Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

so, as someone with the wear your shoes philosophy, i'll answer...yes the white paint on the heel of the midsoles has the hairline cracks in it that will eventually lead to chipping & flaking

i noticed some compression lines on the inside of the midsoles after a bunch of wears, but the paint is still intact in that area (the thick white part of the inside of the midsole where 3's often start to show paint chipping)

summary: even though i see this happening on my pair, it doesn't necessarily mean it will happen on your pair
overall i would say the paint job on these is the same or slightly better than the 2011 white cement 3

i've worn them for casual use only

View media item 438951View media item 438952

PS - i am neither disappointed nor surprised so i debated posting this cause some will take it the wrong way as a complaint & others will unfortunately be turned off by this release in part due to the evidence i presented

if you really like the nike air jordan 3 white-cement 3 - then don't let this alone discourage you from copping a pair

beasts - check dat 'matching' ele, yo

edit: this pair came from eastbay, purchased on original release date
Y

Thanks. to me that doesnt look bad at all.. was more so worried about where colors meet on midsoles . This does stray me away. Still going to cop a 3rd

What's the current going price for these in sz10.5 and 5.5y? I need a pair of each. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been offered the 5.5 at 300 and the Sz 10.5 for 375-400. Seems high to me however I'm not up to date on the prices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
D

That's roughly what they're priced at on CL, eBay, & Kixify etc. That doesn't mean that's what people are paying though. In Houston where we got an as* ton, I've seen them sell for $250 on a FB group. If I were you, expect to pay between $300-$325, but you may have to look a little. Although i've heard of a few pairs selling for $475/500. I know I probably wouldn't sell my 10.5 for any less than $350/$400, but that's only because the 3 is one of my favorite Js and the Nike Air on the back just makes it that much sweeter.

Kinda random, but my friend customized his cement 3s to the Area 72 theme. I love em', but was curious on your guys opinions. I'm trying to get him some constructive criticism so he can knows what he can work on.

Last edited:
Quote:
Lol somebody just tried to scam me for my 88s this is what they said

I so much appreciate your reply back to my email..What's the final asking price of the item? I'm an honest and straight person and always want to be treat the same way, Please are you sure of the item condition? this is only what can make me worried, cause I will not be able to come over and look at it, I'm an Oceanographer and I am buying this item for my Cousin in oversea, i am at sea right now,and I can only pay through Pay-pal and you can put the Pay-pal charges on me because as at present, I don't have access to my bank account online,but i have it attached to my Pay-pal account,and That's why am using Pay-pal payment to pay you, all i will need is y our pay-pal email address to make the payments i have a pick upagent that will be coming for the pick up, after payments has been sorted and will also handle the paper works. Where is the exact location for the pick up? So that I can contact the pick up agent with your location to know how much it will cost me for the pick up,the pick up agent still have some other stuffs to pick up for me, I will be looking forward to hear back from you Asap. Also, you are to get back to me with your Pay Pal email address and your cell Phone with your full name as you have it on Pay Pal.

Be careful people
You must be new to Craigslist.

Quote:
ppl who wear consistently, any cracks or anything similar?
Got my pair from Release Day, so I've worn them plenty of times (at least 30). I'm not afraid to wear my shoes. Once even running around at a car event for the day (I'm a videographer). No cracks or chips on the paint and barely any creasing on the toe box. There are very thin creases on the inner midsoles; barley noticeable.

You be the judge of how these are holding up:

Worst creasing is inner right toe box. And it's still not that bad.

Nothing on the outside midsoles.

Slight creasing on the inner midsoles, but I don't think it will actually crack here.

Quote:
anybody have their 88s midsole crACK YET?
See above.

Quote:
so, as someone with the wear your shoes philosophy, i'll answer...yes the white paint on the heel of the midsoles has the hairline cracks in it that will eventually lead to chipping & flaking

i noticed some compression lines on the inside of the midsoles after a bunch of wears, but the paint is still intact in that area (the thick white part of the inside of the midsole where 3's often start to show paint chipping)

summary: even though i see this happening on my pair, it doesn't necessarily mean it will happen on your pair
overall i would say the paint job on these is the same or slightly better than the 2011 white cement 3

i've worn them for casual use only

PS - i am neither disappointed nor surprised so i debated posting this cause some will take it the wrong way as a complaint & others will unfortunately be turned off by this release in part due to the evidence i presented

if you really like the nike air jordan 3 white-cement 3 - then don't let this alone discourage you from copping a pair

beasts - check dat 'matching' ele, yo
edit: this pair came from eastbay, purchased on original release date
Wow, that looks pretty bad. You must be hard on your heels when walking...? And Lol @ the elephant print comment. You're probably right on that.

^joe, thanks for enjoying the spoiler...

you must wear those sneaker shields or something because i never have & the toeboxes on my sneakers always crease up more than your pictured pair, after just a couple wears (unless mesh or something)

ya know, those sneaker shields &/or walking as to not crease the toebox is a good way to develop plantar fasciitis - no joke, not good for the feet at all

and it's better to wear the midsoles down a little (compression) if you plan on keeping them wearable for a long time, trust that info (even with the newer pu)

Last edited:
Kinda random, but my friend customized his cement 3s to the Area 72 theme. I love em', but was curious on your guys opinions. I'm trying to get him some constructive criticism so he can knows what he can work on.

no need for a long-winded response...
a bastardization, i don't even think a pro could make that colorway come out looking good

but also, they look bad, all sloppy & shiny
& were they even originally '88s?

Last edited:
What's the current going price for these in sz10.5 and 5.5y? I need a pair of each. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been offered the 5.5 at 300 and the Sz 10.5 for 375-400. Seems high to me however I'm not up to date on the prices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Worked with someone on Kixify this weekend and got a pair for $310 shipped.  In my mind this week is probably going to be as good as it gets with pricing on the adult pairs (barring another restock) as folks get their pairs from this latest restock.  Should be more competition on the open market leading to the folks that want to move their pairs fast to bring their prices down a bit, but don't look for too many sub-300 pairs if any.  I have no idea what to expect for the 5.5y though.

Why :smh:

sick.gif

Your friend's an idiot.

^joe, thanks for enjoying the spoiler...

you must wear those sneaker shields or something because i never have & the toeboxes on my sneakers always crease up more than your pictured pair, after just a couple wears (unless mesh or something)

ya know, those sneaker shields &/or walking as to not crease the toebox is a good way to develop plantar fasciitis - no joke, not good for the feet at all

and it's better to wear the midsoles down a little (compression) if you plan on keeping them wearable for a long time, trust that info (even with the newer pu)
Yes, you're actually correct.I forgot to mention Sneaker Shields and Footprint Insoles (made for skaters). I don't use the insoles to minimize creasing/chipping as most people primarily buy them for; I use them for comfort. I have no idea if insoles actually help or not. Some people claim they do, others have seen chipping with them. So.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I only use the Sneaker Shield on this pair of shoes. They fit .5 size bigger than any of my other Jordans so with the shields and insole, they fit perfectly. I spent a good amount of time trimming them so I can't even feel them in there and get no irritation at all. I can wear the shoes all day and never notice them in there.

dem wannabe area 72 jordan 3 have to be fake. and da poster failed at trolling. jus lok at da sharpie elephant print. SMH. no bueno 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom