Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt believe my eyes and ears when somebody on craigslist just traded me a size 10.5 DS pair of these Royals for my DS 10.5 88's.  straight up trade.

Just Came up on my 2nd pair
:nthat:

I wanted this to happen so badly for me, with the exception for a size 12 for an 11.5 or 12.

needless to say I ended up selling both of my 88 pairs because I needed the money for a new laptop :frown:

I couldnt believe my eyes and ears when somebody on craigslist just traded me a size 10.5 DS pair of these Royals for my DS 10.5 88's.  straight up trade.

Just Came up on my 2nd pair
:nthat:

Nice, I have been checking CL in my area everyday since release with not a single Royal 1 ad to be found. Even posted a wanted ad to no avail.... Oh well at least I have a pair coming in so I can't complain.

He stated FNL head back pairs not that they received more pairs. The restock will just be for the remaining pairs they didn't put up.

I hope the restock rumors are false. I want this to be limited. Not everyone can win all the time. I paid double in price because these were grail status. Some person who gets lucky on FNL will have paid retail for a shoe he wasn't that into. :smh:

I love the hate for my post. :D

I hope the people that really want these get them.

Just sick of the restocks. A lot of people pick up from the restocks and they don't even want the shoe. They just want it for trade bait or resell purposes.

If you can't live without these shoes you either get them on release day for retail or you pay resell.

There is no such thing as second place. Either you're first or you're nothing. Just because of all these noobs they have to produce more. (I still consider my self very new to the sneaker culture.)

DARWIN

View media item 305030...............

WSS...just a heads up to those that ordered, unfortunately wasn't double boxed and box was beat up a bit..all good, glad to finally have mine home. 
pimp.gif

For all the old NT'ers, do you feel like the 1's are one of the few Jordan's you can get away with wearing casually?

Don't get me wrong, I still have LOVE for a lot of the older models for nostalgic reasons, but as a 28 year old,  the only Jordans I feel like I can wear are the 1's (mainly my breds, the royals, lasers) and maybe the III's and IV's. As much as I love the VIII's and 13's, I feel kinda corny wearing them now, especially in my line of work (corporate finance.)

Last edited:
For all the old NT'ers, do you feel like the 1's are one of the few Jordan's you can get away with wearing casually?

Don't get me wrong, I still have LOVE for a lot of the older models for nostalgic reasons. The VIII's were my first pair in elementary, the 13's were the first pair I bought with my own money in high school, so I will still pick those up to relive my "childhood" so to speak, but as a 28 year old working professional, I find it hard to wear VIII's, 13's, even XI's on an everyday basis. 

To be honest, the only Jordans I feel like I can wear are the 1's (mainly my breds, the royals, lasers) and maybe the III's and IV's. As much as I love the VIII's and 13's, I feel kinda corny wearing them now. I can't imagine in a few years being 30 walking around and wearing them. Not to disrespect anyone in their 30's who do, but just saying, in my circumstances, and line of work (corporate finance.) 

Im 33 years old bruh and I could care less how others perceive me by what shoes Im wearing........

Don't get me wrong, I still have LOVE for a lot of the older models for nostalgic reasons, but as a 28 year old, the only Jordans I feel like I can wear are the 1's (mainly my breds, the royals, lasers) and maybe the III's and IV's. As much as I love the VIII's and 13's, I feel kinda corny wearing them now, especially in my line of work (corporate finance.)

Yes, I feel like the 1's, 3's, 4's & 11's are shoes that I can wear casually. I still love 5's, 6's, 7's, 10's, & 12's but can't myself wearing them years down the road.

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, I still have LOVE for a lot of the older models for nostalgic reasons. The VIII's were my first pair in elementary, the 13's were the first pair I bought with my own money in high school, so I will still pick those up to relive my "childhood" so to speak, but as a 28 year old working professional, I find it hard to wear VIII's, 13's, even XI's on an everyday basis. 

