Gamma Blue 11's

• I'l Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nahh I'm good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don't know yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Okay, I was wrong with the sales issue because they're still on FNL so I assumed they sold poorly. But my point still stands about people have been making those claims about retro+ colorways, and I just believe they're ridiculous. Whether its looked upon as lazy, uninspired or whatever, just because a new colorway drops you don't like, doesn't mean a classic shoe is being ruined.

How is this one comparable to something like the Jokers or Crimsons? Your point has no merit to it at all when you're treating this just like colorways with bright, vibrant colors that are a large part of the shoe. They took a black base, slapped on a MINUTE amount of color in places that you may not even see depending on how you're wearing the shoe, and will give it a $185 or $190 price point. That's lazy. That's not creative. While there are people who hate all retro+ cw's, this thread is already full of people like myself who have no problem with a well done retro+ but look at this and just see the laziness of JB written all over it.

How is this one comparable to something like the Jokers or Crimsons? Your point has no merit to it at all when you're treating this just like colorways with bright, vibrant colors that are a large part of the shoe. They took a black base, slapped on a MINUTE amount of color in places that you may not even see depending on how you're wearing the shoe, and will give it a $185 or $190 price point. That's lazy. That's not creative. While there are people who hate all retro+ cw's, this thread is already full of people like myself who have no problem with a well done retro+ but look at this and just see the laziness of JB written all over it.

I don't care if everyone doesn't like the shoe, thinks the execution islazy or not. I'm only saying that just because a new colorway is coming out, doesn't mean that model is being ruined. It's been said in this thread, it's been said in those threads. I'm simply saying that it isn't true.

Snakeskins are dope. Only lows I would grab. I was hoping these would have snakeskin. Like dude said, i was thinking you guys would complain that it was too similar to the SJs. Im copping. Hell, its even the reason I like em.

If these are the limited ones which is the GR one? What about the one coming in the pack?

Last edited:
I don't care if everyone doesn't like the shoe, thinks the execution islazy or not. I'm only saying that just because a new colorway is coming out, doesn't mean that model is being ruined. It's been said in this thread, it's been said in those threads. I'm simply saying that it isn't true.

LOL ruining the model isn't possible. It never will be. But do you know what bastardize means? "To lower in quality or character; debase." The quality of the design of almost every past XI mid CW has been good. It debases the history and legacy set forth by every previous release to be this lazy and uninspiring. To put it simply: it takes a dump right in the face of any self respecting Jordan collector/historian.

My point at the beginning of this thread was that releasing a horribly lazy CW like this (if it is indeed the premier XI over the Christmas holiday) shows what a slip this annual release has taken. Last year they couldn't even give it some standout packaging, this year they're going to dump an uninspired CW that does nothing to further the legacy of the XI. This shoe definitely doesn't convey the excitement of a SJ or CG holiday release if we want to talk about CWs that didn't originally drop in 96 and have retro'd.

Last edited:
Snakeskins are dope. Only lows I would grab. I was hoping these would have snakeskin. Like dude said, i was thinking you guys would complain that it was too similar to the SJs. Im copping. Hell, its even the reason I like em.

If these are the limited ones which is the GR one? What about the one coming in the pack?

There are still rumors of the Laney V's dropping with a Laney XI (Blue, yellow, white and black). Considering we've seen all the other holiday releases so far, I'm kind of surprised none of that rumored CW have appeared yet.

My point at the beginning of this thread was that releasing a horribly lazy CW like this (if it is indeed the premier XI over the Christmas holiday) shows what a slip this annual release has taken. Last year they couldn't even give it some standout packaging, this year they're going to dump an uninspired CW that does nothing to further the legacy of the XI. This shoe definitely doesn't convey the excitement of a SJ or CG holiday release if we want to talk about CWs that didn't originally drop in 96 and have retro'd.

To be honest, JB kind of set themselves up for that. They can't bring back the SJ or anything else since then for the past 3 years. Columbia's were THE only choice so without that REGARDLESS of what they dropped, someone would complain about it.

Unless it was the Wizard blue XIs. :D :lol:

There are still rumors of the Laney V's dropping with a Laney XI (Blue, yellow, white and black). Considering we've seen all the other holiday releases so far, I'm kind of surprised none of that rumored CW have appeared yet.
Then is the rumored snakeskin high top the GR release?

LOL ruining the model isn't possible. It never will be. But do you know what bastardize means? "To lower in quality or character; debase." The quality of the design of almost every past XI mid CW has been good. It debases the history and legacy set forth by every previous release to be this lazy and uninspiring. To put it simply: it takes a dump right in the face of any self respecting Jordan collector/historian.

I understand what you're saying. But this is to be expected some times, not every Christmas release is going to draw excitement like a Space Jam, Black Red 11, Cool Grey 11

Last edited:

Right, but that was just based on the colors (which are the blue and gold used on this one). I can't recall anyone mentioning laying eyes on or being told by any Nike/JB employee that snakeskin anything was coming. I'd much rather see anything snakeskin than these joints, that's for sure!

im in 100% agreement with you that these shoes are a tragedy.

the thread i linked had rumors about a YOTS themed XI I believe. Apparently, 3 XIs are dropping this year.

1. These
2. YOTS Limited
3. Laney XI

the thread i linked had rumors about a YOTS themed XI I believe. Apparently, 3 XIs are dropping this year.

1. These
2. YOTS Limited
3. Laney XI

Didn't that one dude that first dropped info about these releases say these were going to be the limited ones?

1. These
2. YOTS Limited
3. Laney XI

Well I guess we should be seeing the other two in the next month or so if they are coming. If this is the weakest link maybe that just means the other two will more than make up for it and dudes will spend their money on these instead.

Alright, let's get a nickname for these bad boys. I'm torn between Yo Gamma Gamma and He Got Gamma. What say you NT?

Last edited:

1. These
2. YOTS Limited
3. Laney XI

Didn't that one dude that first dropped info about these releases say these were going to be the limited ones?

i could be wrong but the snakeskin was supposed to be the limited one. again, i could be wrong. these definitely dont scream limited by any means.

trappedintime - im praying we get a colorway that resembles good looking. id take a blacked out XI over these 7 days a week.

The blacked out CW would have worked, which is why it seems silly to me that they took that and just made it look worse while adding no defining "wow factor" to it with those two colors. It makes me wonder if the blackout will just never see the light of day.

I think a Laney CW could be really awesome if done right though, so I'm going to hold out hope that a predominantly blue/white XI drops. Snakeskin mids would just be a bonus, although you have to wonder which of the two would get the GR treatment. Hypebeasts are so enthralled with taking any Jordan or snapback and covering it in snakeskin that you know it will be nearly impossible to get if they don't do 300-500K pairs.

I hate to say it but I can see it now Air Jordan 11's Blackouts $250+shipping You've been warned Hopefully not but with guys already talking about breaking out the sharpie its kinda obvious

I hate to say it but I can see it now Air Jordan 11's Blackouts $250+shipping You've been warned Hopefully not but with guys already talking about breaking out the sharpie its kinda obvious

Seems pointless when you have both the yellow on the tongue and heel to take care of too. Besides, the blackout samples didn't have that blue tinted sole, which made the whole thing look better. I'm going to laugh if guys buy these and figure out/butcher the customization.

These are trash but I know all of you hypebeasts will buy them anyways.
joined today and already calling everyone hypebeasts 
eyes.gif

Anyway these are alright I guess but I definitely prefer blackouts

Back
Top Bottom