Official Air Jordan Countdown Pack Summary Post!!

Originally Posted by green rhino123

8/15 or 1/22 hands down
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CEDavII

ok, here's the CDP 11 out of 11. 22 pairs. size 15.
pimp.gif

old camera, bad angle. best i could do. now if that 0/23 pack would just show up.....

lucky you that you have the entire collection in your size...i have every pack in my size except for the 11/12...i'm hoping that the FNL restock orderswill be fulfilled so that i can have a complete collection in my size

I got my XI/XII package in the mail and wasn't even excited to open it. I saw soooo many pics of other people's packs and was already dissapointed bywhat I saw. When I finally opened the pack my dissapointment was reinforced by shoes that felt like variants. The XII's are super light weight...the OGXII's felt like bricks on the feet and were a bit heavy but the quality was there. on the CDP XII's the leather is fugazi and the foam on the midsolelooks/feels weird. The XI's came next and they looked pretty out of the box...but then I slipped em on my feet and they felt hellllllllllla stiffuncomfortable. I broke out my beat pair of 01 bred XI's and the leathers used on the upper are way cheaper on the cdps. The 01 XI's were comfortableright out of the box and were ready for indoor basketball...these are probably best used just for casual wear
mad.gif

If anybody out there wants to trade The Taxi XII's for CDP XIIIs size 10.5 get at me

The best packs were the ones that had shoes in em that had never been retroed...obviously

the 11/12 pack really was over hyped, but that doesn't take away from it. i'm just happy that i finnaly
got my taxis. not a huge fan of xi, so that wasn't such a big deal.

the 13/10 pack got love because it was the first one, and for me personally, i was happy to finnally get my
"he got game" 13s. the shadows were ok.

the 6/17 pack obviously got love because of the carmines, which got so much love because they had never been retroed
and the fact that they were 6s. the 17s were nice, but mine are too tight, so i can't really enjoy them.

the 3/20 had potential to be a classic pack, but JB killed it when they decided to put out those ugly 20s.

Originally Posted by versache530

The best packs were the ones that had shoes in em that had never been retroed...obviously

the 11/12 pack really was over hyped, but that doesn't take away from it. i'm just happy that i finnaly
got my taxis. not a huge fan of xi, so that wasn't such a big deal.

the 13/10 pack got love because it was the first one, and for me personally, i was happy to finnally get my
"he got game" 13s. the shadows were ok.

the 6/17 pack obviously got love because of the carmines, which got so much love because they had never been retroed
and the fact that they were 6s. the 17s were nice, but mine are too tight, so i can't really enjoy them.

the 3/20 had potential to be a classic pack, but JB killed it when they decided to put out those ugly 20s.

well stated

i ended up getting the carmines, hare pack, the 14s, and the 5s

i wanna get the 11/12 pack..but i dont wanna pay those high prices..eventually i wanna get the 4s, 21s, and maybe the 10s

ended up with most of the packs. didn't get a couple of them that were garbage, everyone knows which packs they were

Kinda late, but oh well.. I'll put my 2 cents in.
laugh.gif

I only bought about 4 packs I guess you can say? My personal favorite individual shoe overall were the Carmine VI's of course.
smokin.gif

1) X's/XIII's CDP - Well I went really early for these, because it was the first pack and I thought it would've been hard to get. I got to the mallaround 2 or 3AM and basically snuck inside and waited outside Footlocker for a good hour until a security guard saw me and my friend. We were told to leave andcan't come back until 6AM, but she held our spots for us. Which was 1st in line.
laugh.gif
I went back like at 6:30 and waited until 8 and got my 9.5 pair.
smokin.gif

I sold the X's though for $180 shipped, I liked them but it's not something I'd wear. Besides, I used that money to cop some 2001 Black/CementIII's.
smile.gif

2) VI's/XVII's CDP - Horrible night, I got to the mall around 3AM and got kicked out again.
laugh.gif
Came back around 4:30AM and was first in line, but theentire time I was sitting there I had this HORRIBLE cough I had for about 2 months.
smh.gif
But yeah, I got my pair and left.

I sold the XVII's for $155 shipped, I tried $180 shipped at first but nobody was taking it so I slowly lowered it $5 bucks a week and somebody eventuallytook em for $155 shipped.
pimp.gif
I liked them, but the quality was horrible and they had a HUGE glue mark on the toe box.

3) VII's/XVI's CDP - Hmm, I think I got there around 5AM and some people beat me to it. So I decided to wait at Champs instead of Footlocker and I wasfirst at Champs. Waited about an hour and a half and got my pair.

I split the package with my brother, because I didn't have enough to buy the entire thing.
frown.gif
I took the VII's, but I started liking the XVI'smore. But after a while I appreciated the Hares more. They're nice and I think this is the best overall pack.
eek.gif

4) IV's/XIX's - Timing was horrible on this package, spent a little over a month in the hospital watching over my mom. I hope I never go through thatagain, but my mother knew I wanted the IV's badly and even though she was ill, she still managed to tell my dad to give me money to go buy this package.
smile.gif

I absolutely love these IV's, at first I didn't like them due to the big difference with the 99 retros, but I gotta take advantage of what I can getright? Well I tried to sell the XIX's for atleast $150 shipped, but nobody wanted these.
laugh.gif
I seen people posted them up fr $80 shipped and still nobodytook em. The lowest I went was $130 shipped though.

But I eventually traded them for some VNDS Anthracite SB Trainer II's and $25 bucks, and ended up trading those Trainers and $25 bucks for some NDS BlueTaxi SB's, and then ended up recently selling these Blue Taxi's for $110 shipped.
laugh.gif

Well that was my review overall on this year of 2008 CDP's.

damn, the 11/12 pack got a lot of votes. I don't see how. It was a good pack don't get me wrong. It would have been on the top of the list if the11's were made better. The 12's were a sleeper hit. I honestly didn't think they were going to be that good compair to the quality on the rest ofthe other packs. I had every back except the 1/22's. and I noticed that all the shoes were a little wider than normal. any way. my picks are off ofwearablity (if thats even a word).

the 6/17's are on top of my list. The 6's (come on now) and the 17's ( nice sleek design, all suede all black, nice with a pair of jeans)10/13's<br>
2nd pick (10's are classic and I love the colorway, nice with jeans, ect. same as the 13's..)<br>
3rd is 7/16 pack....(The hare's are a B to keep clean with that toe box but still a great looking shoe especially with sweat pants on.,,,16's are hottoo, Love the clear sole and the patent leather toe box..solid pack<br>
11/12....is #4 on the list....(a lot of hype with this right here, all in all, still one of the most solid packs to drop...I just wish they made the 11's alittle better. I have the retro 2001 11's and these cdp 11's and no way does the cdp ones look close to the way they are originally sopose to look.Still a nice shoe I just wish more thought was put into the design of this shoe. The 12's are str8 crack!, quality is the best out of all the cdp shoes.and its very true to its original design)

all the rest of the packs I bought I only copped for 1 shoe.....I recently picked up the 8/15 pack just to get the 8's and I was very disappointed. The8's are horrible, and looks wide on the foot. The 15's on the other hand are suprizingly good looking. very slept on shoe.

damn, the 11/12 pack got a lot of votes. I don't see how. It was a good pack don't get me wrong. It would have been on the top of the list if the 11's were made better. The 12's were a sleeper hit. I honestly didn't think they were going to be that good compair to the quality on the rest of the other packs. I had every back except the 1/22's. and I noticed that all the shoes were a little wider than normal. any way. my picks are off of wearablity (if thats even a word).
Seriously, the trend in the first couple of pages was "If you didn't think the 11/12 pack was hot, it's because you didn't getthe pack". I will fire back with, somehow there is a way to show the age of the people that voted for the 11/12 pack. Most people are happy with thatpack, or have accepted the poor quality that JB gave them, because it was essentially their first shot at the pack.

My choice was the VII/XVI, two OG colorways, that have never had a retro version. The hottest individual shoe is hands down the Carmine VI. I don't blameresellers, people paying the ridiculous prices for this low quality pack have never had an XI or XII in their possesion,
smh.gif
. Suckers.

Why pay $550 for the pack when you can get the following (DS) for $250:

air-jordan-12-og-playoffs.jpg

air-jordan-og-12-obsidian.jpg

air-jordan-12-original-taxi.jpg

air-jordan-12-xii-original-og-white-varsity-red-black-01.jpg

And if you play your cards right, get these for $300 (DS):

air-jordan-11-space-jam.jpg

air-jordan-11-concord-retro.jpg

air-jordan-11-cool-grey.jpg

It would be REALLY hard to find DS concords and space jams for only $300... At least ones that haven't been piss yellowed

Man I don't kno how I forgot about those Osbideon Blue XII's (if that's spelled right)..I used 2 just stare at those in the store back in the dayfor at least a half hour, walk away, come back and stair even more...I need those in my life

The 10/13 + 9/14 were the only packs where I actually liked both pairs of shoes the same! For me, all the other packs had one shoe that I wasn't as keenon. I did like both in the 4/19 pack, but so far I've only managed to get the XIXs, but hope to get the IVs at a later date!

The best overall shoe for me was the Carmines ....the smell when I opened that box for the first time .......
eek.gif

My second favourite was the Hare VIIs
smokin.gif
...a shoe I had wanted so badlyfor ages!! ...again, got those seperately, cos I was never a fan of the XVI

My best deal came with the 2/21 pack.
I ordered this pack online from Nike.com (UK) -the price was 190 ...I also ordered a T-shirt for 20. When my parcel arrived, the CDP was fine, but the T-shirtwas a size smaller than I had ordered! I returned the tee & asked for a refund. When I got my refund it was for 190!! they had made a mistake & sent mea refund for the kicks instead! .....naturally, I kept quiet!
wink.gif

I later sold the XXIs

The only pairs I still want to get are, the VIIIs (my fav CW of that shoe! ) ...& as I said, the IVs!

But, I do think in years to come, people will look back at 2008 & say it was one of the best years for Jordans!

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

The best overall shoe for me was the Carmines ....the smell when I opened that box for the first time ....... But, I do think in years to come, people will look back at 2008 & say it was one of the best years for Jordans!

Carmine 6 was the best individual shoe released in the CDP's.

It would be REALLY hard to find DS concords and space jams for only $300... At least ones that haven't been piss yellowed

It isn't that hard, bought a pair of Concords 2 months ago, for $300, DS. I was close to buying some DS Cool Grey XI's DS. People forget that it is abuyers market. It is hard to move kicks right now, so if you negotiate right you can get yourself a nice deal. Nowadays, noobs only go for the new releases,which means that people that hunt down kicks have the upper hand.

But, I do think in years to come, people will look back at 2008 & say it was one of the best years for Jordans!

laugh.gif

Columbia XI
Black/Red XVI
Cool Grey XI
White/Navy XVI
Black/Cement III
Black/Red I
White/Navy I
Mocha III
Blue/Black I
True Blue III
Black/Red XI

I'm not even including all the low XI's that dropped that year. This year doesn't even come close to topping 2001 or any of the years between1999-2006. Ya'll don't know how good we had it before.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

damn, the 11/12 pack got a lot of votes. I don't see how. It was a good pack don't get me wrong. It would have been on the top of the list if the 11's were made better. The 12's were a sleeper hit. I honestly didn't think they were going to be that good compair to the quality on the rest of the other packs. I had every back except the 1/22's. and I noticed that all the shoes were a little wider than normal. any way. my picks are off of wearablity (if thats even a word).
Seriously, the trend in the first couple of pages was "If you didn't think the 11/12 pack was hot, it's because you didn't get the pack". I will fire back with, somehow there is a way to show the age of the people that voted for the 11/12 pack. Most people are happy with that pack, or have accepted the poor quality that JB gave them, because it was essentially their first shot at the pack.

My choice was the VII/XVI, two OG colorways, that have never had a retro version. The hottest individual shoe is hands down the Carmine VI. I don't blame resellers, people paying the ridiculous prices for this low quality pack have never had an XI or XII in their possesion,
smh.gif
. Suckers.

I felt the same feelings in regards to the 11/12 pack somewhat...in my mind, i thought it would have been foolish to spend money on a package withtaxi XII's when white reds have been long overdue for a retro...i simply could not do it to myself. My choice was also the 7/16.

Back
Top Bottom