To be honest, the only Jordans I feel like I can wear are the 1's (mainly my breds, the royals, lasers) and maybe the III's and IV's. As much as I love the VIII's and 13's, I feel kinda corny wearing them now. I can't imagine in a few years being 30 walking around and wearing them. Not to disrespect anyone in their 30's who do, but just saying, in my circumstances, and line of work (corporate finance.) 
bout to go in :lol:

The 1's are so sleek and low profile that it's instinct to wear them causally but I totally get what you're saying

The III's are also blessed with the sleekness and have a great shape that allows pants to go over them nicely and blending into casual as it has minimal branding

Same Story with the IV's V's... the rest tho.. I feel what you're saying :\

6's are kinda tall, same with 7's
8's are clunky, 9's are cleat like, 13 kinda bulky and high

But all Jordan's can go casual if done right I believe. Even Jerry pulled off the 7's and we know the 11 is pretty much a formal shoe :lol:

But something about the 1,3,4,V that are sleek, low profile and secretly loud

Im 33 years old bruh and I could care less how others perceive me by what shoes Im wearing........
I feel you on that, but working in a corporate finance role in a semiconductor tech company here in the silicon valley, wearing some VIII's or some 13's to work, people wouldn't take me as a serious as I'd like. 

And I spend 40 to 50 hours a week in my office, so I just feel like, from a wearable standpoint, the 1's are the main shoes I can wear and still "relive" my childhood love for Jordans. I guess I'm a victim of my circumstances. 

But I agree with you, outside of work, I could care less what others think. 

I feel you on that, but working in a corporate finance role in a semiconductor tech company here in the silicon valley, wearing some VIII's or some 13's to work, people wouldn't take me as a serious as I'd like. 

And I spend 40 to 50 hours a week in my office, so I just feel like, from a wearable standpoint, the 1's are the main shoes I can wear and still "relive" my childhood love for Jordans. I guess I'm a victim of my circumstances. 

It's all on how you wear em. If your older its ok to show your mature side but trust me its nothing like a casual Friday and throwing on some aqua 8's. Your never too old, young, professional or unemployed to get your neck broke

WSS...just a heads up to those that ordered, unfortunately wasn't double boxed and box was beat up a bit..all good, glad to finally have mine home. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. Yeah pabs box was pretty beat up to. me i could careless about the box as long as the shoes are ok. only thing is if i decide to swap sizes i don't know how the other person is gonna feel about a beat up box.. i might just have to keep the 9 and wear church socks with them 
laugh.gif

I guess where i live now I dont really have to worry about it......the people here in Seattle dress very casually for work for the most part......and that is even for corporate finance roles....a friend of mine has a job similar to yours and gets paid very well.....he is a shoe fanatic and wears a lot of his J's to work.......foams and Lebron's as well......but in the Silicon Valley I could see your point......

ZZZZZ. Shoes still didn't come in. Has been at my local post office since 5 AM yesterday! All tracking says is "arrival at unit"

Looks at my join date and assumes I am a rookie. :lol:

Guppy (Cube voice)

I don't think it has anything to do with your join date. Your original statement was foolish, to be kind. Your follow up statement after everyone criticized you was even more ridiculous. I paid more than double too. But I don't wish they were limited. I copped because I wanted the shoes, not because I thought it was limited or would be worth more down the road.

And we're talking about a restock as if its going to be thousands available. Come on people, it's a restock. Still an L coming your way if you're hoping to cop on a restock

Usps won't let you pick up until after their first delivery attempt. That's what they always tell me.

Oh. Well. They're lazy as hell then. I sprained my ankle today and was hoping to come home to my box to help me feel better lol.

Has the restocked been confirmed?
Sadly no. One person posted couple hours ago claiming FNL will list their held back pairs which you can take with a grain of salt.

The production numbers on these shoes were way too little for FNL to hold back any pairs.

Not to mention they listed several pairs online a couple days after launch. Most likely from canceled orders or left over inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom