Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Jumpman on the back still means Retro + to me which means "not really" a true Air Jordan. I understand how over the years Nike Air has lost it's importance especially to those under 30. I still hate those first Retro + IV's with no netting. Looks so fake to me. Same with Laney and white grey 5's. there is a reason we left those to collect dust on shelves in 99 and 2000.

I noticed many pairs have the "R" almost touching the elephant print on the right heels. Not a big deal for me but i noticed a pattern. Overall great pics though!
nthat.gif

with shotty JB quality control, this really is a norm now

Theyve done the 1s and 3s......i dont see why they wont end up doing the NA with the rest of the line.

Seems obvious to me. 

Gimme blk cement 3s, and any 6s. Dont need any 4s after last year

Last edited:
Screw nike air im holdin these pieces of crap in my hand right now. Howbout some soft leather??? The hypebeast crap is stupid, nike air does not change anything open your eyes. If u think this leather is smokin u obviously werent around for the first 2 retros

Last edited:
Screw nike air im holdin these pieces of crap in my hand right now. Howbout some soft leather??? The hypebeast crap is stupid, nike air does not change anything open your eyes. If u think this leather is smokin u obviously werent around for the first 2 retros

Says the guy with Miami Vices and Crowl Jewels in his avi, both of which have no leather whatsoever :lol:

I agree with this but ONLY on Jordan 4's...

I think the Jumpman with AIR under it looks odd.

The Jumpman alone on the 4's looks perfect in my opinion.
You crazy. Especially on the Jordan Is. Dont get why they would be a giant Nike check on the shoe then jumpmans on the heel. It is so annoying on the Is.

its coming, i can feel it. i can actually see the Black Cement 3s with Nike Air being a QS for Black Friday
I smell what Nike is cooking up. The BC3s with NA is coming soon!

Now I wonder if I should cop the FR IIIs or wait for a NA FRIII

Last edited:

I don't have my pair yet so I can't comment, but I think the idea is that it's an improvement, although still far from where it should be.

You crazy. Especially on the Jordan Is. Dont get why they would be a giant Nike check on the shoe then jumpmans on the heel. It is so annoying on the Is.
I smell what Nike is cooking up. The BC3s with NA is coming soon!

Now I wonder if I should cop the FR IIIs or wait for a NA FRIII

I see where theyre going to. if they were smart, theyd release the Jumpman Air pairs as GRs and the Nike Air versions with slightly improved quality as online quickstrikes (llke they did for these 3s).

They already have a mold for the Nike Air 3s in these so i would expect to see the other OG colorways in Nike Air form sometime soon

The only people saying it's a rebranded 2011 with the only difference being the Nike Air logo are just trying to justify their loss on missing out.
really really hoping that its a rebranded version 2003 retro....  that soft leather and unchippable thin mated paint on midsoles 
happy.gif

I see where theyre going to. if they were smart, theyd release the Jumpman Air pairs as GRs and the Nike Air versions with slightly improved quality as online quickstrikes (llke they did for these 3s).

They already have a mold for the Nike Air 3s in these so i would expect to see the other OG colorways in Nike Air form sometime soon
Then the better quality ones would be 250-300. **** that

I was around for both. There's been three retros and the 2003 and 2011 aren't as good of quality as these. Don't get butthurt cause you missed out.

Anybody hear that they are releasing these as a limited in-store release in March (supposedly on 3/23/13)? I'm sure someone has mentioned it, but I'm too lazy to search through all the posts. A website icysole.com posted it, but as of yesterday evening, none of the main sites were reporting it, which makes me think it's suspect. Let me know folks! I was blessed to be able to score a pair on ndc (well, not me - I struck out - my girl was able to get my size in her cart). Hope y'all got lucky too. I hear all the haters talking about "Eff this release" and "this is for the hypebeasts" and all that dumb ish, and truthfully, like always, they don't know what the eff they are talking about. This particular model in this particular colorway was such a monumental shoe, and this release commemorated one of the most iconic moments in NBA history, so hell effing yes, I was psyched when I heard about it, and hell effing yes I wanted the shoe. I think it is comical how cats are suddenly not feeling the "Nike Air" on the heel, even though they are the same cats who cry and whine when they release a Retro with a fraction of a shade-different color of paint, or change some miniscule detail from the OG version. Now, they throw the "Nike Air" on the heel, making it that much closer to the OG pair, and what, it's "Eff that?" Y'all want that different ish now? Get the eff outta here with that dumb ish.

Besides it being a dope release, I easily wore my 2011 pair of White/Cement 3s more than any other pair of Js in 2012. It can literally go with anything, and as has been said before, the silhouette of the 3 is the perfect blend of classic and modern.

It truly pains me how effed up these "Hypebeast" haters have become. They have become the new "Hypebeast". End rant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom