for years and you know this. Once again, I'm not fueling anything, I merely observe. We as a "community" do it to ourselves sadly enough. I never comment on the issue because it doesn't bother me either way, it never really has. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm creating pandemonium from observing and simply what our "community" reacts to. Now if I said "oh, copped x2" six months out, then yes that's adding to it unnecessarily. But, that's not me. All I said in effect was I see through their bs game and it's not a game I'm going to play. I can't speak on how others feel about it, but that's how I feel.

Seeing through the noise is always important. As soon as it was confirmed there were GS sizes, I knew this wasn't going to be in the Yeezy realm of tough (or Royals which seem to have had about 1/4 or less of the numbers of these) and that any noise out there would eventually be outweighed by the reality of a fairly large production run.

Last edited:
Seeing through the noise is always important. As soon as it was confirmed there were GS sizes, I knew this wasn't going to be in the Yeezy realm of tough (or Royals which seem to have had about 1/4 or less of the numbers of these) and that any noise out there would eventually be outweighed by the reality of a fairly large production run.

Of course when there are GS sizes you know there are going to be a lot, but given the landscape now, it doesn't make anything safe still. The Olive IX's sold out same day (that never happened before) and those terrible ashy shadow X's sold out, shadow X's! :lol:. That says a lot about your typical shoe consumer now. I see what you are saying about seeing GS sizes but everyone is running to everything now. My cousin texted me last week telling me, "dudes buy eeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvverrrrrrrrythiiiiiiin" (his words exactly) and he's not even on NT, so what is that telling you. We are our own "community" then on top of that, you got what I call the average joe sneaker consumer who isn't in the know and doesn't come here for info. This poses an all around problem in the grand scheme of getting what you want. You have pockets of those who cop easy, then you have those who strike out. I was in taht boat in '09 with the SJ release. I literally rolled over in bed and copped. I had no intention to, but changed my mind at the last minute. No problem, no issues. I went into the SJ thread not 5 minutes later, dudes were mad because the site crashed-and that was in '09. Much worse now. It's a crap shoot with online releases now and moreso with this whole bot situation.

Last edited:
I would not say this was an easy cop. The perception on here is totally different than the reality offline. Most people on Niketalk copped because of dude dropping that back door link. If he doesn't do that the perception on Niketalk would be totally different. I know a ton of people where I live that struck out.
Excellent point.

Me and my co-worker were totally ready for these on release day. We had all browsers open from noon on and when the timer hit zero, I was able to cop two pairs and he got ZERO. He literally sits right next to me and he stayed at his cubicle til 6:30 pm trying to add to his cart and then finally gave up and took the L. He was pissed that I able to get my two. So yeah, let's not act like this was the easiest purchase in Jordan history.

Last edited:
The way i struck out then my broad copped me a pair without knowing was a miracle from sweet baby jesus. But i can say that this release wasnt hard and wasnt easy, very moderate.

Excellent point.

Me and my co-worker were totally ready for these on release day. We had all browsers open from noon on and when the timer hit zero, I was able to cop two pairs and he got ZERO. He literally sits right next to me and he stayed at his cubicle til 6:30 pm trying to add to his cart and then finally gave up and took the L. He was pissed that I able to get my two. So yeah, let's not act like this was the easiest purchase in Jordan history.

Let's not act like it was the toughest either. That's my point. The hype on these just because of NA was a little overblown when you look back at the lead-up to the launch. It ended up being easier than people expected. Is there any denying that? I have been in this thread since post #1, and the expectation was that these would be nearly impossible. They weren't. Backdoor link or not, a lot of people got pairs, on NT and off. I'm just saying this release proved the NA hype is overblown. If Nike wants to keep releasing pairs again with NA 2 years after they dropped without it, they will sell but it isn't going to make them any tougher than any other release if the numbers are there. An online launch keeps the mystery alive about numbers, and helps create a false sense of true limitedness.

Back
Top Bottom