Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Finally got my pair for $300 shipped from a fellow NTer. I have to say (aside from random sticky glue in places) the quality is better than any Jordan this year. Not that hard white leather like on all the 5s or on the fire red threes. These are nice and soft tumbled leather. It was worth $100 over retail and worth the wait.

I got my pair earlier this week and have been wearing almost every day.  I have a feeling I'm going to turn these into beaters....will try my best not to.  These joints are f'n hot. 
smokin.gif

I got my pair earlier this week and have been wearing almost every day.  I have a feeling I'm going to turn these into beaters....will try my best not to.  These joints are f'n hot. 
smokin.gif
That's what happened to my pair.  Wore them so much those are actually my beaters now.  Luckily, my lady bought me an extra pair.  

Everybody got me bugging about these fakes floating around, definitely looking to lock a pair down, but hate having to sort through the fakes

Last edited:
Finally got my pair for $300 shipped from a fellow NTer. I have to say (aside from random sticky glue in places) the quality is better than any Jordan this year. Not that hard white leather like on all the 5s or on the fire red threes. These are nice and soft tumbled leather. It was worth $100 over retail and worth the wait.
The Fire Red 3's DO NOT have hard leather.  Do you even own a pair?

The Fire Red 3's DO NOT have hard leather.  Do you even own a pair?

I second that my fr3s and 88s seem to have the same soft white leather (coated of course)

Agreed. My FRs and 88s are similar if not same materials. If anything my FRs are better quality because of the inconsistent EP on my 88s. Sounds like someone is just trying to justify spending $300 on a pair of shoes...

Agreed. My FRs and 88s are similar if not same materials. If anything my FRs are better quality because of the inconsistent EP on my 88s. Sounds like someone is just trying to justify spending $300 on a pair of shoes...

100% agree i will post some high quality comparison pics of the two later today.

Inconsistent elephant has nothing to do with quality. That's quality control or how they were made.

Inconsistent elephant has nothing to do with quality. That's quality control or how they were made.

Not sure what distinction you're trying to make. But if poor quality gets through quality control, that's poor quality. Regardless, in no way are my 88s better quality than my FRs. I did have to return one pair of FRs for crappy midsole paint. The pair I kept are straight though.

This.

The EP being completely mismatching still has me salty about the 88s. The FRs i have are damn near perfect

Mismatched elephant print and glue stains have been an issue since the originals.

Not sure what you're trying to say?

Some people act like all of these quality "problems" are new....

Not sure what you're trying to say?

Some people act like all of these quality "problems" are new....

Is english your second language?

Quality problems will suck regardless of how long they have been happening

Sounds like most jordan enthusiasts have just become complacent with the quality. For 200$ I expected a flawless pair and got two pairs that looked completely different.

Hasn't EP usually been inconsistent tho? I've never really heard people complain about the EP being inconsistent till I got on NT

Hasn't EP usually been inconsistent tho? I've never really heard people complain about the EP being inconsistent till I got on NT

Yeah, and some match better than others. Luckily, I got 88s with fairly close EP, but some people have posted pics of one side having bold and the other thin. So some look more off than others. FR3 had dark EP so even if it was mismatched its harder to see, I'm sure some of those are off too.

But comparatively, I would say the materials used on the two are definitely different. The legit 88s have a soft lightly gloss coated material, whereas the FR3 has an obvious synthetic leather with a lot of pu coating. One of the major retailers actually had synthetic leather listed as the upper material when they released.

Is english your second language?

Quality problems will suck regardless of how long they have been happening

Sounds like most jordan enthusiasts have just become complacent with the quality. For 200$ I expected a flawless pair and got two pairs that looked completely different.

If the originals had the same problems what makes you think a company that has raised the price and lowered quality gonna give you matching elephant print?

Back
Top Bottom