Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

I'm 170 and 6"0 10% body fat..
laugh.gif

The leather steamer probably works magic. However that is a lot to do to kicks every couple of wears. I would end up running a dry cleaner if I had to do that to all my kicks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are people using different insoles for their 3s and 4s? Does it actually prevent paint cracking on the midsole? And which one do you guys suggest purchasing?
I've bought 3 pairs of shoes since I started using them and they are working well for me so far. Gel insoles, i dont take out the original, just put the gel one on top of it.
laugh.gif

The leather steamer probably works magic. However that is a lot to do to kicks every couple of wears. I would end up running a dry cleaner if I had to do that to all my kicks!!
...hardly! you must be overweight if you think 170 is thin.

Fire reds I beat into the ground.. breds have had under 10 wears.. 88s and crimsons around about 10. Maybe its just the 4s that hate me but the 3s I used with the insoles and as you can see they are looking decent.

Thanks man. I take good care of my stuff. I wipe them down with Jason Markk after every 3-4 wears. To help minimize the creasing on the toe box I use sneaker shields when i wear them out. Before I put them away for the day/night, I'll stuff a sock or two in and quickly run my clothes steamer over the toe box. My reasoning for the steamer is this: The steam will soften the leather enough for the socks to "push out" the creasing. Then when it cools it holds its shape; kind of like how plastic forms when warm then holds it's shape as it cools down. However, I don't let it get hot enough to break the glue.
Yea my friend uses the Jason Markk as well.  Steaming the creases out though, that is genius!  Thanks for sharing.

What's a good/decent "resell" price range to buy these at? I'm just being realistic because there is no chance to get them at retail currently.

They are $580 over here on eBay, lol. They RETAILED at $250!.. snap that **** up, the price is only going in one direction from here.

Last edited:
received my pair from NDC, worth the money and waking up at 3am to go to my work for fast/steady internet. Quality of this pair is amazing.

is this the most expensive (retail) jordans so far? 
[/quote]
no

so on the first release, i got one pair from NDC and one from FNL.... the pair from FNL had glue marks and part of the black looked like it rubbed against something but it was just JB quality issues. i gave my NDC pair to my friend cuz he wanted the alot more than i did....

got my pair from NDC yesterday with no flaws... im impressed, these are staying in my collection forever.... or at least til they release NIKE AIR BC3s lol 

I finally got home, and was able to see my 88s (from NDC)!

They look beautiful and feel very robust in hand and on foot: I have been wearing them around the house after I put in a set of inserts (mine run larger than most of the other size 10's that I have).  The print is the perfect thickness, and it is uniform across both shoes, the leather is gorgeous and feels great.  I am very happy with the quality of these!

The imperfections on mine are:

They have that 'factory crease" on the toe box, but it is barely noticeable.

There appears to be some midsole paint that is on the leather in one area, reaching up about 1/2" from the midsole on the inner left shoe.

The is one small area where the paint on the midsole looks less evenly distributed than the other areas, thus a little 'less white.'

The Nike Air on the left shoe looks a HAIR of center, although thankfully not at all crooked. Barely noticeable.

The 'I' on right side was missing a little bit of black paint- I dabbed it with a sharpie and can't tell the difference.

The one larger issue was that there was a large clump of glue under the insole of the right shoe.  I mean, if felt like there was a rock in the shoe.  When I tried to take out the factory insole, i realized that it was glued to the shoe.  It took me a while to work it out, but it was STUCK in there.  I eventually got it, and used a knife to shave and pull the glob of glue from the bottom of the insole.  It was very sticky stuff and the whole time I was worried that I was going to tear the foam of the insole.  Here's a couple pics:

Other than that , I have absolutely no complaints, am VERY happy to have the shoe and can't wait to wear them on my next work trip to SF.

Thanks to all for the helpful maintenance tips over the course of this thread, as well as everything else!

Last edited:
Got mine from eastbay. I think I have the same problem with the prints not matching, factory creases (small, barely noticeable), the elephant print seems to have rubbed off in some spots which is weird, and a few minor paint flaws. Nothing major at all, and I'm just blessed to have gotten my pair. GL to anybody looking.

The cement prints are all cut from different fabrics, so none of the prints are really going to match up. I feel like this has been said over 10 times now in this thread

The cement prints are all cut from different fabrics, so none of the prints are really going to match up. I feel like this has been said over 10 times now in this thread

I say 100x's. Yet, people still look for every detail about grey markets. I'm trying to tell you no two shoes are the exact same. And if you ask me, JB did this on purpose to tell the difference between the fakes. Notice how it is always the right shoe elephant print that is off.

10 times? son try close to 500 times :lol:

Finally pulled the trigger on a pair @  $310 shipped.  With the rumored releases for the rest of the year only yielding one other pair I'm interested in it made it a bit easier to bite the bullet.

Good price considering that they're going for like $380 on ebay and $450 - $500 on flight club.

Back
Top Bottom