Gamma Blue 11's

• I'l Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nahh I'm good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don't know yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
did you get them tho? my point is shoes were much easier to get than what they have been since the concords. there is no denying that.
Every release got progessively harder since the space jams, which was mainly about the shoe and I think started the crazy resell prices. Now its just about the ritual of getting the shoes everybody wants every year.

this is a new trend? old school ways were you wear them straight out of the store and put your old beaters in the shoe box or throw them out. the new trend is to say imma buy some shoes then wear them 2+ years later.
i'm a adult now but ever since middle school i've always waited at least a yr. before putting them into rotation.unless it's a grail i un'ds the shoe the same day & wear it couple more times that week then they go into the collection for future wear.

I wore my Tour Yellow 4's yesterday to go snatch a ticket for the Gammas and had multiple people stopping me asking about them. Just goes to show how this sneaker stuff is a fad now a days to these younger folks.

I'm not even mad though because even after this "sneaker head" phase dies down, my love for kicks and shoes in general will still be there...

did you get them tho? my point is shoes were much easier to get than what they have been since the concords. there is no denying that.
Every release got progessively harder since the space jams, which was mainly about the shoe and I think started the crazy resell prices. Now its just about the ritual of getting the shoes everybody wants every year.

if you say so. concords set it off. cool grey XIs were definitely an easier release so. probably on par with the space jams. concords started the whole every XI needs to sell for $300+ on the first weekend then hover around that price for a while.

Last edited:
I wore Flint VIIs the other day and this kid thought they were fakes.
I wanted to give him a hug.
Poor fella.
:nerd:
I remember when dude thought my ftlotg 7s were fake cause they had a 9 on the back all I could do was laugh lol. Then he probably got em when they retroed again

this is a new trend? old school ways were you wear them straight out of the store and put your old beaters in the shoe box or throw them out. the new trend is to say imma buy some shoes then wear them 2+ years later.
i'm a adult now but ever since middle school i've always waited at least a yr. before putting them into rotation.unless it's a grail i un'ds the shoe the same day & wear it couple more times that week then they go into the collection for future wear.

you must have been privileged. I didn't have it like that in middle school to put shoes on ice. I had a 3-4 pair rotation PLUS I was still growing. if I went back a year later then the shoes would be too small.

3 things...
1 - you already planning your FIT for the release?
laugh.gif

2 - I guess you doing it with your 09s.... hope someone doesn't show up with their 00s and shut you down
happy.gif

3 - haters cant hate what they don't know about... dudes probably gonna think you got on fake gammas. that's just how it is these days. we dealing with people that are into the trend not shoe historians like we used to deal with.

Last edited:
At first, I was going to pass on these because I usually just try to cop either OG colors or retro+ colors that came out prior 2008...however my favorite Jordan silhouette has always been the 11 since it first dropped in '95 (sixth grade for me). More on more I saw pictures on the net I became brainwashed about these not because its a big release simply because its an 11 not to mention its a "not so bad" color way...but I had no idea it was going to be this hard to obtain these...and i'm also seeing a lot of foul play with some of the sneaker stores. I came in late to work to grab tickets at this sneaker spot in the DMV that reported they were doing tickets today for the release...I was the first person there (store opens at 10am)...I figure cool imma be good most people at work, kids in school and I got flex hours ad so I'm straight...so 5 mins before they open these knuckle head employees say to another as they were opening the door "I don't know why they are here..we doing the tickets tomorrow, maybe and thats not guaranteed"...I'm standing here in the cold like you arrogant $8.00 p/h...everyone was pretty hot because they all were told tickets on Monday...maybe 8 people there total...hontestly...I'm bout to say bump this release and spend more money on my kids...I'll just wait down the line til the resell prices settle around 250...sorry for the long read...

