Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since '97 like everybody else who joined within the last year and a half huh? Nice.

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you. Your post came off as a cool guy wannabe or someone who comes on here and doesn't give two craps about what everyone else does in order to stick out. If that's not what you meant, fine. Keep pushin.

And by the way, the year you started collecting earns you no respect when you use it as a shield.

Who the hell cares bout post, join dates, etc. You ain't running nothing round here but your gums. You soft in the drawers. You really got offended by a post that aint concern you? Move along lil fella

Aye brothas let's keep this on topic, ain't tryna have another thread locked.

Plz & thnx

I remember these kicks as a kid. I skated and beat these to death. Tommy Guerrero of the Bones Brigade rockin Black and Royal with custom aqua green paint. circa 1986.  Can't wait til the 16th!!

tommyguerrero1986_378209.jpg

rockin my knicks 1s today with trimmed sneakershields and they're STILL kinda creasing. i dont wear the shields in all my j's but honestly i can't stand the way that 1s crease. its like somebody ironed in the creases after 30 seconds. i never owned a pair of OG 1's so i don't know how they look when they crease but im not feeling a tic tac toe board of creases after 2 wears that is common to most if not all retro 1's. i know kicks are supposed to crease but 1s are just ridiculous. if these are the same as the knicks in terms of quality, i will most certainly be using sneaker shields.

1's always crease, might have to go with a 11.5 instead of 11 and throw some force fields in there if they gonna be creasing up like that after 2 wears :lol:

My original post clearly says 1's ALWAYS crease. What i was trying to say was I'm gonna do a better job at keeping them fresh compared to my 01's that I beat to the ground in high school. Not sure how it turned into a back n forth disagreement about who prefers creasing or not :lol:

Anyways, glad we're starting to see on feet pics, less than a month away I CAN''T WAIT TOO MUCH LONGER!

I can't **** with sneaker shields. I hope they also come with a pair of black laces.

I can't **** with sneaker shields. I hope they also come with a pair of black laces.

Same thing I use to say until I unDS my Obsidian 12's last weekend. Them shields did wonders! Not gonna use them for all my kicks, just for the joints that definitely need them.

Black laces shouldnt be hard to find for a lace swap :lol:

Same thing I use to say until I unDS my Obsidian 12's last weekend. Them shields did wonders! Not gonna use them for all my kicks, just for the joints that definitely need them.

Not saying they would be but I much prefer my shoes to come with the laces that they should

Black laces shouldnt be hard to find for a lace swap
laugh.gif
Don't know why you would need those for 12's, those things are tanks. I wore my "playoff" 12's a bunch of times, and they still look as fresh as the day I bought them.

And I know they're not hard to find, its just that the 1's often came with another pair of laces.

This is the only release this year in which I'm willing to pay second hand retail if I fail to cop :nerd:

Don't know why you would need those for 12's, those things are tanks. I wore my "playoff" 12's a bunch of times, and they still look as fresh as the day I bought them.

And I know they're not hard to find, its just that the 1's often came with another pair of laces.

I needed them because my Obsidians ran a half size big on me + my funny shaped feet(i think one foot is a half size bigger) = DISASTER :lol:

Creased up shoe = beater

I fold up socks and wear over my foot... Been doing it for 10+ years. My feet are just used to it I guess

1's are definitely the worst, you have to be extra dilligent in the placing of socks/shields to get them not to crease.

All the guys saying creases give a shoe character... Do y'all clean your shoes after you wear them or is that a no no as well?

Don't we all like our shoes to stay fresh as long as possible right?

I needed them because my Obsidians ran a half size big on me + my funny shaped feet(i think one foot is a half size bigger) = DISASTER
laugh.gif
Oh I feel you. The homie told me that twelves ran a little big so I got a half size down and they fit perfect. And my foots like that too, whenever I wear a bad pair of shoes, it's only my left heel that hurts. **** is weird.

Last edited:
Why do people argue over things as simple as one man not liking his shoe OD creased? I perfectly understand that shoes are meant to be worn and creased, and I wear and crease my shoes. Sometimes, though I prefer them to look tip-top. These are #1 on my list, and I'd like to keep them in #1 condition. If you prefer to beat them to hell, more power to you. Yelling and screaming at me, or anyone else, wont stop them from walking funny, folding socks, or ironing out the creases. And that my friends, is a fact of life.

Keep to yourself about the simple things, and you will go farther in life. 

IMO 1s especially look dope with a little wear and tear to them. And those royal blues look :x with the blue laces. black only plz.

Last edited:
I really hope these do fit TTS. I like my shoes too tight anyway. Personal preference. So i hope i am getting the right size. 1s have always been tts on my feet anyway.

I agree that creases give character to kicks but at the same time i dont want kicks that crease too fast.

As for the militaries i wore them 14 hours a day for 2 days of my NY trip. Regrettable decision but i didnt think they creased up too bad.

I really hope these do fit TTS. I like my shoes too tight anyway. Personal preference. So i hope i am getting the right size. 1s have always been tts on my feet anyway.

I agree that creases give character to kicks but at the same time i dont want kicks that crease too fast.

As for the militaries i wore them 14 hours a day for 2 days of my NY trip. Regrettable decision but i didnt think they creased up too bad.
Military blues have always creased and chipped badly. 06's as well as '12s. I havent owned an older pair so i couldnt say anything about them. Something about those in particular though, they just crease as bad as can be
IMO 1s especially look dope with a little wear and tear to them. And those royal blues look
sick.gif
with the blue laces. black only plz.
Black laces all the way. I have some the right size stored away just in case 
pimp.gif

rockin my knicks 1s today with trimmed sneakershields and they're STILL kinda creasing. i dont wear the shields in all my j's but honestly i can't stand the way that 1s crease. its like somebody ironed in the creases after 30 seconds. i never owned a pair of OG 1's so i don't know how they look when they crease but im not feeling a tic tac toe board of creases after 2 wears that is common to most if not all retro 1's. i know kicks are supposed to crease but 1s are just ridiculous. if these are the same as the knicks in terms of quality, i will most certainly be using sneaker shields.

Thought I was the only one who trimmed my sneaker shields those things are uncomfortable otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom