Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

not my cup of tea but the custom itself is not horrible but if hes happy thats all that counts, i dunno why people wear what others like or ask if others think its cool, if i customize a shoe its because I WANT IT THAT WAY and i dont even ask my wife if it looks ok cuz she can kick rocks to if she doesnt like em

For 30 wears, those 88's look amazing.  Any tips/tricks you care to share?
Thanks man. I take good care of my stuff. I wipe them down with Jason Markk after every 3-4 wears. To help minimize the creasing on the toe box I use sneaker shields when i wear them out. Before I put them away for the day/night, I'll stuff a sock or two in and quickly run my clothes steamer over the toe box. My reasoning for the steamer is this: The steam will soften the leather enough for the socks to "push out" the creasing. Then when it cools it holds its shape; kind of like how plastic forms when warm then holds it's shape as it cools down. However, I don't let it get hot enough to break the glue.

I think the kam defense is hilarious, nobody remembers how he had dudes riding down on finish line for like a week straight looking for invisible royals.

I was hoping JB was going to do the right thing and bless us with bc3 88's but I saw some terrible pictures earlier showing the direction the idiots at nike are probably going to go.
View media item 433125
smh, and ppl are going bananas for em'. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad shoe... It's just not the o.g.s and if your gonna play with tht color way go og or nothing.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I take good care of my stuff. I wipe them down with Jason Markk after every 3-4 wears. To help minimize the creasing on the toe box I use sneaker shields when i wear them out. Before I put them away for the day/night, I'll stuff a sock or two in and quickly run my clothes steamer over the toe box. My reasoning for the steamer is this: The steam will soften the leather enough for the socks to "push out" the creasing. Then when it cools it holds its shape; kind of like how plastic forms when warm then holds it's shape as it cools down. However, I don't let it get hot enough to break the glue.

Not trying to offend anyone, but how much do you guys weigh if you're cracking your midsoles?

I've never seen this happen on my shoes. I weigh 165 lbs. and wear a 10.5.

Last edited:
Not trying to offend anyone, but how much do you guys weigh if you're cracking your midsoles?

no offense taken, i've asked the same thing before myself; i am surely bigger than you, but i don't weigh that much, not fat like a hippo
& to be clear (for others) - the midsole itself isn't cracking - it is the paint

& furthermore, every pair of white-cement 3's i've ever owned eventually had paint chipping on the midsole (88, 94, 03, 11, 13)
the 2007-2009 aj3 retros probably exhibited the worst chipping - but the white-cement 3 escaped that method & time period

i just don't tippy-toe around when i wear them

let me give a positive example of how paint chipping in itself isn't always a bad thing:

say you copped a pair of 99 4's in 99...and you tippy-toed around in them keeping them fresh at all times...
most likely, if you still have them, they would be unwearable today because the midsole was never compressed...

now, say you copped a pair of 99 4's in 99...and you kinda stomped around in them from time to time & eventually
they exhibited paint chipping on the midsole, so you re-painted them...this pair is a way better candidate to hold up
and be wearable still to this day because the spongy pu midsole is compressed & more solid

Last edited:
received my pair from NDC, worth the money and waking up at 3am to go to my work for fast/steady internet. Quality of this pair is amazing.

is this the most expensive (retail) jordans so far? 

It would not have mattered. I was only late on the link by 30 seconds and I did not get a pair

Its sickening.... restocks do not matter if there are people hoarding pairs to either resell or just let rot in a closet.... I couldnt get a pair either time. First time i was on there immediately when they launched the first time thinking i would get a pair lmao nope struck out and the restock i overslept by 30 minutes and had no chance.. like, i was begging to spend the outrageous ticket of 200 on the retail and STILL couldnt get them.. we are getting charged 40 bucks for the NA on the back and still have to get lucky to own a pair for under 400 dollars.... ahhhh!! :smh: >: :x :rolleyes

Its sickening.... restocks do not matter if there are people hoarding pairs to either resell or just let rot in a closet.... I couldnt get a pair either time. First time i was on there immediately when they launched the first time thinking i would get a pair lmao nope struck out and the restock i overslept by 30 minutes and had no chance.. like, i was begging to spend the outrageous ticket of 200 on the retail and STILL couldnt get them.. we are getting charged 40 bucks for the NA on the back and still have to get lucky to own a pair for under 400 dollars.... ahhhh!! :smh: >: :x :rolleyes
I just took my L man, I'm not crazy enough to pay for more than retail.

laugh.gif
 Good luck getting a respone

My midsoles haven't cracked on these so far but on all of my 4's they have. I'm 170 and 6"0 10% body fat..so yeah I clearly shouldn't be cracking shoes :tongue:  on my bred 4s only one of the shoes cracked...so i have no idea the logic behind all of it. it could be because i live in the cold that the midsole doesnt get much bend from the weather/heat. I've started wearing insoles ontop of them and my pairs since then havent cracked...yet

Why are people using different insoles for their 3s and 4s? Does it actually prevent paint cracking on the midsole? And which one do you guys suggest purchasing?

Back
Top Bottom