Official Air Jordan Countdown Pack Summary Post!!

Originally Posted by Lrrr

did somebody vote for the 1/22 as a joke?
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
i was thinking that too

I have a question
I don't care for the outer boxes (since these are easily split up and I kept 1 of each cdp and sold the other off)

is there any reason to NOT throw the cardboard out? will there be a market for just the box, like the retro cards?

The vii/xvi pack was jus one of those that didn't do it for me...never was a fan of xvi...but it wasn't that bad of a pack..coulda copped the vii'sbut I was like
grin.gif
...to me my fav. Pack was the xi/xii...quality on most of the packs has been across the board poor..but at the end of the day the best shoeout of all of the retros drop by far is the vi's...its not even close

11/12 pack by far then the 6/17, The vote results and the sales speaks for itself clearly.

i think that with all the hype about the 11/12 pack and with the carmines re-releasing again in the 6/17
pack that the 10/13 pack went under the radar. I think it's the most underrated pack and didn't recieve
the hype it deserved. Two quality shoes in the two best colorways IMO.

I copped 13/10, 16/7, and 17/6 on RD...the 16 and 17 were needed for my 1-23 collection. The 13/10 speaks for itself, two OG colors and I thought the"23" on the 10 made it a lot more exciting...for the other CDPs I didn't get, the 22/1, 14/9, and 15/8 are most desired for BOTH pairs. Andfinally, for split CDPs the 2 is my Most Wanted, followed closely by the 3, 5, and finally the Taxi 12... I have little to no desire to EVER acquire theblk/red 11, 18, 20, or the 21... I will take the 19/4 CDP for under retail w/ free shipping...

IN SUMMARY- they were a blast and I look forward to filling in my Countdown gaps for less than retail to occupy my time in 2009...

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

I have to say that the CDP II's are a very slept on shoe.

They've really grown on me, I'm planning on buying a pair by itself in th near future.

same here man

i was really dissapointed with the 11/12 pack. i was even more suprised that after the release ppl are still trying to fool themselves into thinking it was thebest pack.

even if i didn't already have '01 bred 11s & '04 playoff 12s, i would've passed. the quality SUCKS so hard it really is ridiculous. this isno exaggeration... variant 11s have better quality and are closer to the originals or retros than the cdp. how the hell does that happen??

my main problem with the 12s is the black rubber part. that is supposed to be rubber-like and different than the leather, but on the cdp's it's likesoft, black, cheap leather. since when does that part of the shoe crease after one wear on the lateral side??
sick.gif

on the other hand, a pack like the 7/16 was pretty much identical to the ogs and the quality is great. that being said, how can u possibly try to say 11/12> 7/16??

could it possibly be HYPE??!! hmmm.

its all about what a person wants and willing to look past...me personally i dont care about diff. from the og's i dont care a whole hell of a lot aboutthe quality... if the shoe doesnt fall apart when i wear it, then im satisfied...of course i would prefer a shoe of a higher quality but at the end of the dayit is what it is...if i felt that strongly about the quality, i probabaly wouldnt have cop j's the past 3 yrs...me i didnt like any shoe past xiv so for mepersonally to say the vii/xvi are better than the xi/xii wouldnt make sense to me...yea there are quality issues and there are differences, but when i lookedat the vii/xvi they didnt do anything for me....hype has nuttin to do wit it...well for me at least....i cant speak for everyone else but i jus prefer thexi/xii...but everyone has their opinion

Da only packs that where hott in myy opinion is juss da 6s not 17s da 11/12 and da 10/13 dats it all the other that came out are to much alike like the 3s and4s

Originally Posted by ES300

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

I have to say that the CDP II's are a very slept on shoe.

They've really grown on me, I'm planning on buying a pair by itself in th near future.

same here man

yeah the 2's are a slept on jordan in general

Back
Top Bottom