Last edited by a moderator:
At first, I was going to pass on these because I usually just try to cop either OG colors or retro+ colors that came out prior 2008...however my favorite Jordan silhouette has always been the 11 since it first dropped in '95 (sixth grade for me). More on more I saw pictures on the net I became brainwashed about these not because its a big release simply because its an 11 not to mention its a "not so bad" color way...but I had no idea it was going to be this hard to obtain these...and i'm also seeing a lot of foul play with some of the sneaker stores. I came in late to work to grab tickets at this sneaker spot in the DMV that reported they were doing tickets today for the release...I was the first person there (store opens at 10am)...I figure cool imma be good most people at work, kids in school and I got flex hours ad so I'm straight...so 5 mins before they open these knuckle head employees say to another as they were opening the door "I don't know why they are here..we doing the tickets tomorrow, maybe and thats not guaranteed"...I'm standing here in the cold like you arrogant $8.00 p/h...everyone was pretty hot because they all were told tickets on Monday...maybe 8 people there total...hontestly...I'm bout to say bump this release and spend more money on my kids...I'll just wait down the line til the resell prices settle around 250...sorry for the long read...

these releases bring out the immaturity of some employees. I remember asking about what time a store was opening and dude gave me a snide reply then turned and mumbled something dumb. i was offended at first but then realized that dude just didn't know any better. the shoes will probably be the highlight of his holiday season.

you must have been privileged. I didn't have it like that in middle school to put shoes on ice. I had a 3-4 pair rotation PLUS I was still growing. if I went back a year later then the shoes would be too small.
my parents are immigrants who came from a third world country i always had some type of job so i could buy the sneakers i wanted my mom was only buying me one pair at the beginning of each school yr. i've always took care of my kicks coming from poverty always made me appreciate the things i did have even more.  

footlocker, champs and footaction all supposed to make the winning calls around 1-2 pm today out here, hopefully me or my girl get a call back. If not its on to the rsvp process for these...hopefully i wont have to wait that long to know i have a guaranteed pair i can actually get to.

shoe police I tell ya. I don't give a damn what people say I'm gonna rock my kicks. People pay to much attention what other people say.

I'm on the same fence as you, hope it turns out well.

worst part about all of this is i ended up winning a finish line rsvp but its in another state because i was supposed to fly home for christmas but my flight plans didn't work out the way i wanted instead of flying out the 20th i fly out the 24th. So i can't even get someone to get that pair for me...otherwise i'd just be trying to get a gs pair for the gf.

good luck to those who entered raffles yesterday!

and for all this "keep my shoes fresh with preservatives in vacuum sealed aluminum cans" talk... they're just shoes

Not enough shoes being made for holiday time is the problem.  Why not make enough for everyone?  We know there will be around 600k-800k of these when it's all said and done after restocks and time passes.  Since it is apparent the limited and general release tags means nothing for a release like this, and there aren't enough sneakers to go around, why not just produce more?  Everyone wins.  Nike/JB make more money and consumers get the shoes they want for Christmas.

Not saying to do this with other releases or times of the year.  Just holiday time for 1 or 2 hyped GR's where producing some more won't hurt anyone.

Yep, now you can wear last years Lebron's and it's nothing.

But after a certain age, you shouldn't be doing the putting on your sneakers in the store

shoe police I tell ya. I don't give a damn what people say I'm gonna rock my kicks. People pay to much attention what other people say.

The point of his post flew completely over your head :smh:

Last edited:
Not enough shoes being made for holiday time is the problem.  Why not make enough for everyone?  We know there will be around 600k-800k of these when it's all said and done after restocks and time passes.  Since it is apparent the limited and general release tags means nothing for a release like this, and there aren't enough sneakers to go around, why not just produce more?  Everyone wins.  Nike/JB make more money and consumers get the shoes they want for Christmas.

Not saying to do this with other releases or times of the year.  Just holiday time for 1 or 2 hyped GR's where producing some more won't hurt anyone.

honestly, i think its unrealistic to ask for any more than what we've been hearing. there were plenty of black/reds to go around last year and its rumored that there are more of these than the black/reds.

the whole city was out yesterday for that raflle... jimmy jazz had to stop taking entries, but that's what i don't get.. it's a raffle , so why does it matter how many people entered.. anyways footlocker will be making winning calls today, so i hope i get lucky

Man i remember when i had to try on my shoes before i bought em. Auto unds. If its taking someone years to unds a pair and fit into a rotation, u got more problems than u already know.

Man i remember when i had to try on my shoes before i bought em. Auto unds. If its taking someone years to unds a pair and fit into a rotation, u got more problems than u already know.

i think im guilty of this to some extent but in minnesota the weather just keeps shoes ds to be honest. Aside from my toro 4s which have been worn to be laced they are pretty much ds and won't actually get any wear until this next coming summer. These gammas though will get worn not too long after i purchase them.

Back
Top Bottom