Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

allsigotsstusay is come on they just pumped these 2 yrs ago i dont care about the branding so much give me something we've been waiting on go maroon vi's or blues or something grapes are coming why not bless those with na

Yah but then why say YOU hypebeast. as in "you guys over there"....

Seniority kills me on this site. Some of the things the oldheads say amuse me. The respect some of you demand is laughable.

If Jordan really cared about his product/business, and really cared about his jumpman logo gracing every retro, then we'd seen it from 1994, 1999 to 2001 retros
Do your research as to when the keys were officially handed to him. Nike was running things in 1994.  
Air Jordan Shoes were a part of the Nike, Inc. family until late in 1997 Nike unveiled a new marketing plan and Jordan became its own sub-brand of Nike. To mark this change, the new Jordan Brand released the Air Jordan XIII, Air Jordan Team, and Air Jordan Trainers. From this point on, Jordan Brand products were no longer obligated the Nike name or Nike Swoosh, and their only connection to Nike,Inc is a fine print address for Nike headquarters to be used for insurance purposes.
It wasn't until May 2000 that Michael decided to slap a Jumpman in place of the Nike Air logo. This was originally only slated for Retro +; however the ego maniac decided that the November 2001 release of the Jordan True Blue III would eliminate any affiliation with Nike being branded on his sneakers from here on out.

Last edited:
You can never please everyone.
when it comes to Air Jordans, these are the complaints I see the most....
"when a retro has poor quality, people will complain, yet the quality on retro Air Jordans have been far from top notch for a while now."
"if a retro has great quality but is a limited release, there will be complaints on why it should be a GR"
"If a retro that's a GR with great quality, there will be complaints on how they don't want to see everyone wearing em in public."
For these 3s:
"has Nike Air, there will be complaints about the quality, and yet we don't even know how the quality will be"
"complaints on how that these will ruin the value of the OGs and comments on just leave the jumpman on retros and never bring back Nike Air again for the collectors and OGs sake
"if the quality is bad, there will be complaints on how the 2003s and 2011s are superior"
"if the quality is just like or near the quality of the 2003s, there will be complaints on how or why this wasn't done sooner....or the timing is wrong, because of the gap btw the 2011s and these"
"if the quality is like the 2011s, people will complain on how these aren't like the 2003s
"if limited...see above"
"if GR, see above"

I've been on here too long to notice almost all or all the complaining that goes on in here. I probably missed some other complaints that goes on here.
Oh welp....Carry on....
Dont forget the complaints about the shape being off 
tongue.gif

Thank you Jordan/Nike! I have been waiting years for these! I didn't buy any of the 3's after 2001. I didn't buy them because of the Jumpman on the back. These I will buy. So much better with the Nike Air!

the iii is a classic shoe, but no historical or sentimental value of "nike air" on a pair of retros for me. nothing different between these and the 2011 release other than a tab on the back. jb gonna start releasing the same shoes every year with nike air like it's hotsauce.

i'm done with jb anyway. the hypebeast / reseller takeover is complete.

Do your research as to when the keys were officially handed to him. Nike was running things in 1994.  

It wasn't until May 2000 that Michael decided to slap a Jumpman in place of the Nike Air logo. This was originally only slated for Retro +; however the ego maniac decided that the November 2001 release of the Jordan True Blue III would eliminate any affiliation with Nike being branded on his sneakers from here on out.

dude, i know all about that. I also know that Tinker and MJ wanted to make Nike Air non-existent on the OGs back in the early 90s. Nike agreed. Case in point, the black infrared OG VIs and every OG VIIs and so on.

So like I stated before. If MJ was really serious about the branding and logo on the retros, he could've kindly asked Nike/JB to put a jumpman instead of NA on the 94 3s, 99 4s 2000 5s and 6s and 2001 BC3s. It was Nike/JB (other than Gentry) that ok'd the final product of those retros with NA. Michael Jordan could actually care less on what goes on a retro Air Jordan. That's why i'm still sticking with that it's Gentry's idea to put the jumpman on the first true blue retro 3s and so on. to "preserve" the OGs and the collectors. And people on here are actually buying that smh
"

Last edited:
Older collectors may get upset and/or not give a damn. Hype's who cop off the strength of a new release will sell their mother's reading glasses to get these. Then people like me, I got a pair but they're beaters and this is a good chance to cop for retail. The "Nike Air" is a plus, deff not the main reason to buy. Everyone's concern's are the same though lmao...

Quality - Pending review vids, can't tell from pics so please don't start.

Durability - Let's see how comfortable they are, how long this paint holds up and sole cracks

Price (my fav one) - 160? Doubt it...170? Doubt it... 185? Probable.........$125?! I'm waiting for the announcement that they sell these for "90's/OG prices" for the sake of nostalgia.

Quantity - I see "Banned 1's" numbers for these. Seems to fall under that category.

Hey Jordan Brand,

Use great tumbled leather, make them comfy, paint them right, and make enough so we don't see mayhem in the streets and bum resellers selling them for $500-700. And how about you shock us with the price point (in a good way) so people sing your praises instead of bashing the brand because of horrible quality and care.

This has been a JB Public Service Announcement :smokin

Never saw the difference between the Nike air and Jumpman on the back. Shoe still looked the same to me #kanyeshrug

To each their own tho, no hate

Last edited:
You guys talk about quality but when they did give such as the Motorsport 6 released nobody wants, you can see those always selling at retail or below, point blank it's not about quality is about the hype with most of the sneaker heads today

I remember the motorsports not sitting in stores or websites... Nike air is great, but how about dyeing the soles so the people don't have to worry about chipping. I don't complain about creasing because that's what soft leather does but the BC 3 chipped after two wears.

The way i look at it, it will hopefully drive down the price of the 2011 release.. So i can stock up on few more pairs

Besides this release seems to have ASG release hype all over it or the next Christmas release.. IMO
mean.gif

So like I stated before. If MJ was really serious about the branding and logo on the retros, he could've kindly asked Nike/JB to put a jumpman instead of NA on the 94 3s, 99 4s 2000 5s and 6s and 2001 BC3s. It was Nike/JB (other than Gentry) that ok'd the final product of those retros with NA. Michael Jordan could actually care less on what goes on a retro Air Jordan. That's why i'm still sticking with that it's Gentry's idea to put the jumpman on the first true blue retro 3s and so on. to "preserve" the OGs and the collectors. And people on here are actually buying that smh
"
laugh.gif
@ kindly asked, you're a funny dude.

If you know you're history, which I don't think you really do; you would know the first wave of retros in 1994 were a huge flop. Nike ceased production on the IV's because of how flat sales were. It also helped that Mike decided to go back to the Bulls so Nike was able to ditch it with a valid excuse. When Jordan Brand was given it's own separate line they released team editions to balance the brand, it wasn't known if there was a marketplace for retros, but the blk IV was a hit and the rest is history.

Six years ago I worked in the industry and would go to Nike's offices here in Los Angeles. Our rep at the time tried to feed us the same bs about Gentry and why Nike Air was no longer on the shoe. The truth is Mike now had the power to alter the shoe how ever he wanted. Gentry was not the individual who determined a jumpman being put on anything, if you believe that you're delusional.

Back
Top Bottom