Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got them in directly from Jordan Brand. Black laces come on, blue laces come attached in a bag. Toe will definitely crease but quality is still good. Another note the tongue is made up of a nylon-ish material.

Detailed pics coming in an hour or so
View media item 223737

eww they look like dunks :x
"Joined 12/2012"

Says it all :smh:

Can't wait for these though, would love to see them retro the white/neutral grey 1s, those have never been rereleased since '85.

whoever has a pair can you PLEASE let us know if the tongue is nylon....pics would be very helpful....this is all i care about

eww they look like dunks 
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Banned quality?

None of these will have banned quality. The Banned 1's have a rich slightly tumbled leather that's more raw, less refined (look at the edges of the Swoosh, which are almost "furry"). None of these NA pairs are made that way. These look almost exactly like the Knicks, down to the liner. Not bad by any means, but people need to realize the Banneds were a small run with leather that's unlike just about any AJ1 to release.

The better comparison is to the Vegas 1. Those have soft, buttery leather that's high quality. None of these seem to match those either.

Banned quality?

None of these will have banned quality. The Banned 1's have a rich slightly tumbled leather that's more raw, less refined (look at the edges of the Swoosh, which are almost "furry"). None of these NA pairs are made that way. These look almost exactly like the Knicks, down to the liner. Not bad by any means, but people need to realize the Banneds were a small run with leather that's unlike just about any AJ1 to release.

The better comparison is to the Vegas 1. Those have soft, buttery leather that's high quality. None of these seem to match those either.
damn, thats disappointing. i own a pair of banned ones that i wear almost every day. makes me want to get 2 pairs of the royals. thanks for the info though.

Those pics back there are straight fire, can't wait.  Seems like a lot of people are saying pass on these, so I hope they are relatively easy to pick up for retail.  Do these actually release the same day as those NA cement 3's?  if so, talk about major server failure 

Yeah, I don't know what leather you are looking at but it doesn't look that soft. Haha. I'm still going to get them because I love a black and blue shoe, especially if it's a Jordan 1.

I'm getting one, maybe two pairs, but I'm telling you, Knicks quality is what all of these NA releases will have. Better than the recent 1's, but nowhere near the Banned or 2001 quality. Just look at some pics and you can tell what we're working with and it's nothing knockout, but not turrrble either. But soft? No, these won't be soft or buttery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom