• I'l Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nahh I'm good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don't know yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Only the new kids will like these.

Its a dam shame what jordan brand is becoming. Murdering classics like the XI is a big NO NO in my book.

But, they've BEEN murdering classics.

This isn't my cup of tea, but it's WAYYYYYYYYY better than the AJFusions of years past and the Sixty+ etc.

I don't like them, but i'm not mad at anyone who does like them and wants them. I'm more letdown that Columbia's aren't dropping more than I am disgusted by this CW.

so jb is gonna give us the colombia's one piece at a time then we will have to put all the parts together in a custom to finally get them?
roll.gif
they are totally trolling with that logo.
mean.gif
 easyyyyyyy pass with that sole especially.

Some people i don't understand!!

There's complaints if JB keeps on retroing a shoe, and there's complaints when new colorways come out. The bastardization comments are just stupid. JB can't just retro classics ALL THE TIME; so they have to try new colorways, whether you believe they're a lazy colorway or whatever. If you don't like the shoe fine, because i don't care for it either, but I'm glad they're trying new colorways rather than releasing the same ol same ol every three to four years.

There's complaints if JB keeps on retroing a shoe, and there's complaints when new colorways come out. The bastardization comments are just stupid. JB can't just retro classics ALL THE TIME; so they have to try new colorways, whether you believe they're a lazy colorway or whatever. If you don't like the shoe fine, because i don't care for it either, but I'm glad they're trying new colorways rather than releasing the same ol same ol every three to four years.

im personally not mad its a retro+ colorway. i just dont like the execution.

You're really missing the point. The "bastardization" of the XI refers to the fact that they just about never create a retro+ colorway. Look at how many retros you get of mids/highs of every other Jordan-worn model. In comparison the XI doesn't get many retros at all outside of some lows. What were the last mid XI retro+ colorways? These in 2013 and in 2010 the Anniversary XI's (which isn't saying much since there was an anniversary version of so many other models too).

There have been two non-OG colorways EVER retro'd of the XI: Cool Greys and Anniversaries. Thus, if they are going to hold the model in such high esteem, I expect a little more thought, creativity and ultimately execution than this turd that doesn't even hold up to the blackout samples. I'm all for more retro+ CWs of the XI, but this one is lazy and fails to bring anything new or creative to the table. Three tiny hits of a two color combo doesn't exactly scream "fresh".

Not bad but if you're gonna black out everything might as well do that to the jumpman too. With that said , they'll be copped to flip :D

Dead...................

Yall to gullible here , I'm getting at these are like some straight AIR RANDY'S , like all tht bs you would see back in the day with Gucci print over them or LV , some ish you'd cop at the fla market next to those $15 af1's

Yall to gullible here , I'm getting at these are like some straight AIR RANDY'S , like all tht bs you would see back in the day with Gucci print over them or LV , some ish you'd cop at the fla market next to those $15 af1's
good save 
eyes.gif

Anyway, these will be just like the Jokers.  Everyone said "pass" when pictures first surfaced but they sold out pretty much everywhere rather quickly

The major problem with these is that they are sooo uninspired.

A black 11 needs some white to offset the patent leather. They could have keep the misdole white, then maybe tint the soles a different shade of blue, or make the back leather part a different color, Or put JORDAN down the lace loops, or outline the back like the Randy Moss 11s. Something

But why try when you know they gonna sell either way. This shoe is like Call of Duty, it is the only game people buy all year and call themselves "hardcore gamers", and dudes buy the 11s every year and call themselves sneakerheads

The major problem with these is that they are sooo uninspired.

A black 11 needs some white to offset the patent leather. They could have keep the misdole white, then maybe tint the soles a different shade of blue, or make the back leather part a different color, Or put JORDAN down the lace loops, or outline the back like the Randy Moss 11s. Something

But why try when you know they gonna sell either way. This shoe is like Call of Duty, it is the only game people buy all year and call themselves "hardcore gamers", and dudes buy the 11s every year and call themselves sneakerheads
very true

Last edited:
You're really missing the point. The "bastardization" of the XI refers to the fact that they just about never create a retro+ colorway. Look at how many retros you get of mids/highs of every other Jordan-worn model. In comparison the XI doesn't get many retros at all outside of some lows. What were the last mid XI retro+ colorways? These in 2013 and in 2010 the Anniversary XI's (which isn't saying much since there was an anniversary version of so many other models too).

There have been two non-OG colorways EVER retro'd of the XI: Cool Greys and Anniversaries. Thus, if they are going to hold the model in such high esteem, I expect a little more thought, creativity and ultimately execution than this turd that doesn't even hold up to the blackout samples. I'm all for more retro+ CWs of the XI, but this one is lazy and fails to bring anything new or creative to the table. Three tiny hits of a two color combo doesn't exactly scream "fresh".
Can't you see why they don't make so many new colorways of their flagship shoe? Look at the Joker and Crimson 3's, Photo Blue 9's, Kilroy 9's and others, look at all of the 1's. If it's not a OG colorway, most of them don't really sell well and if the majority of people don't like that particular colorway, they'll claim its "bastardization" and ruining of a classic model, when its just inevitable that all sorts of colorways will be released eventually. It doesn't matter to me that a person doesn't like a shoe, because ****, I don't like them either, but making claims like that are just silly to me.

Can't you see why they don't make so many new colorways of their flagship shoe? Look at the Joker and Crimson 3's, Photo Blue 9's, Kilroy 9's and others, look at all of the 1's. If it's not a OG colorway, most of them don't really sell well and if the majority of people don't like that particular colorway, they'll claim its "bastardization" and ruining of a classic model, when its just inevitable that all sorts of colorways will be released eventually. It doesn't matter to me that a person doesn't like a shoe, because ****, I don't like them either, but making claims like that are just silly to me.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about regarding sales because the Crimson 3 was the highest selling sneaker in the month of February. I don't like a lot of the retro+ colorways, but at least a few good ones have come from them taking some chances and doing something different. This one, as I said before, was just lazy. All black with 3 quick color hits, colors that have no meaning together, colors that have no meaning to the XI. It's weak. At least with the Crimson and Jokers they tried to do something different and there was effort put into it, rather than just two quick hits of color.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about regarding sales because the Crimson 3 was the highest selling sneaker in the month of February. I don't like a lot of the retro+ colorways, but at least a few good ones have come from them taking some chances and doing something different. This one, as I said before, was just lazy. All black with 3 quick color hits, colors that have no meaning together, colors that have no meaning to the XI. It's weak. At least with the Crimson and Jokers they tried to do something different and there was effort put into it, rather than just two quick hits of color.
Okay, I was wrong with the sales issue because they're still on FNL so I assumed they sold poorly. But my point still stands about people have been making those claims about retro+ colorways, and I just believe they're ridiculous. Whether its looked upon as lazy, uninspired or whatever, just because a new colorway drops you don't like, doesn't mean a classic shoe is being ruined.

Back
Top Bottom