Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

A shiny, poor quality sneaker relying on the Nike Air as the selling point.

2003> these.
I have a buddy that says the exact same thing. Regardless if there is no nike air on the back he swears by the materials being superior. He's got 3-4 pairs of the 2003 and no 88s.

If the materials do go back to early 2000s I will be all over every JB release. My white and mochas' leather is a lot nicer than my 88s but I still bought a second pair of 88s.

Anyone who thinks that the 2013 is better than 2003 pair need to take a better look. The only thing the 2013's have on the 2003's is the Nike Air branding. Quality should not in be question. Don't get me wrong, the quality of the 2013's was very solid. I also own two pairs of the 2003's, 1 pair of 2011's and a pair of 2013's. But of all the retros, 1994's come out on top.

View media item 666593Old pic that I took a couple years ago. Don't mind the other sneakers.

View media item 666591
I love the white cement 3 colorway. Easily my favorite colorway for this model. With all said, I am glad this retro came out with the Nike Air branding so I do not have to search for 1994's in which will most likely crack and crumble by wearing them.

Last edited:
The 2003 are superior to the 2013 in terms of comfort and quality. My 2003 leather has aged and creased so nicely over the years and I hoop in them. The only downside to the 2003 is that the heel tab has yellowed but it will happen to the 2013 too.

I've never liked this cw as much as the FR IIIs for some reason. Idk but these are still a clean cw surprised people are still talking about the quality tho. Seems like that talk would've been done a long time ago

The 3 will always be one of the better models. These and true blues are the best looking cws. Fr is nice. Bc is more versatile and wearable.

All the talk about quality, how do you guys feel about the Motorsport 6s I think that leather was up there as well

Nah, I only own the 2003 pair. I've seen the 2013 in person though.

Let's see how long your 2003's last buddy

I'll never understand why people complain about sneakers they don't have and claim to don't want. You made your choice already..

Last edited:
Was hoping they'd release the BC 88s but since thats not happening I'm just gonna get the heel tab customized.

Any ideas on which year BC i should get???

Let's see how long your 2003's last buddy

I'll never understand why people complain about sneakers they don't have and claim to don't want. You made your choice already..
My 2003s are doing great.  They are completely wearable. This is common knowledge, and something you would know if you ever owned a pair. 

I'll never understand why people think certain pairs are unwearable. It shows that they don't know what they are talking about. You want to see how long they last? They been lasting over the past TEN YEARS and still no problems. I STILL  wear them to THIS DAY. lol

I have no reason to want a pair of 2013s. I wear my 2003's all the time and they are in excellent shape. 

Last edited:
My 2003s are doing great.  They are completely wearable. This is common knowledge, and something you would know if you ever owned a pair. 

I'll never understand why people think certain pairs are unwearable. It shows that they don't know what they are talking about. You want to see how long they last? They been lasting over the past TEN YEARS and still no problems. I STILL  wear them to THIS DAY. lol

I have no reason to want a pair of 2013s. I wear my 2003's all the time and they are in excellent shape. 

:lol:

Dude I still have my 1994's

and 1994's > your 2003's

They will crumble and they aren't lasting forever. So enjoy :D

That is one ironic post. Preaching how 2003s are unwearable and you mention 1994's. THOSE are unwearable.

I've been wearing my 2003s for over 10 years. I still wear them to this day with ZERO problems. But they are DEFINITELY going to crumble even though they have been in excellent shape for the past ten years, and have shown no signs of detereoration whatsoever . That's gotta be true! lol

I never said the 2003's were better than the 1994's. I don't know what your point is on that one. 

Last edited:
Why are you worried about what other people pay?
ok lets put it this way since you didnt think about it, if a number of people are (for some reason) willing to pay $500 for a shoe and it becomes the average selling price it affects everyone who wants the shoe and is annoying since the shoe shouldnt be worth that much ever. How do you not see that people willing to pay rape to ressellers isnt affecting everyone who loves collecting shoes or wants a pair to wear? i dont understand how you dont understand or anyone for that matter. If everyone stuck to their guns and only wanted to pay what they actually are worth quality to attachment to the shoe wise then we wouldnt have shoes selling for $1000 which never happened until recently regardless of the shoe and dont try to say that shoe prices were ever even close to what they are now. If you pay ridiculous prices for shoes congrats to feeding the beast and making shoes that arent worth 1/10th of what some people pay unattainable to people who actually want them and dont have a stack to waste on a shoe. i dont care what you spend on something its just the sheer number of people willing to do it that drives me nuts.

Classic shoe, just beautiful...
happy.gif

laugh.gif

Dude I still have my 1994's

and 1994's > your 2003's

They will crumble and they aren't lasting forever. So enjoy
happy.gif
Oh, and one more thing. Your 1994's aren't "greater than" my 2003's. So you have an unwearable pair of 1994's. Congratulations. I'd love to see what condition they're in. Probably look like throw up.
sick.gif

I'd rather have my 2003's over your crusty unwearable 1994's any day of the week.

My 2003's> your unweareable 1994's.

the 2003 retro is arguably the most comfortable of all the white-cement 3 releases including the original 88 & 94 retro as i've had all of them
the 2003 cushioning is superior while the leathers are still pretty good

but with my opinion being said - if i had to pick only 1 release of them all - i'd pick the 2013 88 retro...over a pair of '03's...dat Nike Air

Last edited:
The leathers on the early 2000's are so soft and durable. My 03's were worn to the ground till the bottoms had no traction. The upper was still in perfect condition. The '88 are pretty soft and not bad either.

Still wanting a 2nd pair of '13s.. Keep em in regular rotation. No doubt there's been material changes over the years, but these were some of the best quality retros I've got this year. That NA is nostalgic and belongs on the earlier models in the sig line imo.. Still waiting on JB to start throwing out more of em. :nerd:

well the OG pairs of 3s, 4s and 5s were night and day above ALLLLL the re-releases hands down!  I remember buying the first rounds of retros while I still had the originals in my closet... I was crushed because those first OGs all had mega thick LATEX insoles that were so damned durable that I used them in other shoes too!  The 94 IIIs and 99 Vs seriously sucked compared to the OGs!  To this day those original releases still stand as the pure definition of wearing perfectly fitted clouds on your feet!!!  I'd pay another $100 per pair if they'd bring back that quality level...

Oh, and one more thing. Your 1994's aren't "greater than" my 2003's. So you have an unwearable pair of 1994's. Congratulations. I'd love to see what condition they're in. Probably look like throw up.:x

I'd rather have my 2003's over your crusty unwearable 1994's any day of the week.

My 2003's> your unweareable 1994's.

The ironic thing you don't get, that flew over your little head from my post. Your 2003's will shortly be unwearable, and you will wish you had a pair of 88's

You thought about it, came back, and still posted more nonsense.

Call me stupid, but I'd rather have a pair of '13 WC's than any of them..

At this current moment, they'll last the longest...

Year means nothing to me.

:\

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom