Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

im still new to this (Oct. 15, 2010)...i'm a nerd about remembering exactly when i started to do something. 

im 26, and started following basketball in 94 so i remember Jordan during his second run. i can remember the 11-18 releasing then i stopped paying attention to shoes after he retired cause i couldn't afford them back then. 

i had trouble getting the cool grey 11s in 2010, and got them the following month for $235 shipped off "the other site". that was the first big release i tried to get. 

then i got the cement 3s without too much trouble on release date...and that continued for every release until the SB 9 lebrons in 2012. i never had a problem getting a release off NDC or eastbay or finishline until then. 

these days its a lot harder. you gotta know someone, or pay 100 over retail to that someone, or pay ebay prices. unless you get lucky online or in store. i easily got the cool grey 9s. found out my mall was doing tickets and was 8th in line after getting to the mall after work at about 20 minutes before. no hassle, nothing. got a really good pair too that i'll break out this summer. 

i really hope i'll be able to easily get these, will be happy with one. if i dont get them, i'll just keep my 2011s. if i do, i'm giving my 2011s away. 

for me this release is a huge relief as I didn't get the retro last year, and with the chance now to not only get them but with a touch of OG-ness, it's quite exciting :lol:

I had trouble with the cool greys. Didnt get any Js in 2010 though. Wish I couldve copped the Space Jams. Even in 2011 I skipped a lot of shoes.

We can only hope (probably will eventually) that BC's as well as TB's will be redone in the same fashion.

It's inevitable..

So has the release date been confirmed? I noticed the Retro schedule has them releasing the same day as tha Royal Blue 1s. Limited at that.:nerd:

IF I HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION ABOUT THESE OR BLK/ROYAL 1'S. I'M GOING WITH THE 1'S. THOSE ARE TOO BEAUTIFUL TO PASS ON.

Real talk. I remember back 5-7 years ago, any new release Jordan I wanted, I could walk into the mall RD and cop. Or get online at midnight and cop. None of this foolishness that goes on now for lesser quality releases. Smh. But I'm definitely starting my work now to get my hands on a pair of these.

Real talk. I remember back 5-7 years ago, any new release Jordan I wanted, I could walk into the mall RD and cop. Or get online at midnight and cop. None of this foolishness that goes on now for lesser quality releases. Smh. But I'm definitely starting my work now to get my hands on a pair of these.
You live in Baton Rouge though; I'd imagine it was easy as Hell to purchase any shoe before this latest Hype craze.

It did seem like the hype was going up when the CG 11s were coming out.

That's actually rite after the south beach lebrons came out.. They dropped that November. IMO that was the beginning of the end for the shoe game. Don't see it being like this forever though. Its a fad to people rite now, just like having endless tattoos was the year before last.

I missed the cement 3's when thwey came out couple years back..this is a blessing.
smile.gif

"The beginning of the end for the shoe game" has and will never be a real thing.

Air Force 1 hype died.
Dunk hype died.
Foam hype is dying.
Jordans have had their ups and downs.
Kobes were a lil hyped for a while maybe still will be if the next model is good.
LeBron hype is rising.
KD hype is there.
Jordan hype MAY be at an all time high.
We are like cattle grazing to Nike. We all move on one thing then when too many of us are one it we leave. Some pastures are just greener/bigger/longer lasting than others. Jordan hype will be here for a long time. Nike hype will be here even longer.

you pretty much hit everything right on the head. the KD hype is dying because people arent feeling the current model. Lebron has the most hyped Nike shoe out with Kobe behind him. One thing that is pretty consistent is Jordan hype. the 11 and DB releases are enough to keep the brand high in demand. And the Nike Air return is sure to ignite a even bigger fire in the brand.

The only hyped Lebron I see right now are either the Crown Jewels or Corks. Heck, the Red Diamonds are sitting at my local HoH while the Kobes sold out first day.
IMO, the hype first started around the time the SJs came out, and skyrocketed when the SB8s were released. Then you would have the MV9 and Concords adding fuel to the fire, and reached its peak when the Galaxy Foams came out.

Last edited:
I think the lebron hype is dying. Or at least slowing down. Besides the price tag the X aint making the news like the IXs were

Lebron hype is definitely dying down cuz we're not seeing nearly as much colorways as the Lebron 7/8/9.

I'm really anxious to see how many people spaz over this shoe with most people AT LEAST still have the 2011 pair sitting clean

Back
Top Bottom