Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

I started with 3 pair, traded them all away, now I'm debating trading my worn once size 13 2000 concord XI for then. Honest opinion would be appreciated.
buy a 2011 jordan release and save your xi's. One of the grails of grails for some re-tagged nike air 2011 re-release.

I'm seeing neon orange, white, and black used. Anyone who got their pairs direct from a retailer, Nike, Finishline, Footlocker, Footaction, please let me know what color the stitching is under the insoles of the 88s

Ok called nike and found out they used different stitching at different factories and for different retailers. Ranging from neon orange, white, black, and gray.

View media item 465791

Played 4 games in them so far. Worn casually wround 10 times. Really happy with how they are holding up. Yeah they're creased but thats going to happen. People stop me all the time making offers to buy them on the spot but I will never sell. Love them.
someone who actually wears jordans to ball in

View media item 466291

props to you bro.

i agree props :lol:

they look good on the court but i hope your wearing different insoles :lol:

Check Out my Reviews!

I'm seeing neon orange, white, and black used. Anyone who got their pairs direct from a retailer, Nike, Finishline, Footlocker, Footaction, please let me know what color the stitching is under the insoles of the 88s

Why u so worried about stitching? There are crazy GM pairs floating around. Bunch of BigCartel sites have FSR's for around $300. be careful, unless u don't give a **** about having GM shoes.

Why u so worried about stitching? There are crazy GM pairs floating around. Bunch of BigCartel sites have FSR's for around $300. be careful, unless u don't give a **** about having GM shoes.

88 "GM" pairs look very off, you should be able to easily tell if its legit or not.

88 "GM" pairs look very off, you should be able to easily tell if its legit or not.
everything else about the shoe looks on point, i just know that fakes are getting a lot better these days. I'm "so concerned about stitching" because i want to make sure theyre 100% legit. wouldnt you want to make sure of that?

Love this shoe, wear mine all the time. Real comfortable and they are holding up great, no cracks or signs of wear really at all. Light creasing on the toe box but I think they look good with it. Real happy I was able to grab a pair of these.

the quality of the 88s actually shows as compared to the 2011 retros which used to paint crack and chip like crazy. 

I hate to say it but i'm not satisfied with the quality of the paint on the midsoles of these. I wore my pair 4 times casually for a couple of times on each wear just walking outside no running or sports. Already both shoes ARE DEFINITELY showing signs of cracking all around the midsoles.Very dissapointed...same type of quality basically that are on the 2011 true Blues. I didnt switch my insoles or nothing like that on my 88's which I hear a lot of people talking about...I just wore em' with the regular insoles that came with the shoes. The cracking is
not too serious at all, but after 4 wears it's a shame that there even are signs of cracking.|I

I felt happy and lucky that I was able to get my pair from NDC on 02/06/13 for retail price instead of resellers prices, but at the same time for $217.75, I expect better quality. I shouldn't have to worry about cracking on my midsoles after a couple of wears but unfortunately there is. VERY Dissapointed with JB quality - wise.It's too dark out to take pics now to post but I AM going to take a few pics and post them up in the late morning or early afternoon to show the cracking I've got on my paint.:smh:

everything else about the shoe looks on point, i just know that fakes are getting a lot better these days. I'm "so concerned about stitching" because i want to make sure theyre 100% legit. wouldnt you want to make sure of that?

The stitching under the shoe isn't the best way to determine if you have a GM pair, it's actually a very inaccurate way, because all the stitching is different. There are 3-4 very easy ways to tell if you have a GM pair. if you have a straight $70 straight replica you should know the second u look at them. I never have to rely on anyone for legit checks because I off hand educate myself on the grey and replica markets. YouTube has great comparison videos and reviews of both authentic and replicas. There is even side by side photos floating around with the differences circled. If they are that close, that your resorting to the stitching under the midsole, I would rest easy. lol, that's a little OD. I'm sure you're fine. It's a lot easier to post a legit check than call Nike asking about thread counts and colors.

The elephant print on the GM pairs is more yellowish grey and the embossed print is much fatter and darker. The perforations on the tongue aren't as clearly punched on GM pairs. And the Nike Air on the insole the font is off and not lined up correctly. Lastly, the laces are super super white and the tumble leather and sock liner is more of a cream white on the GM, the authentic pair the laces match the leather much better.

Are most people wearing spenco insoles with theirs to prevent cracking? I've worn mine once and nothing so far...but I'm thinking about buying a pair. Do you guys wear them on top of the current insole or replace it with the spenco?

Thickness of print has nothing to do with legit, non-legit, or grey market......

Back
Top Bottom