Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is in no way group seven got 26 pairs, smh. That shop had had a Jordan account for max 6 months. More than Livestock, that makes no sense.

Quality on these is not great let's keep it 100. Since I was able to get a pair on RD and look at them in person I am 100% sure if I would have missed out I would have just passed rather than pay resale for these. The quality doesn't warrant $250+ for these.

There is in no way group seven got 26 pairs, smh. That shop had had a Jordan account for max 6 months. More than Livestock, that makes no sense.
I dont know about calgary stores but to think someone got more than livestock seems interesting lol. I tried livestock's online release but of course their site crashed. ah well its all good

Who said I knew people high up in Nike?
grin.gif

For repeating something I heard earlier in this thread?

Get over yourself.
Another NT'er with production numbers.
nthat.gif
Not trying to beef but those numbers on Royals aren't accurate, at all
Just what I heard man, just what I heard. I ain't eem mad.
Seriously. Half the information on here's inaccurate, and it's even worse over at ISS, which is why I came here. The **** people think they know usually comes through word of mouth, and eventually, like a game of telephone, the original information either gets skewed to the point that it's useless, or completely wrong.

Best to do your own research and take the unverified info/tips with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Just a question and a little fun debate for you all. Before they even mentioned royals coming out, Would you rather have had Bred 1s instead?

I would probably go with the Bred 1s.

Damn.. I'm starting to think I might drop the 265 on these.
I say do it. I missed out on the drop and figured no big deal resale market get swamped as always but then it didn't (so far). I passed up buying off eBay for 230 then wished I didn't. Ended up just saying f it and paid 260 yesterday these were way more limited than the 88s and unlike most of other retros released recently seem to really just be going up in price. Just my opinion

Why are dudes still blaming other people for why they can't get these? This release isn't a casualty of demand, it's a victim of Nike's supply. One can hope they do a secondary release/large restock, but if there were only 10K pairs in the U.S. or even 20K it seems pretty easy to understand they didn't meet the natural demand, not the other way around.
dudes knew how limited they were, and if they didnt  thats on them. cant blame someone ahead of you in a line but yourself cause you didnt get there earlier. 

i know some places dont have the luxury of having multiple retailers, but out here in LA ( major hype city) you gotta get out there by any means if you want to cop at retail. twitter and online are options but def not my last resort, i camped 15 hrs and got mine. i tracked how releases were going on here all week to know i had to get outh there and commit myself to copping a pair. i was 5th in and got my pair, dont hate cause of the work i put in cause for damn sure i aint offering any pity to anyone who didnt get them

Quality on these is not great let's keep it 100. Since I was able to get a pair on RD and look at them in person I am 100% sure if I would have missed out I would have just passed rather than pay resale for these. The quality doesn't warrant $250+ for these.
VERY TRUE! they are very limited but quality SUCKS!

Just a question and a little fun debate for you all. Before they even mentioned royals coming out, Would you rather have had Bred 1s instead?

I would too ... love the Bred 1's more but Royal's are a close 2nd

I'd go with the Royals, hands down. These aren't just my favorite pair of 1's these are my #2 favorite Jordan, period. I have a feeling a lot of people would go after the black/reds though

Man the production on these were slim !

Im up in Vancouver and out of al the 4 Nike stores, 1 ended up getting them. Also of all the Jordan brand accounts in the area only 2 stores got them. Not even foot locker ! The store i lined up had a wopping 6 pairs, with the size range 9-13. The other store had a total of 6 pairs, and i believe the Nike town only got 6 as well. A total of ******g 18 pairs on the west coast of Canada. I feel like i could go ahead and say there was barely over 100 of these that made it into Canada. WHAT IN THE WORLD. 
I'm pretty positive 3 of the 4 nike stores got them. From what i was told by an employee anyways. I got mine from one of them, they had all the way down to size 7, and a FSR. bout 2 of each size... Theirs already about 9 pairs up on the Vancouver craigslist, few guys with multiple pairs. I think the lower main land only got around 50 pairs. But i do feel canada got much more then 100.

but for all I know I'm wrong.

Xmo - thanks for the review. You might have to check some of these Youngsters. Hit them with the bans pic!!

VERY TRUE! they are very limited but quality SUCKS!
Just curious. Do either of you actually own a pair of these? Highly doubt it
LOL. Copped on RD from Nike Chicago. I posted a pic right after I copped. Are you upset because we don't like the quality of these? 

edit: For the record I didn't say the quality sucks but I don't think these are worth $250+. To each their own I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Last edited:
QFT I said the same thing even the leather on the Knicks is better IMO the leather on the Knicks is soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom