Official Air Jordan Countdown Pack Summary Post!!

TO ALL YALL OUT THERE THAT GOT URE PACKS FROM ME THROUGHOUT THE YEAR THANKS AGAIN AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS...

So the two packs I picked up were the first and last released. 11/12 and 10/13. That was a great 4 year runs of hype shoes. I would love to get the 9/14 andthe 8/15. That said gotta order my personal faves as...

11/12
10/13
9/14
8/15

That's just me. I could be wrong. Rabble Rock!

Best packs imo is the 11/12, 716, and 10/13 in no order. I see a lot of votes for the 6/17's and i know the carmines are total BA but man o man do the17's blow). The suede and cushioning are atrocious on those, just not a solid enuff pack to be in the top three.

I would have voted for the 11/12 pack but the quality of the 11's is so horrible it's laughable. Just when I think the quality of their shoes can getno lower, JB finds a way to prove me wrong. I know it's nothing new and yes I'm mad but I just wanted to vent, that's all. However, strictly offthe strength of the 3's, I voted for the 3/20 pack as it is my second favorite AJ shoe, and I feel the quality of that shoe is pretty good in comparison tothe others found in the other packs.

I thought the quality of the 11/12 pack was the best of all the packs frankly.. mine were mint.. I can't say the same about the CDP 17's, 18's or5's however.

Too bad all these shoes could be released individually but...

Quality wise-7/16
Overall-11/12

IMO 6/17 was the best pack/ i pretty much copped almost the pack except for the 1/22 ,3/20/and the 8/15 oh well u win some u lose some
happy.gif
bring on 2009

I voted for the 7/16..best hands down..

I mean come on even Jay-z had to throw on the Hares

Ill post pics of my little CDP collection as soon as my 11/12's arrive

I only purchased the 11/12 pack mainly because I never had any Jordan XIIs, but from seeing all the packs in person I can definitely say that the qualitysucked. Any of the CDPs had nothing on JB 1999-2001 retros. It was also frustrating...and I know it was part of JB's marketing scheme to package the shoesso that there would usually be one hot shoe that everyone wanted and typically another shoe that leaned towards being not-so-popular with consumers and Jordanfans alike. This fact alone prevented me from buying all packs except the 11/12, which I don't really regret because it saved me a lot of money in 2008.

But I think the general feeling is that JB could have executed the releases better and brought quality back to retros for one last fling. But with that beingsaid, why would they do that? Many people (including myself) were willing to purchase one/or many CDPs of sub-par and low quality shoes for $310 each. And atthe end of day, JB and Nike are for-profit companies who will try to make money by increasing their profit margin by increasing sales and lowering costs byreducing the quality and cost to produce each shoe.

From another perspective, it was good to have some retros release for the first time like the Carmines, and some other retros re-release to give younger Jordanfans a chance to cop shoes they may have missed out on years before like the Cement IVs.

Sorry for the long post, just my opinion and what I see.

Wow!! over 50% percent of the votes went towards the 11/12 pack? Pure hype if u ask me

I voted for the 7/16 pack, both shoes where solid and brought back the hares. The 10/13 pack wasnt far behind in terms of quality and it is in my top 2simply because of all the excitement towards the first pack! But every month after it got tiring and expensive not to mention the quality drop.

All in all JB should NEVER do this again.

I have to say that the CDP II's are a very slept on shoe.

They've really grown on me, I'm planning on buying a pair by itself in th near future.

11/12, 7/16
pimp.gif
i would put the 6/17 but the 17 killed the pack
frown.gif
but individually the Carmines are the best
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hjdunks26

I only purchased the 11/12 pack mainly because I never had any Jordan XIIs, but from seeing all the packs in person I can definitely say that the quality sucked. Any of the CDPs had nothing on JB 1999-2001 retros. It was also frustrating...and I know it was part of JB's marketing scheme to package the shoes so that there would usually be one hot shoe that everyone wanted and typically another shoe that leaned towards being not-so-popular with consumers and Jordan fans alike. This fact alone prevented me from buying all packs except the 11/12, which I don't really regret because it saved me a lot of money in 2008.

But I think the general feeling is that JB could have executed the releases better and brought quality back to retros for one last fling. But with that being said, why would they do that? Many people (including myself) were willing to purchase one/or many CDPs of sub-par and low quality shoes for $310 each. And at the end of day, JB and Nike are for-profit companies who will try to make money by increasing their profit margin by increasing sales and lowering costs by reducing the quality and cost to produce each shoe.

From another perspective, it was good to have some retros release for the first time like the Carmines, and some other retros re-release to give younger Jordan fans a chance to cop shoes they may have missed out on years before like the Cement IVs.

Sorry for the long post, just my opinion and what I see.

co-sign

if they were released individually i would have copped so many but as a package i only got the 11 12 cdp

My video from the morning of release day for the 11/12.

I posted this on the 11/12 thread but wanted to share it here as it fits here too!

i hated the countdown pack idea... i walked away with a grand total of 0 packs... nothing other than the 13/10 and 12/11 were worth the 310+tax and because ofthe mass hype i wasn't able to get either

Back
Top Bottom