Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

How would that box complete the "OG" package for 3s when it didn't come out until at least 5 years after they originally released?

That box as first used with the '96 Black/Red 11's. 8 years after the 3's released. That box makes no sense to come with the 3's.

But of course new collectors don't knw their history well. They just buy.

LMAO
laugh.gif

Last edited:
That box as first used with the '96 Black/Red 11's. 8 years after the 3's released. That box makes no sense to come with the 3's.

Lol i dont know the history like you guys but i figured they came from the mid 90's.

i really like how the air jordan retros (early models anyway) now come in original-style retro boxes
personally would have had it this way from the start (& used og style box on the '94 & all the rest up till now...yes...that means i coulda done w/o retro cards etc)

the black trash bag plastic wrap paper in the retro aj 4 boxes recently is a nice touch for example

even though some of the original boxes were pretty flimsy (although the late '90s silver boxes that crossed into retros were the most sturdy in my opinion)

Last edited:
FOR THOSE SAYING THAT BOX IS FAKE..PLEASE DO NOT INSULT ME I NEVER WEAR OR SELL FAKE SHOES. THEY WERE PURCHASED FROM NIKE.COM UK RELEASE..MY BOY WHOS ADDRESS I USE TO ORDER FROM THE SITE EVEN CALLED ME TO ASK ABOUT THE BOX BECAUSE HIS PAIRS FROM FOOTLOCKER UK AND NIKETOWN LONDON CAME IN THE NORMAL JORDAN 3 BOX...NOT THE OG STYLED BOX I RECEIVED. THE BOX ISNT ACTUALLY OG ITS A BRAND NEW BOX JUST STYLED TO LOOK LIKE THE OG NIKE BOXES. HERE IS MY INVOICES AND ORDER CONFIRMATION FOR PROOF SMH
View media item 347004View media item 347006

BRO THIS IS SO WEIRD, I EVEN CALLED NIKE UK CUSTOMER SERVICE THIS MORNING AND THE REP AND MANAGER SAID THAT THE ORANGE BOX IS ONE THEY USE BUT DID NOT HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THEM BEING USED FOR THE 88 RELEASE ON THE 23RD...THEY SAID THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE CAME IN THE NORMAL CEMENT 3 BOX. I GOT 8 PAIRS SO ILL KNOW TOM WHAT BOXES THE OTHERS CAME IN

Last edited:
Prob ran out of boxes or just used one in place of a damaged one, some kids from Fnl got the old black Jordan box 2006 like on their 88's

I disagree, no way these are underrated.
Underrated in the sense that most the general population aren't aware they even released. Those non sneakerheads that only buy after they seen worn by others. I've hardly seen these on feet in large metro area, once Summer comes and more people start wearing them, watch out.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing but theres 3 or 4 "Sneakerheads" who wish it came with that "OG" box

Sneaker Culture 2013 folks

Im dyin right now lol

thanks NT

Ok I see what your saying.

Man that avy OMG
laugh.gif
Careful, if you stare too long they will get the best of you

I actually uploaded pics of the OG XI Breds for another user for his birthday cake, which was the first time Nike ever used the box, pretty sure guy is trolling but that box is a classic regardless

Back
Top Bottom