Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pricing is not right for any reseller... copping @ $270 with possible customs charge to resell for what? $30-40 bucks after all fees and shipping?
how much does customs charge? Will they charge if a friend from germany picked them up and sent them here to the US?

I wouldn't do it helll no!
Appreciate it. He was trying to scam me to pay $100 via moneygram on shipment and $65 when they arrive. Bargain that was too good to be true. Told him to use paypal but got nothing but excuses. I'm not that thirsty to fall for these tricks.

I need a guy in Euro who could cop these for me. Just seems like they're not moving that fast over there.

The lowest Id found on the thread was... Italian site for $260 which I passed... basketmania and sivasdescalzo was closer to $3 bills

ahhh.. okay. that's practically what the lurkers/resellers are selling them for so that makes sense..

i hadnt done the currency conversions.. but i was just a little concerned lol likee

why keep giving them new sites/supplies that just takes away from our chances of getting pairs. lmao like ever since the livestock link got posted whenever anyone posted a link i was just kinda like, "aww man now its gonna sell out in 2 minutes or the site is gonna crash."
and it's gotten to the point that if someone finds a site that has a FSR and is a good price they can't post it because then that site becomes invalid or irrelevant almost instantly, so they stick to PMing info.. but that makes it hard too because most of the time they'll only PM people that they know and etc.

its just a vicious cycle haha. sorry for the rant. i guess i was just a little distraught from not getting a pair on RD and having all these people post about their insider knowledge with no one willing to shed some light.

The last pair of Jordan's I bought were 2011 Cement IIIs, needless to say, this release was nothing like that.

It seems odd that these were so limited, given that Nike made youth sizes of these and that Nike didn't use NDC.

ahhh.. okay. that's practically what the lurkers/resellers are selling them for so that makes sense..

i hadnt done the currency conversions.. but i was just a little concerned lol likee

why keep giving them new sites/supplies that just takes away from our chances of getting pairs. lmao like ever since the livestock link got posted whenever anyone posted a link i was just kinda like, "aww man now its gonna sell out in 2 minutes or the site is gonna crash."
and it's gotten to the point that if someone finds a site that has a FSR and is a good price they can't post it because then that site becomes invalid or irrelevant almost instantly, so they stick to PMing info.. but that makes it hard too because most of the time they'll only PM people that they know and etc.

its just a vicious cycle haha. sorry for the rant. i guess i was just a little distraught from not getting a pair on RD and having all these people post about their insider knowledge with no one willing to shed some light.

True...

Who were the skaters and rock band that were wearing these black/Royals? I cant remember which page they were on. I wanted to show a friend of mine. Please help. Thanks!

They were $165 on basketmania.

That's right come up to $185 shipped or so... They just didin't have my size :D

how much does customs charge? Will they charge if a friend from germany picked them up and sent them here to the US?

If he buys them and ship em to you just tell him to mark as GIFT and put a low declare value like $40 bucks... hide any invoicing or receipts and you should be good.

$311 shipping to america

sz 7, 8 , 10

Hopefully ya'll can find me 8.5

Thanks for the link. Repped just can't afford that price

I wonder if the lurkers just use the links and sites that are posted once for the release that the link is posted it in... like if they're gonna use the italian sites, euro sites, etc. just for the royals because it was posted in the royal thread. a lot of good sites have been posted and i feel like it's just feeding the masses and ultimately making it easier for resellers and harder on ourselves.

All that is true.

I think the bottom line is that JB isn't making enough shoes. I realize they don't want to saturate the market but this isn't 1994 when AJ Retros sat on shelves forever and were sold off in clearance for $19.99 a pop. It's a different world now with older guys still wanting to buy the shoes they have loved since their youth and younger guys that are hyped about these shoes for some reason. So there's this milieu with competing factions over these limited quantities.

What I would love to see is JB number each pair much the same way they did in 2001 with the AJ 1's. Those were also very hallowed re-releases. Knowing there were 50,000 pairs and that each pair was individually numbered kind of gave us an idea of how limited the run was without any guesswork.

Again, bottom line: they aren't making enough shoes. I realize this is just one man's opinion but it seems to me they are losing money to a secondary market because of the lack of product. I'm glad it's not my job to find the fine line between market saturation and customer satiation but, JB needs to work harder at it I think.

Last edited:
For that much you might as well buy off a reseller on CL or Ebay lol. You wouldn't have to wait as long for them to get to you.
Man it's looking dry af out here in NYC for my sz, even the sites overseas give me a better chance at getting a pair.

But your right at that price I'm straight.

The last pair of Jordan's I bought were 2011 Cement IIIs, needless to say, this release was nothing like that.

It seems odd that these were so limited, given that Nike made youth sizes of these and that Nike didn't use NDC.

There's a good amount of speculation that the Chinese New Year limited production and/or shipping. That's why I think so many are curious to how this release shakes out. If more pairs make their way to retailers, the prices may drop back down a bit, but if these are truly limited, they're only going up.

There's a good amount of speculation that the Chinese New Year limited production and/or shipping. That's why I think so many are curious to how this release shakes out. If more pairs make their way to retailers, the prices may drop back down a bit, but if these are truly limited, they're only going up.

I feel that even if retailers are getting late shipments and etc that the prices won't drop drastically. Looks like the demand greatly outweighs the supply.

I think that's the boat most who missed out are in:

-Bend over and pay the resell/Euro site price
-Roll the dice wait for a restock
-Buy the Black and blue dunks :frown:

Who were the skaters and rock band that were wearing these black/Royals? I cant remember which page they were on. I wanted to show a friend of mine. Please help. Thanks!
Dave Mustaine :pimp:

View media item 274811
View media item 274801
View media item 274803
View media item 274804

check these 2 articles out

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/201...roll-sneaker-photos/jeff-ament-air-jordan-iii

http://www.modern-notoriety.com/201...rdan-1-became-significant-in-the-skate-world/

Last edited:
LOL at Modern Notoriety informing us in 2013 about the AJ1 and Skate Culture. This piece has been done dozens of times. It was done when the Banned craze hit in 2011.

Sometimes I think the little munchkins at MN write to inform themselves since they have no clue on anything other than beastin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom