Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Kicks are a hobby not a necessity if you can't afford the hobby don't complain simple as that. No one is forcing you to buy Jordan's if your not happy with the quality or the price take your hard earned money somewhere else. It gets me so upset to see people who think they have to buy every new release jordan comes out with then complain about the price and the quality.

What's CORNBALL is going this far off topic and this ******ed tangent about 2001 Columbias when the point I made was pretty simple economics. I was making a grand a month or more between 14-17 from advertising on a gaming site IGN.com picked up back in 1998. I also played basketball until 17, was from the Chicago area, and have had at least one pair of Jordans every season since 1992.

Get back to the topic rather than trying to make me out to be some kind of liar. Retros in 2001 weren't some huge statement in fashion or pop culture. They retailed for much less because they were having a hard enough time moving decent numbers at those prices as-is. Lots of retros were hitting clearance racks. I picked up a pair of 2000 Metallic 5's that I used for a summer league months after they came out and paid a whopping $70 from Eastbay. Let me know when that happens again. Oh, you wonder why it's not happening? Because they can charge $160 for the same shoe now and sell out a way bigger run on release day. Market value suggests a higher retail price on these given the demand, and the market is there for Nike to deem it a solid business move on their part. I just don't understand why everyone is so butthurt when we've all contributed to it becoming what it is today! Get a grip people. Like anything, you can buy it or not buy it, but the outrage over a $200 price tag when most of Nike's premier sneakers retail around that or more today in 2013 is baffling to me. You have people who have supposedly been done with JB for 6 years in here going off on how horrible this is. Move along if it's been that long and you're still sore over it!

you seem to have alot of knowledge from back then. I will cosign the fact that the XIVs had somewhat bad quality. The comfort was amazing, but the teeth of the shoe creased very quickly and in some cases fell completely off the shoe. And not all retros sold out immediately back in the day. The guy criticizing you probably failed to realized that Jordans often used to go on sale often. I remember my grandmother buying me the OG Black Metallic Silver Vs on sale back in April 1991, nearly a year and two months after the original drop date. And it wasnt uncommon to see old Jordans for sale a year or two after the release date on sale on Eastbay magazine. I know for a fact that this happened with the 11s, 12s, 13s, and 14s when they dropped.

Simply, Jordan Brand is charging 200 for these White Cement IIIs because these teenagers that just started buying Jordans are thirsty for whatever the company puts out and don't know what real quality is.

These aren't even a accurate representation of the original 3s. I was considering buying these if they were done right like the 01 Black cements but I will be passing on these.
mean.gif
at myself for trying to justify the $40 price hike. Nike Air on heel but Jordan on sole? What a slap in the face. Watch JB release the same shoe couple years down the road with Nike on the sole and a jumpman on the back. Have dudes doing sole swaps and !@#
Thanks for looking past the HYPE! These so called old heads foaming at the mouth are really full of hype! They trying to make it seem like these are OG's, really,LOL. I'm just waiting for these real Jordan heads to ditch their other pairs,that are so not worthy. Contact me by PM. 

thats how they was when they dropped, its no different then copping a throwback mitchell and ness jersey..its basically a obsolete product

that appeals to people from that era..da problem with sneakers is da kids in this generation been riding da coat tails of sneaker and style from da 90's

forever, so i understand why alof of ya scratching ya heads over "nike air" logo...something that pretty much mundane with any other nike in da sneaker catalog.

da idiots here who cop for style are da first ones who didn't care when they changed da tab to a JUMPMAN and yet they're da ones that wanna complain about OGs

cheering for joy for something we been PLEADING for since 2001 when they violated da tru blue III's? yea. alot of ya youngsters need to stay on da sidelines

and be happy with all that other crap JB peddles to ya...a cat like me ready to spend my 200 or w/e to get much more accurate retros.

i was da one who said "YO i wouldn't mind paying as much as 300 dollars for a 1000000000000% accurate replica of a jordan retro as long as its 100% cow's hide

dyed midsoles, REAL SCOTCH LITE 3M, 1000000% accurate durabuck. (it doesn't have to have da old polyurethane midsoles cuz those were inferior to what we have now though)

so ya crying about "boo nike air doesn't matter" sir your *** down and let da OGs get their bone.

Everything said in this post right here is all that needs to be said. This bickering going on in here is nuts. Just get ya $200 ready and prepare for the mayhem that ensues on the 16th of feb. I'm ready. Just hope you are. Ill be back in here with pics when I cop.

Peace.

Wow! Haven't been following sneakers for two yrs and come to find these are coming out. I hate you JB for sucking me into this. Smh.

What's CORNBALL is going this far off topic and this ******ed tangent about 2001 Columbias when the point I made was pretty simple economics. I was making a grand a month or more between 14-17 from advertising on a gaming site IGN.com picked up back in 1998. I also played basketball until 17, was from the Chicago area, and have had at least one pair of Jordans every season since 1992.

Get back to the topic rather than trying to make me out to be some kind of liar. Retros in 2001 weren't some huge statement in fashion or pop culture. They retailed for much less because they were having a hard enough time moving decent numbers at those prices as-is. Lots of retros were hitting clearance racks. I picked up a pair of 2000 Metallic 5's that I used for a summer league months after they came out and paid a whopping $70 from Eastbay. Let me know when that happens again. Oh, you wonder why it's not happening? Because they can charge $160 for the same shoe now and sell out a way bigger run on release day. Market value suggests a higher retail price on these given the demand, and the market is there for Nike to deem it a solid business move on their part. I just don't understand why everyone is so butthurt when we've all contributed to it becoming what it is today! Get a grip people. Like anything, you can buy it or not buy it, but the outrage over a $200 price tag when most of Nike's premier sneakers retail around that or more today in 2013 is baffling to me. You have people who have supposedly been done with JB for 6 years in here going off on how horrible this is. Move along if it's been that long and you're still sore over it!
you seem to have alot of knowledge from back then. I will cosign the fact that the XIVs had somewhat bad quality. The comfort was amazing, but the teeth of the shoe creased very quickly and in some cases fell completely off the shoe. And not all retros sold out immediately back in the day. The guy criticizing you probably failed to realized that Jordans often used to go on sale often. I remember my grandmother buying me the OG Black Metallic Silver Vs on sale back in April 1991, nearly a year and two months after the original drop date. And it wasnt uncommon to see old Jordans for sale a year or two after the release date on sale on Eastbay magazine. I know for a fact that this happened with the 11s, 12s, 13s, and 14s when they dropped.

Simply, Jordan Brand is charging 200 for these White Cement IIIs because these teenagers that just started buying Jordans are thirsty for whatever the company puts out and don't know what real quality is.
both comments are really well said but i think the sudden rise of demand for the shoes is not because more people are starting to collect them but because probly more than half of the people who sits in a line to cop these shoes sells them and makes it as their business so the actual collectors/hobbist/enthusiast who didnt had a chance to get a pair has to pay more for them to have one. so we are actual the ones who dug ourselves in this hole.  And most teenagers doesnt know good quality coz all they know is that mom or dad buys these for them and makes them the talk of the town coz they have Jordans....SMH

NOT my video...Damn they look exactly like the 2011's quality wise....
ignorance. "this is the year that Jordan won dunk contest, M. Jordan, you know, Aye" :x:smh: Understand the nike air logo is a nice compliment to the shoe but i can't even. and QFT the quality is exactly the same!

Unless they make it really easy to cop these, I'm not going to try.. I'll just get 2011's..

JB, you can't charge that much for some Cement III's and then make it a hassle to get them.. One or the other.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to chill out with all this *****ing and moaning! These are shoes that no one hear NEEDS TO HAVE! THEY ARE JUST SHOES!!! The shoes are dope! If you don't like them or don't want to pay the extra money for them, stop coming here to complain or to start arguments with others! Copping kicks and coming on here to talk about them used to be fun. Now y'all are making it everything but fun! Let's focus on the positive aspects and talk about what's good about the shoes! There's TOO much drama on this thread. . . 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Everyone needs to chill out with all this *****ing and moaning! These are shoes that no one hear NEEDS TO HAVE! THEY ARE JUST SHOES!!! The shoes are dope! If you don't like them or don't want to pay the extra money for them, stop coming here to complain or to start arguments with others! Copping kicks and coming on here to talk about them used to be fun. Now y'all are making it everything but fun! Let's focus on the positive aspects and talk about what's good about the shoes! There's TOO much drama on this thread. . . 
mean.gif
+1

Quote:

Lot of smoke an mirrors..... and you sticking to that boy wonder story...OK...LOL....you are missing my points and I had ONLY 2 points that was VERY on topic:

1. THERE IS NO WAY A FSR WAS AVAILIBLE MONTHS AFTER RELEASE FOR THE COLOMBIA 11! (An you copped 2 pair at 16 AND A warm up jacket ok sure)

2. Who are you and what makes you credible to talk down on others because they want a $200 shoe or can justify paying the price for whatever reason!

Never once said EVERY jordan sold out instantly back in the day....Please pull up were I said that...PLEASE!! Now what I am saying is that in certin areas there mite have been a few Retros or so that you could walk in a store an IF YOUR LUCKY they still had the shoe or it was on sale in YOUR SIZE! But they WERE NOT JUST SITTING ON SHELVES RIPE FOR THE PICKING in ANY size you wanted because nobody cared about Jordans back then!!! True the hype is not what it is now but people DID NOT have pillows just sleeping on FSR'S!!!!! An SPECIALLY not the Colombia 11 like u swear by!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYENOE

For those who say "you" asked for NIKE AIR an now u complaining when they do it! No no no no......"we" asked for NIKE AIR not a $200 NIKE AIR shoe that has DOUBLED in price since 2003!!! This is NOT just $40-$50 increase for those who are old enough to remember. Got my BC III's for a $100 in 01' after working a popcorn stand at Six Flags after I graduated just to get them! Got 2 pair of WC III's in 2003 for $70 EACH with my discount from FootAction(The good ole days) $75 tax included! So Nike Air for $200 for a shoe that was $100 ten years ago is my complaint (No type of leather justifies that)! The first $200 shoe I remember were the Royal Foams in 97'...Mike Bibby set it off in the National Championship game with those an people were NOT rushing to cop those my dad said HELL NAW! Made that increase from $134.99 of the 12's to $149.99 on the 13's seem not so badd! Getting these shamefully an wearing the hell out of them because my DS 03's back is yellow as a mofo like a Rat pissed on them!!

U cant see the forest for the trees.... In my inital post u quoted ^^^^and went off on (for no reason mite I add) im pretty much agree'n with what your saying! Except im not telling people they dont know simple economics an are dumb for wanting a $200 shoe or justifying the price hike for whatever reason! Im just trying to figure out why you are wasting your GENIUS time preaching simple economics and calling people dumb when they gone do what they want to do anyway!!!! Thats all im saying buddy!!!!!

Last edited:
LOL @ you guys bickering
JB knows they got you guys by the balls. Maybe if the sneakerhead community stopped dropping more than 2 bills for resellers, there wouldn't be this issue.

i'm mad as helll i just saw that video on the last page.
looks like the leather is shiny just like that 2011 pair.
i sold those after buying them for that very reason... that glossy leather look is wack!

Since I seen the $200 price tag I'm definitely going to pass, I copped some 2011 versions for $150 VNDS about a month ago.

I mean at the very least, could they have fixed the damn cement print?? Why does it look like it's even darker and thicker than the 2011's? Im good man. These shoes are flat out cheap....but they want to charge premium because of a Nike Check :rolleyes ..Ill keep rocking with my 03's . And Ill gladly be putting my 200+ towards another 03-04 model while I still can. Just saddens me how much the brand has changed.

I know, wah wah, cry me a river.

Back
Top Bottom